Extreme Damage

If you drive into a wall or car over a specific force level, total the car, don't have it partly or visually damaged. Maybe force-reset it off to the side so it doesn't interfere with online races.
I love that idea would be a great bonus to the game

0201.png

This is from Project Cars... but if they can get a cross between this and BeamNG we can have a game that's still focused on racing, but has the damage model we crave.

What I find odd in that pic is that the headlights are still fine, and the tyres clipping through the ground instead of ripping apart or distorting the rim.

Most, if not all, manufacturers have required as part of the licensing agreements that their cars be able to finish a race. Ferrari does not want to have the engine separated from the monocoque of it's Enzo, Ford does not want the engine intruding into the passenger compartment of the Focus, and Nissan does not want to see a GT-R wrapped around a pole.

Yes, the damage could be a lot better visually, but if you want real cars, you have to live with their licensing agreement, and the restrictions to damage.

Most, if not all, manufacturers have required as part of the licensing agreements that their cars be able to finish a race. Ferrari does not want to have the engine separated from the monocoque of it's Enzo, Ford does not want the engine intruding into the passenger compartment of the Focus, and Nissan does not want to see a GT-R wrapped around a pole.

Yes, the damage could be a lot better visually, but if you want real cars, you have to live with their licensing agreement, and the restrictions to damage.

FULL damage modelling is there in Shift 2 and they are real cars. They're real cars in Project Cars. There's no reason it can't be a valid desired feature.

If you drive into a wall or car over a specific force level, total the car, don't have it partly or visually damaged. Maybe force-reset it off to the side so it doesn't interfere with online races.
If they kept gt5 damage and made the damage happen quicker then it wouldn't be that bad. Took me 45 minutes to get the door off my focus wrc lol.

How about PD including the option to enable mechanical damage in all game modes in the next GT6 patch?
It makes no sense to restrict mechanical damage to online only.

This would bring nothing for the gameplay, it would only make PD developers go even slower to add cars to the game (car damaging has to be modeled too), so no, extreme visual damage is not needed.

..................Please improve AI first before introducing some thing like this offline. Online, fine, you can have it, but offline, can't even imagine the kind of rage-quits occurring after countless AI suicide dive that punts you off the track.....

Edit: Please check this vid out if you wanna know....what is true "Extreme damage".....

Edit #2: And for something more...lighthearted, but still related to "extreme" damage....

Last edited:
Back