F1 2015 Testing

• Thread starter mikeerfol
  • 355 comments
Except for all of the times when he did beat Hamilton in a straight fight - and now he's got experience fighting for a title, which will only help him.

Except for all of the times when he did beat Hamilton in a straight fight - and now he's got experience fighting for a title, which will only help him.
Like when? he only won from Pole and from Unreliability(Australia) and Easy opposition(Massa in a Williams).

Infact Hamilton won more races from a Rosberg Pole position then he did, that alone says enough, not to mention Hamilton won every race he started on Pole(Except Australia for obvious reasons).

Last edited:
Monaco and Brazil.
Im sorry but did you just say Monaco:odd: surely you have eyes at what happened there?

Brazil Rosberg won from Pole but Hamilton again was on another planet in speed.

Rosberg didn't even provide 1 overtake on Hamilton all season when Both cars worked properly, where as Hamilton had done so more times then Rosberg won races.

The only reason why Rosberg was Close in the points leading to the season Final is because the car really couldn't do worse then 2nd if the car was working.

Brazil Rosberg won from Pole but Hamilton again was on another planet in speed
And yet, Rosberg won. So it doesn't really matter how fast Hamilton was - the first person over the line gets the points. If anything, Hamilton's speed in Brazil proves just how quick Rosberg is, because Rosberg won despite it.

And yet, Rosberg won. So it doesn't really matter how fast Hamilton was - the first person over the line gets the points. If anything, Hamilton's speed in Brazil proves just how quick Rosberg is, because Rosberg won despite it.

So ill assume Burger is more Talented then Senna going by your logic.

So ill assume Burger is more Talented then Senna going by your logic.
Oh, so race wins are handed to the most talented driver now? How silly of me for thinking that they were awarded to the first driver to complete 305km.

Well you might want to see who won more.
That wasn't the issue. The issue was the assumption that Hamilton would be able to take a third title without a challenge when Rosberg has clearly demonstrated that he can fight.

That wasn't the issue. The issue was the assumption that Hamilton would be able to take a third title without a challenge when Rosberg has clearly demonstrated that he can fight.

Except usually when there was a "Fight", Hamilton usually won. Rosberg's wins came because something happened to Hamilton (DNF at Austrailia, starting at the back in Hockenheim because of the qualifying crash, Spin at Brazil). Hamilton never usually needed help to win.

I believe Hamilton fully deserved his championship last year, but also believe Rosberg is still very underrated, he showed he belongs with the 'big boys' with his performance last year. This season should be very interesting...Hamilton has the momentum from winning the championship, and Rosberg should have more confidence now he has experience of fighting for a championship.
I think the two of them will be even closer this year, which should be good for all of us...maybe even more fireworks too :D

I believe Hamilton fully deserved his championship last year, but also believe Rosberg is still very underrated, he showed he belongs with the 'big boys' with his performance last year. This season should be very interesting...Hamilton has the momentum from winning the championship, and Rosberg should have more confidence now he has experience of fighting for a championship.
I think the two of them will be even closer this year, which should be good for all of us...maybe even more fireworks too :D

Just hope eventually another team steps up, don't want the same season again.

Just hope eventually another team steps up, don't want the same season again.

I guess none of us really know whats going to happen based off testing...But it looks like Hamilton and Rosberg will be racing each other to the championship again, and hopefully if thats the case Mercedes let their boys race like they did last year.
The chasing pack is where it will be interesting..Red Bull, Williams, Ferrari all have the potential to be very close. Anyone of them will be there to jump on a win if Rosberg and Hamilton trip each other up. Mclaren, Force India or even Lotus could surprise us and join the party too.

Might just be me but I love that grinding noise they have as they come out the corners. Reminds of the EBD from 2011.

The McHonda definitely has some nice noisy stuff going on almost like a TC rasp... and the Red Bull has a great engine and exhaust note blend, definitely hearing some nice power chords there. Anything that makes them faster and noisier, good stuff :)

Good thing his recent memory is coming back to him. He now knows he's back in McLaren, but hopefully he'll forget the bad times.

Alonso after waking up: "My name is Fernando, I'm a kart pilot, and someday I want to be in Formula 1" [Spanish]

It took a week for him to recover the memories of the last 20 years.

"Who are you? What are you dedicated to? What are your goals for the future?", Alonso was asked upon waking. "I am Fernando, I race in karts, and I want to be a Formula 1 driver," [he replied].

Although it's still uncertain what caused [Alonso] to lose control on the exit of Turn 3, the Spaniard regained consciousness, but he was in 1995 - he remembered nothing of the nearly twenty years since. Not his debut with Minardi, his two titles with Renault, not even the last four Champions of Madrid (his football team).

Within a week, the Spaniard was almost fully recovered, and although he will miss the first round of the World Championship, March 15th in Australia, he has already begun training, looking to the second round, March 29th in Malaysia

I hope he didn't forget his skills as they evolved in the last 20 years :eek:
Melbourne won't be the same without him, i was actually looking forward to seeing him cope with the new mclaren..

Interesting observation from Mark Webber while walking down pit lane in Melbourne: the headrests that go into the cockpits after the driver takes his seat are filled with impact-absorbing foam. There are three different densities, each one colour-coded for ease of identification, and the FIA dictate which one the teams have to use depending on the ambient conditions. Webber has suggested that McLaren may have been using the wrong density headrest when Alonso crashed, possibly because of a short-term, localised change in conditions.

Back