Extension of Daily Races (Poll)

Should the Daily Races be extended?

• Yes, I agree with the OP

Votes: 137 74.5%
  • Yes, but I have a better idea than the OP (comment below)

Votes: 22 12.0%
  • No, the system we have now is fine

Votes: 25 13.6%

• Total voters
My SR gone down 2 levels today due to other peoples bad behaviour I don't think its reflective of the people in the groups (or the true GT driver as a whole). I couldn't get past anyone blocking or hitting me from behind or sideswiping me when i attempted to overtake (cleanly) I suspect its children off school but if the quality isn't out there it will make no difference... I've given up for today its too frustrating :banghead:

I Haven't voted the options are too limited its like a pointed question

This. With the current player base, I'm still seeing races with people from DR A to D in the same race which suggests not enough people in the pool. It's a bit of a catch 22 - there may be more players if there's more race variety, but they won't add more races until there are more players to fill them. Then again, it may just be that hardly anyone plays the one-make races when the crap cars are on, which is why i'm seeing such a spread of abilities in one race. Also, there's a definite downward trend in player numbers which doesn't bode particularly well for expansion of the mode to more races.

:cheers:

I much prefer racing in lobbies where I can learn and practice much more than in sport mode.

It would be interesting to have statistics on lobbies as well.

Sport mode right now is mostly about getting two letters to S S, for me at least, whatever that might mean and I can see why people stop playing without a change in variety.

This game is also very polarising between road and race cars with the latter being the main focus by far.
At this point let’s have two separate sport versions for both.
I don’t see why the 24h can be done only with Grs.

1. Never said I was in charge of PD

2. I'm allowed to voice my opinion on the forum (and clearly most people are inclined to agree with me... The poll currently says that 75.5% of people who have voted agree with me outright. Furthermore an additional 13.8% think the daily races think they should be extended, but in a different manner than I have presented. So we're sitting at about ~90% of people that have voted currently agree they should be extended.

3. If there was a large enough movement, it is possible PD could catch wind. Remember when the Daily Races were a week long and everyone hated it? That changed pretty quick

4. What does "decrying politicians on Facebook" have anything at all do with what we are talking about?

5. You do not know me. I can assure you I have learned how to "deal" with life. But I have also learned with discussion, it is possible to bring change

6. You are not a mod, don't tell me what to post/not post

Its an analogy ...but will have the same outcome...none at all. Not saying you can't have a point of view just temper it with reality. Please don't be so literal either. Don't take it personal when someone doesn't hold your belief system up on high...if you can't respect others having a valid point then you have no right to express yours :cheers:

Its an analogy ...but will have the same outcome...none at all. Not saying you can't have a point of view just temper it with reality. Please don't be so literal either. Don't take it personal when someone doesn't hold your belief system up on high...if you can't respect others having a valid point then you have no right to express yours :cheers:

I absolutely respect valid points however, I found your points had no merit whatsoever, so I defended my choices.

Last edited:
Also, there's a definite downward trend in player numbers which doesn't bode particularly well for expansion of the mode to more races.

A downward trend is there, but this is natural, even games like PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS have that. The question is rather at which level you start and how steep the downward trend is.
And I my argument/theory is that a larger number of daily races would be a contributing factor towards slowing the downward trend.

I also think that people who say that the matchmaking is in trouble already are looking at the wrong races. Yes for the A race you will be matched with drivers from other DR classes pretty soon.
But have a look at the Gr. 4 races, the level there at least in the EU region is very, very high in my opinion with an enormous number of similarly skilled drivers. Yesterday did a few races in Suzuka and as I had dropped to B/S (did the 15 accident free races achievement on Saturday) I was being matched to the 2nd tier race (I think). And the level there was still insane, everyone was from B/S class and the qualifying times were within 1 second for all 16 drivers (!). And that was pretty late at night.

So consider that also please - the current system means on a couple of days per week there is no Gr. 4 race. And what are all those people, that are playing the Gr. 4 race regularly, doing on these days?

This is my Idea:
-A races stays as it is.
-B race should be a 10 lap race like the current C race but without stupid oversized tyre wear und fuel consumption, just sprint fot 10 laps
-C race should be a 40 min race with normal tyre and fuel consumption, and should start once in an hour

The Sainsbury's next to work has just started adding in an argos, it takes up more room. So I have more options of stuff to buy but now I can't get what I really want, which is just a double pack of custard creams....

I guess what I'm rambling about is I'm happy with the three race option. I just want good racing.

I'd extend race B like @Krypton78 mentioned above. But maybe just by a few minutes. Most of the fun from sport mode for me is that you end up repeating races with the same people, i had a bunch of great races with a German chap, he crashed during one, if the race was 20min not 10min I doubt he would have returned for a rematch. Longer races have more quitters.

Just to be clear (I voted option 2), I think they could even rework the 3 race model to accommodate everybody's needs through the week. 4 races is a push. 5 is to much for definite.

I don't see how this would work. In my opinion the main factor is the car class, and at this time we simply have more car classes that are used for the Sport mode than races and this is not a good idea and I don't see other options than either dropping a class or extending the races. Alternating the car classes is a stupid idea in my opinion.
Yesterday we had Gr. 4 on Suzuka, today on Maggiore (which I don't like a lot, plus I am not good enough for the C race yet) which means tomorrow we probably have Gr. 1 yet again plus Gr. 3 and no Gr. 4, and god knows what the day after will be, probably some stupid VGT one make as race B yet again and Gr. 3 as race C, so when will I have the opportunity to learn Gr. 4 - two days a week - not enough for me, then I rather quit all this.

I'd be dubious about adding 60 minute races

I can understand you point about people not having the time to commit to a long race or some dropping out due to boredom. Although, Dailys races are already aleinating some by being to short and having no tuning. You've got a wide range of people playing the game so there will be a wide range of tastes. Yes, some people are not taking part because of dirty drivers thats a problem with the SR ranking system it's been wrong since the closed beta and isn't improving that much.

Last edited:
What I said is known as an anology.... It won't add more players or more importantly the skill levels. (your idea) possibly just thin out the players. Judging by the the state of play yesterday simply adding more races won't improve the flaws in the game. Don't get all personal or literal over a post. All very well saying listen to my point of view when youre not interested/ respecting the fact that other people have one too mate...consider that before going a bit "mad" on the keyboard.

I guess what is infuriating is that many people seem to always find some excuses for the flaws in the game as if PD were some super wise gods that know everything. But were they so wise when we had a Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 everyday until a few weeks ago, or is it super wise now, that it is always rotating. It can't be both at the same time.
And if we can see for a fact that there are plenty plenty plenty people in the Gr. 4 race can it then be wise to remove the Gr. 4 race half of the week?

I'm ok with how it is ...imperfect like life I don't see what all the fuss is about? Noone gets what they want all the time its that simple....games are no different take the rough with the smooth ...same goes for people too ...learn how to cope with it :lol:

I'm ok with how it is ...imperfect like life I don't see what all the fuss is about? Noone gets what they want all the time its that simple....games are no different take the rough with the smooth ...same goes for people too ...learn how to cope with it :lol:

Well I guess in our opinion with more daily races more people will get what they want each single day :)

Maybe we also don't understand the big difference that a slightly smaller player base would make. Would you rather drive on a track/car combo that you do not like with everyone in the same DR/SR class as you are or would you rather drive on a track/car combo that you do like, but where there are a few divers from other DR/SR classes too? Personally I don't really care seeing as some of the consistently dirtiest drivers are in the S/S class, so what would be the big difference if I have a couple of B/A or even D/C drivers in the same race.

Last edited:
- N class races are needed because the game advocates BoP and N-class cars. Why not use them ?
- Start rewarding races in sport mode more. More money and XP. Especially XP is just ridicilous.
- Make more difference/distinctions in the lengths of the races: 3/4 rounds, 7/8 rounds, 12/16 rounds.

Its just that simple I think.

Like, honestly who buys this game to race suzuka swift
There are more people than you think. The Swift is utterly brilliant if you have a group with good racers. Sheer enjoyment especially on the Nordschleife. We were always driving the Honda Civic Motul in GT5 and we had the best close ratio racing. The Swift is a good follower of that brilliant car. Slower cars make racing more rewarding to some people because its not about speed, but about talent.

Last edited:

Once again, take a look at the poll. Your opinion is clearly in the minority. Not sure why you keep saying the same thing over and over...

I'm very glad to see others agree so far. On another note, with regards to longer races. I worry many will stray away because it's too time consuming or just rage quit during the race.

Once again, take a look at the poll. Your opinion is clearly in the minority. Not sure why you keep saying the same thing over and over...

I'm very glad to see others agree so far. On another note, with regards to longer races. I worry many will stray away because it's too time consuming or just rage quit during the race.

I'm not saying I have a better idea than current or your suggestion ....there are no options for anything else are there? I'm not saying the same thing again and again I made that patently clear at the beginning of posts with a reference to pointed questions. You cannot just have yes/no answers its skewed and I'm not so arrogant as to presume I know better than a game designer/programmer (that is not a dig) so I have said nothing on this point as I know nothing (in the grand scheme of things) of the complications involved ...its not simple obviously. Its not an opinion its merely a voice in the wilderness ...something you cannot seem to appreciate as it does not conform to your view. You don't have to like it but at least respect it. Its a public forum not a soapbox. Its not a poll its just reinforecing the op

I'm totally on board by adding more variants and more of everything!

But things we definitely don't need anymore are:
- more one-make races (N500+ at least)
- 3 lap races (5 laps minimum IMO)
- locked settings (I'm still missing to tune my cars)
- VGT car races (Noone really wants them)
- oval races (if we get Nascar again, then maybe yes)
- FIA races that start 10mins apart (why tho)

I'm not saying I have a better idea than current or your suggestion ....there are no options for anything else are there? I'm not saying the same thing again and again I made that patently clear at the beginning of posts with a reference to pointed questions. You cannot just have yes/no answers its skewed and I'm not so arrogant as to presume I know better than a game designer/programmer (that is not a dig) so I have said nothing on this point as I know nothing (in the grand scheme of things) of the complications involved ...its not simple obviously. Its not an opinion its merely a voice in the wilderness ...something you cannot seem to appreciate as it does not conform to your view. You don't have to like it but at least respect it. Its a public forum not a soapbox. Its not a poll its just reinforecing the op

I don't even know what you are arguing anymore to be honest. This isn't me being rude. I honestly do not understand what you're rambling about.

I'm totally on board by adding more variants and more of everything!

But things we definitely don't need anymore are:
- more one-make races (N500+ at least)
- 3 lap races (5 laps minimum IMO)
- locked settings (I'm still missing to tune my cars)
- VGT car races (Noone really wants them)
- oval races (if we get Nascar again, then maybe yes)
- FIA races that start 10mins apart (why tho)

The FIA races start close to the same time so you can enter the next one right after finishing the first one.

There is a niche for the VGT races (I don't personally), but with my method just about everyone's tastes can be catered for.

I voted for don`t fix what isn`t broken, the choice of races is not always great but sometimes that pushes you into taking on a track that you wouldn`t normally choose to race on but find that by the end of the race you enjoy it

Brands Hatch GP this week is a case in point, never really fancied it but after 20 laps or so I loved what it had to offer, I wouldn`t have touched it if there was greater choice

I've commented before on this also, I like the idea of 5 daily races but honestly I would be more than happy if they just gave us 1extra.
So they could give us 2 C race events.
GR 3 and GR4 one day
GR 1 and GR 3 another day
GR1 and GR4 another day
And back to the start, so this way there is always and alternative for the longer race.
Or,
they could use it to experiment with different options like,

Just ABS races or races with counter steer assistance off,
20-25 lap races, even something like a 45 -55min endurance with at least 2 pitstops (this would open up race strats at bit more.)
10 lap single make or production car races.

A mini championship of 3 different back to back races points given in each race and big prize money at the end of the championship. (Even each race could be a different car class)

Etc etc etc....like many other members good ideas

Then see what interest this generates and use this info to give a better selection for daily races each day and also see how it affects the player base, It could help make it grow!!
Also,
I'm sure there is people that would like more variety in the shorter races but there just not for me, I find the race is over just as it gets going.

I've commented before on this also, I like the idea of 5 daily races but honestly I would be more than happy if they just gave us 1extra.
So they could give us 2 C race events.
GR 3 and GR4 one day
GR 1 and GR 3 another day
GR1 and GR4 another day
And back to the start, so this way there is always and alternative for the longer race.
Or,
they could use it to experiment with different options like,

Just ABS races or races with counter steer assistance off,
20-25 lap races, even something like a 45 -55min endurance with at least 2 pitstops (this would open up race strats at bit more.)
10 lap single make or production car races.

A mini championship of 3 different back to back races points given in each race and big prize money at the end of the championship. (Even each race could be a different car class)

Etc etc etc....like many other members good ideas

Then see what interest this generates and use this info to give a better selection for daily races each day and also see how it affects the player base, It could help make it grow!!
Also,
I'm sure there is people that would like more variety in the shorter races but there just not for me, I find the race is over just as it gets going.

We cannot have ABS only races without the ability to tune. I cannot touch the gas without TC on 2 in a Dodge Viper Gr3/4

I'd rather see D and E races for a more complex races, like including a qualifying season and the race that consists of only real aids and more than 10 laps, including real tire wear and fuel depletion.

I'd rather see D and E races for a more complex races, like including a qualifying season and the race that consists of only real aids and more than 10 laps, including real tire wear and fuel depletion.

Could you please elaborate on the Qualifying Season?

Last edited:
I'd prefer everyone got bored of sports mode and started hosting/participating in online lobbies.

Lobbies where one/two stop pit strategies can be brought into play, voted track/car class rotation

We cannot have ABS only races without the ability to tune. I cannot touch the gas without TC on 2 in a Dodge Viper Gr3/4
We could have races like this as there are many people who can drive without it.
Anyways it was just a suggestion as that's what this thread is about isn't it? To say we cannot do this just because you haven't taken the time to learn is your call I guess, but I'm sure if you took the time you would be able to drive without it and still maintain your pace.

It was a suggestion so equal skilled drivers can race together and still earn DR and SR.
When looking through my race replays if I'm punted 9 out of 10 times it's by someone using driving aids of one sort or another.

We could have races like this as there are many people who can drive without it.
Anyways it was just a suggestion as that's what this thread is about isn't it? To say we cannot do this just because you haven't taken the time to learn is your call I guess, but I'm sure if you took the time you would be able to drive without it and still maintain your pace.

It was a suggestion so equal skilled drivers can race together and still earn DR and SR.
When looking through my race replays if I'm punted 9 out of 10 times it's by someone using driving aids of one sort or another.
I should not have written it that way. I am not trying to be the end all, be all person here. I was just trying to simply add to your suggestion that I think ABS races would be fun, but I would prefer we be allowed to tune the cars as well :) A lot of them FR Gr3/Gr4 cars just have too much torque without TC in my opinion. The slightest touch of my pedals, and it spins out. I believe I have seen others have this issue as well.

Back