F1 2010

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
So if I'm understanding the linked thread correctly, a portion (or most) of the original development team was recently let go/moved on :eek::nervous:? Relative to the quality of the final product, this is not reassuring news to me :scared:. Of course just the fact that CM acquired the incense wasn't that reassuring either.

Do you have any idea how much a new game can change in development over the course of such a long period of time?

I'm lucky enough to have worked with the guy who is doing the PR for F1 2010 on another CM published title, and I have full confidence in his abilities to say what is right, when it's right. I can't wait for F12010 and I'm expecting a good quality game.

Last edited:
Do you have any idea how much a new game can change in development over the course of such a long period of time?

I'm lucky enough to have worked with the guy who is doing the PR for F1 2010 on another CM published title, and I have full confidence in his abilities to say what is right, when it's right. I can't wait for F12010 and I'm expecting a good quality game.

Nope, but I fully believe you when you say it can be significant. However the design goals for a title calling itself "F1 2010" I hope would be fairly concrete: ie simulation at its core as expected by the enthusiasts with various "assists" (whatever they might entail) to make it more easily digested for the casual gamer.

As far as a PR employee goes, well they can be as honest and responsible as they come, but I assume they have zero impact on the code that comprises the actual game. Plus it is their responsibility to maximize excitement not necessarily underscore cautions against the expectations of the enthusiast.

Touched on something there, remember, most games will cater for the expectations of the casual user, not the enthusiast. Things can change a lot, even in genres you may think are obvious, where you may think there isn't much scope for changes, from my own experience of working in the industry, don't expect the obvious to be the reality.

irrelevant. for CM to say the Official FAQ is suddenly 'misleading' and will be replaced is laughable.
how will we believe the 'new' Official FAQ ??

On the other hand its codemasters and they somehow do a good job of making games that could be good, crap.

irrelevant. for CM to say the Official FAQ is suddenly 'misleading' and will be replaced is laughable.
how will we believe the 'new' Official FAQ ??

It is not irrelevant. Look at GT5, info we were given 2 years ago, that we now know won't happen/is different, that could be classed as misleading. It's the exact same here.

sorry, but for CM to post 'Official Info', only to say 'never mind, disregard what we told you before, but believe what we are now going to tell you' is simply laughable.

Being in development this long for a relativity simple game is way too sus for me, I knew that it would never be ready for the start of the '10 season because I said how could they model the cars if they hadnt been annouced yet to the public.... and I was right. Now they need like 6 months to do the cars.

Thats coupled with very little info and screens and the disaster which was the Wii and PSP version (yes I know CM didnt develop these) I really dont have high hopes for the main game. The pace at which Studio Liverpool churned out F1CE was amazing and it really stayed true to the sport. I dont know if can be equalled by a multi platform dev.

Robin.

Problem with that statement is that Studio Liverpool had a good amount of previous experience making F1 games since 1997 so they had everything down to a science by the time F1CE came out. Codemasters has had to make everything from scratch with little experience.

I'm just hoping F1 '10 is good as a newer stand alone F1 game would be nice.

CM Had journalists in recently to see the game, "feedback was v.positive!" according to them [naturally]

Magazine coverage begins mid-March, online news also on its way soon.

Why is there written xbox360 exclusive?

And I don't know why is 2010, where we can see Brawn and F60 from 2009.

Btw there is already thread about F1:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124985

I think it means they have the Exclusive first look of the game on 360. There are just using 2009 cars at present because when they started the 2010 cars were not available to model. There is a early model of what a 2010 car will look like at the bottom of the second picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is multi-format:

Codemasters reveal next generation of official F1 games

..... Extending the Formula One experience to further gaming formats, it was also announced that F1 2010™ is in development at Codemasters Studios and coming mid 2010 for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and Games For Windows®. F1 2010 is being created using Codemasters’ EGO™ Engine technology, which most recently powered the BAFTA award-winning Race Driver: GRID™. .....

Hey MS7, it might be a good time to re-name this thread something like "Official F1 2010 Game Discussion Thread - PS3/X360/PC". Just a thought.

Thanks, they really should change that "360 Exclusive" logo so it shows that the article is just exclusive to the magazine.💡

Thanks, they really should change that "360 Exclusive" logo so it shows that the article is just exclusive to the magazine.💡

Save that MS, via these "official 360" sanctioned publications, has zero issue with readers concluding that a particular game is a 360 exclusive when in fact it is multi-platform. Heck they probably intend for it to read that way. And JIC... yes I'd assume Sony, Nintendo, etc think the same way with their in house rags.

Save that MS, via these "official 360" sanctioned publications, has zero issue with readers concluding that a particular game is a 360 exclusive when in fact it is multi-platform. Heck they probably intend for it to read that way. And JIC... yes I'd assume Sony, Nintendo, etc think the same way with their in house rags.

Actually all 3 "official" publications are ran by the same company.

Actually all 3 "official" publications are ran by the same company.

Ahhh... I see (Future PLC). Thanks for the correction. However each editorial department surely is separate and is wise to cater as best they can to the interests of their specific customer; ie in this case Sony, MS & Ninty.

If you zoom in on the page, you can see under XBOX360 it says 'The Official Xbox Magazine' But yeah, it caught me out for a second too before I had a closer look.

Have to say, I'm kinda looking forward to this game, haven't had all that much interest in it before now. Got me hyped enough to put the old F1:CE back in the PS3 for a crack, such a great game! Hopefully this new one from Codies is all that plus more!

People should stop worrying about delays to the game, the core gameplay in F1 games revolve around the detail in team performance. How can Codemasters script the performance of each car properly without some of the races being completed?
I was never expecting a 2010 F1 game to be out before the season has even started or even after the first race. Christmas release is actually a far more realistic time to expect it if you take into account the time spent after finishing development cycle of the game (marketing, mastering, production, distribution, classification, etc, etc).
The longer it takes, the more likely that they are going to make a more realistic game, so they don't screw up and make Ferrari 5th fastest when in fact they win the real F1 2010 season or something :lol:.

My real worry is how good its going to be physics wise, because you know that Codemasters will be oh so tempted to target the casual gamers and cash in on the franchise. This doesn't require a realistic physics engine, just fancy graphics. Their previous track record (ho ho pun :P) doesn't inspire much hope in this regard. I wish Codies were going back to their ToCA days...but I don't expect it.

With utterly realistic physics there won't be any fun left in any racing/driving game.

If you're going to go into semantics, of course. But when we refer to wanting realistic physics, we mean realistic in the sense of giving some kind of feeling we are driving the real thing.
F1:CE in this case is the example that realistic physics are fun.

Back