expensive cars you wish you hadn't bought...damn it

  • Thread starter Thread starter pisquano
  • 235 comments
  • 27,065 views
But these days, I don't regret any car I get because I collect them :)

I agree. And, before to reach the 20M top, i spend all the money i can, including 8000 Cr in used teapots :dopey:
 
Not that expensive at 500,000 credits each, I bought 3 race cars, can't even remember the names but everyone was horrible to drive. All the race cars in this game seem to sound pretty much the same, as if they're all built out of the same limited number of digitally synthesized sounds files set to different volume levels.


:sick:
 
When I was just starting to play the game, I regret getting the XJ220 in the UCD as I could've done better for the price at that time.

But these days, I don't regret any car I get because I collect them :)

Seconded. I bought it a couple of days ago, maxed it out before driving it. BIG mistake. Not even Bob likes it. He can't get past 400-500 hp cars even though the Jag has 600-700. The handling must be bonkers
 
I don't know if this was a bad decision or not, but I did get desparate and spend 5,000,000 on the Audi R8 LMS Playstation Race Car. I guess it was a bad idea since I was also looking for a boat load of other race cars as well, but at least I can get all that money back with Seasonal Events.
 
I bought the Audi R10 for almost 5 million credits... terrible oversteer problems at low speeds that I can't fix with any tune. Should have gone with the 908.
 
I purchased the Furai only to find it can be won in B-Spec

Same. :indiff:
I buy it and won it on the same day...
I was like..
". . ."
 
I tried EVERYTHING as far as i know 👎
No chance.. i can get it up to 310-312 but thats about it.

Thats why this thing i more or less always last in "Like the Wind" or similar events. It has no chance because of top speed.

This is good. It means PD actually modeled the wing correctly compared to past games where the Escudo could magically do 270 mph despite have barn doors on the front and back.

The car isn't useless though. On a road course, it can keep up with LMP's (I find this hard to believe, but it's the reality in GT5). GT5's Escudo is much closer to GT2's game breaking Escudo than the useless GT4 version.

I also defend the Supra and Viper GTS-R. Not fast? How many road cars can keep up with them? How many race cars for that matter? It's really only LMP, F1, and Group C that out pace them. In their own respective classes (Super GT and ALMS GT) they are both very fast.
 
Ferrari SP1, absolutely terrible.

The SP1 is a collector's car, not a performance vehicle. And at least it's not as bad as the 599 which I used for the Grand Valley 300 endurance. I was very disappointed with its handling. Somehow it wasn't fun to drive. at. all.
 
I also defend the Supra and Viper GTS-R. Not fast? How many road cars can keep up with them? How many race cars for that matter? It's really only LMP, F1, and Group C that out pace them. In their own respective classes (Super GT and ALMS GT) they are both very fast.

The Viper Oreca gets trounced by the ubiquitous ZR1 RM and the Viper ACR which are both available for wooden chips (relatively speaking) from the Premium dealership. There are probably more similar examples to support the point that the Viper Oreca is not nearly worth 2 million. :crazy:
 
This is good. It means PD actually modeled the wing correctly compared to past games where the Escudo could magically do 270 mph despite have barn doors on the front and back.

No matter how big that wing is.. it has over 1000bhp which would result in more then 300km/h. Of course not with stock settings. But with longer gears and downforce reduced to minimum it should be able to be faster then 310km/h.
I am not talking about 400+km/h but ~340km/h which would make it more useable. It still wont beat lmps
 
Hey Furai is a GREAT car. it beats even lmp cars on curvy tracks. it doesnt have the horsepower to beat them on high speed tracks, but its still one of the top cars in this game.
 
Ferrari F2007 12500000 cr and can't be used anywhere

^This and the F10

I really don't get it. It can't have anything to do with it being unfair as the X2010 can be used in every flippin event, with the right tires of course.

Seriously, if it couldn't be used in anything but practice why wasnt it just locked to Arcade mode or something, or at least warn me before I bought it that I can't use it for like anything.
 
Corvette ZR1 LM. I want to hate this car so bad, but can't. I feel dirty for owning it (lifelong Ford fan). Too bad Cheverolet can't put the same effort into everything they make.
 
I regret buying the Art Morrison Corvette.
 
Ferrari F10, Ferrari F2007, Mazda 787B, Ford GT LM Test car spec II...
 
Escudo..
It reaches 300km/h very quick but then there is nothing more you can get out of it..

i loved this car so much :(

If that is the case I am glad I didn't buy it. It was also one of my favorite cars from past games. I was grinding last night but it was no longer in the used car dealership when I had enough credits.

For me, it has been the Enzo. It is fast but it understeers much more then anticipated. Only driven it a few times since buying.
 
Corvette ZR1 LM. I want to hate this car so bad, but can't. I feel dirty for owning it (lifelong Ford fan). Too bad Cheverolet can't put the same effort into everything they make.

Yeah this car was ...
bought it cause a friend told me i was great and ended slower than my furai all the way ...

but hey i collect ALL cars :D
 
Mazda 787B

What about this one don't you like? It's one of the most versatile and easy-to-handle race cars in the game... Apart from the weird colorscheme I really like mine.
 
The Viper Oreca gets trounced by the ubiquitous ZR1 RM and the Viper ACR which are both available for wooden chips (relatively speaking) from the Premium dealership. There are probably more similar examples to support the point that the Viper Oreca is not nearly worth 2 million. :crazy:

The Viper ACR doesn't stand a chance vs the GTS-R unless you're drag racing. The Corvette RM's are a different story depending on HP limits. I'm sure that the Viper can get a Turbo though. The acceleration is the only thing the RM's have on it (when you tune then to 800+ hp).

No matter how big that wing is.. it has over 1000bhp which would result in more then 300km/h. Of course not with stock settings. But with longer gears and downforce reduced to minimum it should be able to be faster then 310km/h.
I am not talking about 400+km/h but ~340km/h which would make it more useable. It still wont beat lmps

Power doesn't mean anything. Aerodynamics are far more important

500 hp to match a Veyron
http://www.toycollector.com/gallery/Cars-Auto-Union-GP-Cars/Auto_Union_Streamliner.jpg

1000 hp can easily be defeated by drag.

D = rho*CDA*V^2

P = D*V

P = rho*CDA*V^3

rho = 1.225
V = 186 mph (83 m/s)
CDA = .6 m^2

P = 420263 W = 563 hp.

So to push a flat plate that is 6 feet by 1 foot at 186 mph requires 563 hp.
 
I buyed the Mazda Furai for 1.5 mil but i didnt know that you could get it as prize car....
Then a R8 LMS for 5 mil also same reason as above....
And thats it so 6.5 mil went in smoke....
 
No matter how big that wing is.. it has over 1000bhp which would result in more then 300km/h. Of course not with stock settings. But with longer gears and downforce reduced to minimum it should be able to be faster then 310km/h.
I am not talking about 400+km/h but ~340km/h which would make it more useable. It still wont beat lmps

The car is still going to be as streamlined as a brick even if you took the wings off though, and super sliipery F1 cars that used to have ~900bhp wouldn't be going much more than 340km/h

EDIT: Beaten by Exorcet with a much better/more technical explanation
 
The Schwimwagen for that seasonal event... *sigh*
Well, with a few well-placed tune-up parts, your 625k vehicle earns 800k (minus the cost of parts). It's a net winner, and kind of fun to drive. :)

Hard to win your money back with the Vertigo, though. Still like it, but it's kind of a dud unless you spend some real time tuning it.
 
The Viper ACR doesn't stand a chance vs the GTS-R unless you're drag racing. The Corvette RM's are a different story depending on HP limits. I'm sure that the Viper can get a Turbo though. The acceleration is the only thing the RM's have on it (when you tune then to 800+ hp).



Power doesn't mean anything. Aerodynamics are far more important

500 hp to match a Veyron
http://www.toycollector.com/gallery/Cars-Auto-Union-GP-Cars/Auto_Union_Streamliner.jpg

1000 hp can easily be defeated by drag.

D = rho*CDA*V^2

P = D*V

P = rho*CDA*V^3

rho = 1.225
V = 186 mph (83 m/s)
CDA = .6 m^2

P = 420263 W = 563 hp.

So to push a flat plate that is 6 feet by 1 foot at 186 mph requires 563 hp.

And if it's made by Lamborghini, it'll arrive on fire.
 
Omg ths is so funny, I had limited funds but really wanted to win Like the Wind so invested in the 'Vertigo'.... biggest pile of scrap I have ever driven! felt sick to the pit of my stomache after saving for what seemed like an age :sick:

And I can't quite remember but one of the older 'legendary' Ferari's I think the F40 even fully moded was so slow.
 
Pagani: Zonda R
2,600,000CR

Eventhough the purchase wasn't a let-down due to the fact that, that car won me quite a few races, I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was a prize car for Bspec.
 
Pagani: Zonda R
2,600,000CR

Eventhough the purchase wasn't a let-down due to the fact that, that car won me quite a few races, I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was a prize car for Bspec.

Some of you guys must really be able to hold out for B-Spec. I originally decided to use B-Spec to get the Zonda R. I even had the X1 so I wouldn't need to deal with teaching my drivers how to drive (mostly). I got tired of it before my driver was level 5 and I just bought the thing.
 
Some of you guys must really be able to hold out for B-Spec. I originally decided to use B-Spec to get the Zonda R. I even had the X1 so I wouldn't need to deal with teaching my drivers how to drive (mostly). I got tired of it before my driver was level 5 and I just bought the thing.

Yeah I bought a few cars that I knew were prizes from B-Spec as it seemed so dull, but regret them now as B-Spec can be a good laugh/challenge if you don't overpower your cars too much and has some of the best prizes.

I think the biggest let down for me was buying the Corvette ZR1 RM, i know a lot of people love it but it just seems horrible to me, and you can only paint the bonnet lol
 
Back