F1 2011 do you plan to get it?

Well, I'm uninstalling the game and returning it tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun. But it's regularly crippled by serious drops in frame rate every time I try to run a race. They don't make the game completely unplayable, but they seriously detract from the experience. And even with all the graphical settings set to low and lots of help from T-12 in trying to resolve the issues, nothing seems to be working. Even if I can get the game to limping, I won't be able to experience the high-res textures and tyre modelling. It will only ever be half a game. I'm very disappointed, because learning the circuits and mastering the cars was a lot of fun. But I'm not paying $80 for a glorified time trial.

Thank the stars EB Games has a seven-day returns policy with full refund. The money could probably be better-spent elsewhere.

The ps3 version is shocking, Frame rate issues and it look terrible, xbox version is a lot better looking but still has major frame issues. Very disappointed

Problem is, you can't patch the engine easily...and improving the graphics through a patch is even harder.

Well i hope atleast that those codemasters will try. cuz if you win an award they need to develope more although Lewis Hamilton played it on a ps3 and he liked it and said it is getting close to real. but on ps3 more people are playing it. PC is a good thing but i dont thing alot of people are on a PC for that game. ( World of Warcraft ) and that sort games ( Free to play ) or monthly payement. are owning these sorts of games on PC.
i had also to make a choice and made a choice ps3.

LOL,

I just bought the thing, haven't got the chance to play it,,,

Man if this game sucks half what 2010 did, I'll have no choice but to use the disk as a level for my tv.

Well, I have had F1 2011 for about a month but first opened today. I was unsure if I needed it as most of my time, the little time I have, has been spent with Forza 4. I am glad I didn't return as I am liking the presentation, force feedback, and great graphics. It's a good alternative for open wheel racing.

So far all I have done is time trials to get a feel. Is it possible to save or play a replay of at least a lap?

So, I found out that I won a copy of F1 2011 today. My sister gave me the December 2011 issue of Top Gear Australia magazine, and there was a competition in it where you had to state why you thought Ayrton Senna was the greatest driver in Formula 1 history in twenty-five words or less. I posted something, then forgot about it. I found out today that I was a runner-up in the competition, and that I won a copy of the game for my efforts.

I told them I wasn't interested, though. For one, I don't have a PS3, and I have no plans to get one. And two, even if I did want to buy a console, why would I want to play F1 2011 when I could wait for F1 2012 and get a game with updated features, rules, driver line-ups, cars, and three extra circuits?

I have it but since i got GT5 have only played it once, the graphics are poor in comparison and Codemasters need to get they're finger out.

I have it but since i got GT5 have only played it once, the graphics are poor in comparison and Codemasters need to get they're finger out.

You didn't say but I assume you are playing F1 2011 on a PS3. It looks great on Xbox. I have always liked the graphics and presentation of Codemasters games.

funkymcmonkey

Graphics don't make the game ;)
And I think they're fine.

Graphics don't make the game ;)
And I think they're fine.

They (graphics) don't make the game but they do enhance the experience.

Personally, I find the graphics for the PS3 version to be quite disappointing even next to CM other games notably GRID or Dirt 3. CM should've gone with the brown filter instead of the more pastel-ly colour palette. I wouldn't say it's not playable but I do wish the track and it's surrounding are more defined.

I've been thinking of getting this game but figured I'd ask here if I'd enjoy it. I'm not to familiar with F1 but I do like it. Would I still enjoy the game if I'm not a huge F1 fan?

Yeah. I presume you won't be playing it without the assists so I do believe with assists ON it will feel a little bit arcadey but still a lot of fun even for not huge f1 fans.

So, I found out that I won a copy of F1 2011 today. My sister gave me the December 2011 issue of Top Gear Australia magazine, and there was a competition in it where you had to state why you thought Ayrton Senna was the greatest driver in Formula 1 history in twenty-five words or less. I posted something, then forgot about it. I found out today that I was a runner-up in the competition, and that I won a copy of the game for my efforts.

I told them I wasn't interested, though. For one, I don't have a PS3, and I have no plans to get one. And two, even if I did want to buy a console, why would I want to play F1 2011 when I could wait for F1 2012 and get a game with updated features, rules, driver line-ups, cars, and three extra circuits?

There is this thing called ebay.Easy money.

I know I am late to the party but my friend talked me into picking up 2011. Found it on Amazon for about $15.00. Played some of the co-op campaign with him last night and wow how did I ever miss how amazing this series is!!?? We played 2 of the co-op campaign races last night. I took 1st place both times. My friend ended up in 3rd the first race and 2nd the 2nd race. We had a blast!!

We also checked out the 2012 demo and liked that a lot so we are considering 2012, 2013, or 2014. The water effects in the 2012 demo looked really good. They look okay in 2011. Any suggestions on which game is the best??

Back