Extension of Daily Races (Poll)

Should the Daily Races be extended?

• Yes, I agree with the OP

Votes: 137 74.5%
  • Yes, but I have a better idea than the OP (comment below)

Votes: 22 12.0%
  • No, the system we have now is fine

Votes: 25 13.6%

• Total voters
Could you please elaborate on the Qualifying Season?

I'd be okay with the way FIA races - qualifying works right now, isn't it ok? :)

Sure I can imagine a better system, F1 like for example but let's be realistic... GT never was such hardcore racing simulator, rather a simple enjoy-the-drive driving simulator :)

I'd be okay with the way FIA races - qualifying works right now, isn't it ok? :)

Sure I can imagine a better system, F1 like for example but let's be realistic... GT never was such hardcore racing simulator, rather a simple enjoy-the-drive driving simulator :)

I'd also like to see some community time trials where users can earn Cr for placing in a certain percentile

In your opinion. There are a lot of slow road cars I enjoy racing, and with the right group of people, can really provide some good racing. Sadly, the tracks that are often used (and are in the game) don't work well and turn into single file bores.

Also, having slow road cars will cater to new players who are playing Sport Mode for the first time. I understand you are saying the cars are as easy to drive as Group 4, but the racing isn't the same, and the cars are actually harder than Group 4 to be fast in I think, as dealing with the understeer can be very tricky.

This!

A lot of good votes and discussion going on guys. Maybe, just maybe, PD will hear us :)

Between the first two options so far we have 116 of 133 votes that want some kind of extension. I haven't seen as much complaining on the forms as of late, but it kinda sucks we don't have a guaranteed Gr3/4 race every day

Bumping an old thread which has become relevant again.

Now that FiA races are only twice a week, I'd love to see the daily races extended to 5 events every day.

If the OP is followed, it would likely enhance the quality of the races, especially on weekends which have been incredibly lackluster lately...

Dailies today 20/5/18.

RACE A: NURB GP, GOLF VII, 3 LAPS.

RACE B: GR.B, BB RACEWAY (YES THAT ONE WITH THIS CLASS) 15 LAPS (GRID START). QUATTRO IS LEADERBOARD GO TO CAR

RACE C: MIYABI, GR.4, 25 LAPS, FUEL 7 TYRES 8. 4C IS LEADERBOARD GO TO CAR.

The guy at PD who does the races was definitely on the lemo this weekend.

I think today takes the cake for worst ever daily races, on a Sunday too, jeez.

Goodbye !

WHY OH WHY DO YOU DO THIS PD

There are some selfish people here on GTP. Complaining about the race C yesterday for a N200 class model with soft tyres. You can say that you dont like it, but understand that there are people who do like it and who had more problems with GT sport being only about sport races and leaving behind the GT tradition. So dont complain against PD but just state that you personally dont like it.

Basically the lovers of (lower) N class sport tyres need to deal with leftovers Race A from the beginning. Just 3-5 laps with one make cars. Cannot even use our own liveries.

Now finally they have a race C some more professional race with more laps and pit and using own liveries and still people will not understand that there are enough people who will actually like this. Then when you read here you see the people who drove race C actually loved it. Too bad I missed it ...
And I think people like this guy could really do with more races. I would hate if I preferred sports car racing and wanted to play Sport Mode. Race A should be revamped to cater for sports car users; it is really only designed the way it is to allow first-time players to get to grips with Sport Mode. Or if we had four or five races, then we could have more frequent one-makes with other cars like the F1 car and X2014, whilst having a good sports car race every day, and a couple of the standard Gr.1-4 races.

It’s the matchmaking that’s the problem. Casual players want a chance of winning. Going into a race where 8 cars are about the same and the top 4 are 5 seconds faster A+ drivers just stupid. Then there were idiots who were trying to lower their rating to get into a slower race just so they could win poles/ races to get the trophies. If people don’t enjoy the game they leave.

As someone who drives in the non-pit stop races I would like a chance to drive Lamborghinis Aston’s and all the other cars. Just racing in an MX5 every time is boring

Now that FiA races are only twice a week, I'd love to see the daily races extended to 5 events every day.

If the OP is followed, it would likely enhance the quality of the races, especially on weekends which have been incredibly lackluster lately...
At first I'm against the idea of this, but now it's becoming more feasible. The amount of players have increased since, and so my main argument about having empty lobbies is not as relevant anymore. I'm changing my mind to agree with extending the daily races now

A lot of people have been complaining about the Daily Race selection this week. I haven't liked any this week either.

I've mentioned this idea on several threads, and rather than continuing to mention it elsewhere, I've decided to give it a single thread.

I want to know what you guys think of the following idea

I want to extend the Daily Races from 3 to 5.

Race A will be reserved for one make races.

Race B will be reserved Nx00 races.

Race C will be reserved for Gr4 races.

Race D will be reserved for Gr3 races.

Race E will be reserved for Gr1 races.

Length of races would rotate every day so that 2 races are your 10 lappers with fuel/tire wear, and the other 3 races are sprints. On Day 1, A and B would be long, on Day 2, B and C would be long, Day 3 C and D would be long etc...

The lobby sizes depend on the track.

--
What are the benefits of this system?

Some people enjoy Gr3 races, some people enjoy one make races. By having all the options available every day, more people are likely to play.

I've noticed several people mentioning on the forum that they haven't done a lot of racing lately due to the poor scheduling. We can bump the daily player number with this method.

I would be curious to see if this method would help reduce that awful number of ~70% of players who never tried sport mode as well...

What are the disadvantages of this system?

It's possible players could be spread too thin during FiA races because there would be 7 active races. It's also possible that the track roster will feel even more repetitive then it does now, but it already does feel pretty repetitive the way they select tracks so...

Also, I think it's okay to be repetitive if the tracks are fun. (Stop with the ovals PD) lol

If you like this idea be sure to like it up and vote in the poll. Who knows, maybe PD will catch wind.

This idea sounds awesome but with experience since I played quake via modem it is also as bad as ideas get.

1: 5 daily races requires (in theory) 40% more players to fill the up.
2: 40% more races splits the user base even more than now.
3: If N200 and weird tracks is your thing then you make sure there is players for those tracks by limiting the choices.
4: If every player could race exactly their favorite car and track everyday their appetite for racing would be fulfilled faster. And in the end they would stop playing earlier.
5: PD knows what they are doing and they are in it for a very long term.

I do like the idea of more daily race options, but has anyone thought about the server loads? What I mean is with sport mode we already see disconnects causing massive DR hits. So would adding more daily races cause more frequent disconnects? Forgive me if this was already brought up earlier, I just didn't have the patience to read through all the threads started from February.

4 races each day

Race a - Sprint race ca. 6 minutes in duration

Race b - Sprint race ca. 8-10 minutes in duration

Race c - Race with fuel and tire wear. About 18-25 minutes like the current race c

Race d - Race for 30-45 minutes so that two stops are feasible. Additionally free choice of tires.

+ One endurance race(min 60 minutes) that changes every 3-4 days. Run on 5 time slots spread out evenly on each day.

No specific classes/tracks for each race but changed up from day to day just like they do now.

Maybe someone has mentioned, but if not, what happened to those Seasonal races in GT6?

Why can't the Daily Races be like that? Does the amount of events, have to do with the servers? Even as it is, the OP would work better. One race for each Group.

It's almost like people can choose what type of "driver" they are. I prefer Gr. 4. I mainly only race Gr. 4 events. The way it is now, I may not race for a day because there are only Gr. 2, Gr. B and Gr. N.

4 races each day

Race a - Sprint race ca. 6 minutes in duration

Race b - Sprint race ca. 8-10 minutes in duration

Race c - Race with fuel and tire wear. About 18-25 minutes like the current race c

Race d - Race for 30-45 minutes so that two stops are feasible. Additionally free choice of tires.

+ One endurance race(min 60 minutes) that changes every 3-4 days. Run on 5 time slots spread out evenly on each day.

No specific classes/tracks for each race but changed up from day to day just like they do now.

I have almost the same thinking but without your endurance race, because your race d would already be one and it could start every full hour. I think that then abilitys like concentration, consistency and fairness would pay out in a long race.

Further, they should spread SR range. You can see in most Kudos curves how easy it is to get SR 99. It should get raised to maybe 150 or more. Of course this would go on the costs of even matchmaking, there would be in a room drivers from every DR level maybe more often. But meanwhile I realy don't care with whom I'm racing as long as I know that he must be fair because he went a long way to SR 150

At first I'm against the idea of this, but now it's becoming more feasible. The amount of players have increased since, and so my main argument about having empty lobbies is not as relevant anymore. I'm changing my mind to agree with extending the daily races now

Hell yeah!

Qyn
I do like the idea of more daily race options, but has anyone thought about the server loads? What I mean is with sport mode we already see disconnects causing massive DR hits. So would adding more daily races cause more frequent disconnects? Forgive me if this was already brought up earlier, I just didn't have the patience to read through all the threads started from February.

Do you disconnect often? It's only happened a handful of times to me.

Hell yeah!

Do you disconnect often? It's only happened a handful of times to me.
It's only happened to me a handful of times as well. But have you noticed when you initially look at the pre-race line up and there are 12-15'ish players, and at race start there are only 8-10? I believe I read in another thread somewhere that those are potential points we're losing.

I for one like the idea of more daily races, but can the servers keep up?

Qyn
It's only happened to me a handful of times as well. But have you noticed when you initially look at the pre-race line up and there are 12-15'ish players, and at race start there are only 8-10? I believe I read in another thread somewhere that those are potential points we're losing.

That's the question I asked. Can't remember how many Seasonals we had at any one time, in GT6. Also, if less people are playing, comparative to GT6 ONLINE, xshiuld it be less strain on the servers?

Qyn

I think those are rage quitters though

Qyn
Rage quitters before the race even starts bro?
Yup. People would quit when they see the matchmaking and they're mid-lowfield. Thing is there's no DR loss when you quit during the loading screen since the game thinks you disconnected, so it's not uncommon to see people do that alongside people who legitimately disconnect

I largely agree with most of the suggestions here. However, as someone with limited time some nights I do quite like the 3-5 lap races as I can get through a few. Another factor is that in the longer races if it all goes a bit wrong your SR and DR can take far bigger hits. For these reasons I'd like to see the shorter options remain but absolutely support the addition of another 10+ lap race. I think 5 races overall would be ideal, too many and you just know some will be a ghost town.

As for the classes, I think the 5 races should break down as follows;

1 Always a Gr.3 race
2 Gr.4 should alternate with Gr.B (but with a bias for more Gr.4- so every 2 out of 3 or something)
3 Gr.1 and Gr.2 should also alternate daily
4 N category races
5 One make

I do agree that the Nordschliefe should feature more (people have a reluctance to it at times because it's daunting to race if you don't get the opportunity to do it much) and perhaps one of the races should be this track for a whole week (say every 2-3 weeks)

I'd love it if players were able to vote in the warm up before a race as to whether it should be 5, 10 or 15 laps but I guess this would not work as race length is predetermined in the current form.

Race C is the only daily that I like, but I’m not always happy with the car and track combination. So another 20-25 min race would be great, would be even better if they let us do setups for once.

Does the change of Daily Races to Weekly Races change peoples decisions on whether or not we need more daily race slots through out the week?

Wait, this is a thing? Weekly races? Really really stupid idea. Well, in my household theres two other people playing GT Sport every single day, with this change... its going to drop significantly. PD, not a smart. move when you're trying to get people playing every single day for the sake of drawing them into playing Sport Mode.

Back