F1 2011 do you plan to get it?

Definitely! Some of the best races I've ever had came from F1 2010 back in the day :lol: I enjoyed it so much and hopefully this will be as good, if not better!

yes because it seems to be a huge improvement over the first one which was, in my opinion, too laggy, with too many bugs and with an handling that was pure crap. Now seems the hanlding has been fixed so yes because i love f1.

Thanks for posting a highlight video from our league (FSR), we really appreciate any extra exposure :).

Regarding the topic, I'm not going to buy F1'11, instead I'm looking forward to rFactor2.

Oh wow it's great to actually see you guys on here, maybe I should get rfactor 2 instead. I'd love to just race in a series this organized since I can't do it on GT5 or other racing games. But more so with cars that are year to year than the same old same old. I'm glad though that I exposed a bit more people to you guys. The racing you do is very fun to watch.

Oh wow it's great to actually see you guys on here, maybe I should get rfactor 2 instead. I'd love to just race in a series this organized since I can't do it on GT5 or other racing games. But more so with cars that are year to year than the same old same old. I'm glad though that I exposed a bit more people to you guys. The racing you do is very fun to watch.

I pretty much learnt to drive with GT3 and GT4, haven't driven GT5 since I don't have a PS3. The rFactor scene is still alive despite the game being quite old at this stage, but the new mods keep it fresh.

We are expecting a pretty big boost once rFactor2 comes out.

I think I'll get both games and try to run series with both. The only issue I had with FSR from a viewing point is the cars were made up F1 cars. However, I also respect it cause it gives a more originality and individualism I think. Yet I'd love a series where drivers are tested and run hot laps and then are picked for the F1 team. This would make me feel like I deserve to drive a RBR or McLaren. If I'm not that good yet and my hot laps aren't so quick I'll be stuck with Virgin or HRT for a while but still given a opportunity to move up later on.

Thanks for posting a highlight video from our league (FSR), we really appreciate any extra exposure :).

Regarding the topic, I'm not going to buy F1'11, instead I'm looking forward to rFactor2.

Has been said already, but the racing does look immense, shame its only 7 minutes or so of highlights! Will possibly watch the next race live if I can, always good to watch motorsport in any form!

The simulator centre I work at MAY be using a different simulation software soon and hope that rFactor 2 is a possibility (currently using NetKar Pro).

On topic, I have preordered my copy already and anticipate its arrival the day before general release!

Yes I'll be buying the PC version and can't wait for it. F12010 was a great game for their first attempt and I love doing the single player seasons.

I will be getting it I have also pre ordered it and cannot wait to play it but for the time being it's still f1 2010 for me

Yup, I'll be getting it. Won't be pre-ordering though in case they pull that "ships on date, not release date" shenanigans they pulled last year. If so I'll simply see which retailer has it first.

Not until I try the demo, been disappointed with all the versions of F1 since the 1997 version on ps1,,, LOL, but seriously the Liverpool studio F1 was ok considering it was a first gen ps3 game.
Miserable ports of the F1 franchise considering the power of this generation consoles and PCs.

Not until I try the demo, been disappointed with all the versions of F1 since the 1997 version on ps1,,, LOL, but seriously the Liverpool studio F1 was ok considering it was a first gen ps3 game.
Miserable ports of the F1 franchise considering the power of this generation consoles and PCs.

Could you give specifics as to what you find wrong with the cars or the game setup in general. It sounds like you have issues with the hardware the game is burdened with...

LMSCorvetteGT2
Could you give specifics as to what you find wrong with the cars or the game setup in general. It sounds like you have issues with the hardware the game is burdened with...

I don't feel connected to the car nor does the car feel it has weight or presence, ...
The in car field of view is to narrow. The frame rate is choppy and graphics have a somewhat cardboard feel.

And above all it is to arcade-ey ( flags are cleared much to fast, pitting is not part of the experience except for the limiter off) safety car etc, etc etc,

Got it on the ps3 using a g27 on a playseats configuration.

Hopefully they'll make F1 2011 better.

You'll have to rent or borrow it then to evaluate the game. I've read there will not be a demo released.

I don't feel connected to the car nor does the car feel it has weight or presence, ...
The in car field of view is to narrow. The frame rate is choppy and graphics have a somewhat cardboard feel.

And above all it is to arcade-ey ( flags are cleared much to fast, pitting is not part of the experience except for the limiter off) safety car etc, etc etc,

Got it on the ps3 using a g27 on a playseats configuration.

Hopefully they'll make F1 2011 better.

I feel that view is more understandable and like that of an actual formula 1 car in a race. I agree with you on most of the other stuff though, I also have this idea of the graphics but more so...they seem like they were shoved into Autocad and then transfered to the game some how and that was it.

Yet this all is suppose to be improved and for a more race feel DRS and KERS will be there along with the Safety car and other features. A new tire model and damage model

I'm still undecided as to whether I'll get it. I'm looking out for a few things that I think will make the game better, and I'm not sure I'll get it if they're not there. Principal among these is the AI. In F1 2010, the AI was tied to the car's performance, so you'd get drivers who were unnaturally good or uncharacteristically bad simply because they were in a car that was better than others. Chief among these was Vitaly Petrov, and while I am a self-confessed Petrov fan, it was a little frustrating to see a driver who could out-perform his real-life self simply because the AI was tied to car performance first and personality/driving style second. I'm hoping that's been fixed and that the drivers all have a little more personality.

Cheapest I could see this game for the PS3 is £33.85 from Simplygames.com. Seemed like a decent deal.

Yeah it seems like a good deal, I'll just save up for the remainder of this month and go buy it. Where I live in the states I don't run into too many F1 fans so the game places here should have it on the shelf for a while.

Back