F1 2010 Patch Thread (All Formats)

• Thread starter icelt
  • 237 comments
I whould like the FFB back to original please.Everything els is ok...so far.might delete it and pray it wont ask me to DL again

Last edited:
Well, the frame rate on the PS3 version of the games MIRRORS have greatly improved. I can actually use them now =)

Stop double and triple posting! :mad:

Joking aside, this is ridiculous - what the hell is taking Microsoft so long to validate the damn patch? I want to finish career mode the way I originally started it before turning damage and tire simulation off.

I think you may be right. The FF does seem a little different. It could be they adjusted the setting and now you may have to play with your settings again. It took me a week or so to find wheel settings that suited me. I think now I may have to play with the sliders again. Feels weaker now, but my old settings were at 50% effects.

Some people were cmplaining about shift lag before the patch. I noticed that too, but it seemed like one could get used to it. It wasn't that bad. I would miss a down shift here and there because of it, but no big deal. I thought I just sucked. LOL However, it seems to me they changed the response time on the shifts because I hardly over rev the engine now unless I really shift late and down shifts now are easier to time.

Driving with Logitech G27, FFB definitely weaker now. Loss of grip is harder to detect, the sense of weight is decreased and the kick during gear shift is also more muted. BTW all FFB settings maxed at 100%

Driving with Logitech G27, FFB definitely weaker now. Loss of grip is harder to detect, the sense of weight is decreased and the kick during gear shift is also more muted. BTW all FFB settings maxed at 100%

I wonder why they made it weaker?? I'm using a Logitech G25 and had it maxed out except for environment effects were set to 50%. Maybe I can get it to feel the same as before by turning that up to 100%, but if you had it at 100% before and it's weaker there's no place to go =(

On my DFGT, the FFB is slightly weaker now, but not terribly. Just enough where I can notice it, but quickly becomes an afterthought. I can still tell when I'm experiencing traction loss, so it's still good enough for me.

I downloaded the patch. Tried it. Deleted and reinstalled the game, and will keep the ethernet cable unplugged from now on. They had no business messing with FF, and to make it weaker? Crazy.
But everyone needs to use the game in their personal way. Career mode fixes mean nothing to me. Being able to turn off the ghost would have meant everything. As it is I can live with stringing laps together in GP Practice sessions for fun, but weaken the FF and even practice becomes less interesting. No patch for me thank you :)

G25, btw

Anyone had a puncture yet.
I've been in the gravel a few times since the patch. Not on purpose.
I've yet to have a puncture.

I downloaded the patch. Tried it. Deleted and reinstalled the game, and will keep the ethernet cable unplugged from now on. They had no business messing with FF, and to make it weaker? Crazy.
But everyone needs to use the game in their personal way. Career mode fixes mean nothing to me. Being able to turn off the ghost would have meant everything. As it is I can live with stringing laps together in GP Practice sessions for fun, but weaken the FF and even practice becomes less interesting. No patch for me thank you :)

G25, btw

Rolling on the floor... You know I was expecting something like this, seriously, FF was one of the best features in this game, and it's gone, isn't it ironic? :lol:

Edit: from somewhere in Codies forum:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2010.

The patch for F1 2010 did aim to improve force feedback for supported devices, to make the feedback more realistic. Unfortunately, if you had got used to the old feeling or prefer stronger forces, then you may not welcome this change.

We have no plans to revert the forces to their old settings at this stage I'm afraid. Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2010.

Last edited:
Rather predictable response. Which wheels were problematic pre-patch? Presume Fanatec's were an issue?

I noticed that the sound and the actions aren't coordinated, shift up or down, and you'll know what i'm talking about... It's really annoying! Does someone has this problem too?

Rather predictable response. Which wheels were problematic pre-patch? Presume Fanatec's were an issue?

Actually, after i got it set up, i was very happy using my fanatec wheel, post patch it feels much worse. slipping and kicking around corners, need to adjust it again.

Its easier to lock the wheels now as well.

I may have to tweak the settings again for the DFGT, it feels a bit different, but not that much worse.

There were some having issues with wheels, weren't there?

This game doesn't need a patch, it needs a complete code re-write.

Let's face it, everyone, we've all basically paid to beta test a game. Maybe F1 2011 will be what F1 2010 should have been; tested.

Yeah man, i bought it, installed it, and suddenly felled like the betatester of a very early build F1 racer...

I deinstalled the game in half an hour...

Even this patch won't bring it back for me...

I may have to tweak the settings again for the DFGT, it feels a bit different, but not that much worse.

There were some having issues with wheels, weren't there?

The DFGT always had a stronger feeling FFB than the G27, so your findings are in line with that.

Rolling on the floor... You know I was expecting something like this, seriously, FF was one of the best features in this game, and it's gone, isn't it ironic? :lol:

I know, right? The curbs used to present a challenge (some of them) and they would fight you off from being too aggressive over them. Patched, it feels more watered down. Simple as that. The basic F1 2010 game is my friend, but Codemasters is now an enemy ..their management is like a dog that wanders out onto the track during a race. Out of place and out of their depth.

I know, right? The curbs used to present a challenge (some of them) and they would fight you off from being too aggressive over them. Patched, it feels more watered down. Simple as that. The basic F1 2010 game is my friend, but Codemasters is now an enemy ..their management is like a dog that wanders out onto the track during a race. Out of place and out of their depth.

I don't really understand a lot of their decision making. They released the game clearly lacking in playtesting despite Steve Hood apparently saying that they didn't have much to do in the final weeks coming up to release apart from just touching up the game here and there. Then they make an impressive list of things that were to be corrected in the patch, then release the patch unannounced, leaving out half of the things they said would be corrected and tamper with other parts of the game which no one complained about, such as watering down the FFB.

Back