F1 2010 Patch Thread (All Formats)

• Thread starter icelt
  • 237 comments
I really need to start driving with the fuel and/or tyre simulations on.

Started the first race of my second season in the Toro Ross. Pole could've been easily achieved but I didn't want to faceroll every session like I did in the Lotus. After all, the Toro Rosso is much, much quicker. It does seem a lot more nervous, though.

Anyway, drove both Q1 and Q2 to P1 but then I skipped Q3 making me start in 10th. I kept in 7th behind Vettel through the race while Alonso and Rosberg walked away from the entire field. After my first pitstop Senna and Chandhok had held up the entire field, giving me P3 for free. I thought this way too easy; I had a hard time keeping myself slower than 1'57 laps with a fastest lap of 1'54. so I decided to pit a 2nd time to spice things up. I rejoin in 8th right behind Petrov. Then I had enough of Petrov's braking tests in sector 2 and I spun him out; drive-through penalty. Came back in 10th right behind Webber and finished there.

In the end Alonso and Rosberg finished over 40 seconds in front of Hamilton in P3 :eek:

*EDIT*

Looks like I've posted in the patch thread, and not in the general F1 2010 thread :odd:

Last edited:
Ahh dear, it seems like CM have released an unfinished patch to correct an unfinished game. Anyone know why the force feedback has been dumbed down? After all, I don't remember anyone complaining that it was too heavy.

It wasn't too heavy but my G25 was making really loud noises going trough the curbs. I mean i had to stop playing at late hours becouse my mother coudn't fall a sleep.:ouch:
After the patch the wheel is much quiter so in a way it's better now, atleast I can play as late as i want.

It wasn't too heavy but my G25 was making really loud noises going trough the curbs. I mean i had to stop playing at late hours becouse my mother coudn't fall a sleep.:ouch:
After the patch the wheel is much quiter so in a way it's better now, atleast I can play as late as i want.

It's definitely lighter than before. Infact, it could just be me but I could swear it feels just like it did when I first loaded up the game, as if it's been reset to the default settings, even though when I go into the FFB menu everything is still turned up to full. I'll experiment tonight at turning the settings back to the default and then turning them up again. It's a long shot but who knows?

The AI try too hard to let me past on my flying lap now, Its worse than it was before, they go really slow when I'm not that close, crawl around the corner on the inside, costing me more time than if I had to pass them. Still, sometimes its OK.

Believe it or not, English IS my first language!

Right, the question is: Is there a patch available NOW for PS3 users of this terrible game and if so, could someone please cut and paste a link showing exactly where it is?

Thank you so much.

How?

I don't link my PS3 to the internet and would need to download patch onto a stick first.

Have you been able to do that with any other games? I understand you can do firmware updates like that, but don't know if patches can be done as such. I'd send an e-mail to Codies.

Presuming you have a computer connected to the net in the same house as the PS3, can you not just go and plug the PS3 in to the relevant network cable? Or find someone who will let you?

Ok guys i've had a race at Valencia.

I was running second behind Hamilton with one and a half laps to go and I ran out of fuel.

This happened to anyone else before?

Prior to the patch I never had this problem.

Ok guys i've had a race at Valencia.

I was running second behind Hamilton with one and a half laps to go and I ran out of fuel.

This happened to anyone else before?

Prior to the patch I never had this problem.

Did you stop?
I was on the last lap and I had an almost complete lack of power before and I was going really slowly after having the engine on fast for the whole race.:grumpy:

I got the 120gi PS3.And i don't have all the bugs everybody talking about never had a problem..except the ai damage part and tyre puncture..think it has somthing to do with the type of system you got....

Nah. You probably never encountered the pit lane bug as you change your race strategy (or are lucky) and the Fuel Simulation bug isn't something you'd really notice unless you actually look for it.

Those kind of bugs will apply to all the hardware types available. Anyway, patch is out now, so rather irrelevant and we know there's a strong chance of a 2nd patch from wording on Twitter feeds we've seen before.

No patch for the PC yet.

MS has done or is doing an Xbox 360 dashboard update today plus they have 2 F1 patches to test. Was hoping I'd be greeted with a patch today though.

Has the Fanatec Turbo S force feedback been fixed on the PS3?

I've read conflicting reports from Logitech users that the FFB has been weakened and strengthened. :boggled:

Your engine was set too high for too long.

Ahh thanks mate I did have the engine map on fast for the whole race. I normally always do and havn't run out of fuel before. I'll keep that in mind though. 👍

Did you stop?
I was on the last lap and I had an almost complete lack of power before and I was going really slowly after having the engine on fast for the whole race.:grumpy:

Not stop completly, like you had a complete lack of power.

Thanks guys. 👍

I don't think they said that there will be a difference.

They said it would be easier to get damage, i.e bits of wing would break off with less forceful contact. It was in the pre-release notes.

The game does seem a lot smoother graphics wise though, especially on the wing mirrors and reflections, no more 5 FPS.

Hi
I've had a race yesterday at Suzuka in career mode after the patch.At around half way trough the race there was a yellow flag period.When I got to the insident there was debris from atlest 2 cars and there was one car parked in the grabble.I think there was 3 dnf after the race.

Dude, where's the 🤬 PC patch for the States already? :grumpy:

The PS3 one just showed up. Downloading it now. I think CM said they were checking on the status of it for 360 and PC today. Granted, haven't heard anything yet.

Back