F1 2016: First Screenshots

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 666 comments
Great, thanks. I'm currently Manor's second driver, but thrashing Wehrlein; he was my first rival, but I had won the rivalry by the end of qualifying in Shanghai. I'm considering starting over on a higher difficulty setting, especially since I found it incredibly easy in Bahrain.

Something to remember, when you switch teams mid-season you will lose any points you have not used. So use them all on your current team as the only about half the upgrades will follow you to your new team.

I do like getting achievements, but only through playing the game properly, as it were.

I want to start with Manor (or maybe Sauber), move to McLaren and win championships there.

I discovered it while trying to get to Monaco to do the Pro trophy, got demoted before I got there, lol.

Didn't want to upstage JayFer but belows two of my vids of online gameplay on PS4. Whether I'm good or utter rubbish I'm still happy to upload if it's even remotely entertaining. More vids will hopefully follow:

I discovered it while trying to get to Monaco to do the Pro trophy, got demoted before I got there, lol
I got an offer to join Force India, which I took and got the achievement. It was pretty obvious that the only way to lose your drive was to be completely incompetent, since the teams set objectives based on your performances, so I decided to try it your way to see what would happen (Emma was hilarious in her fury). I got fired by Mercedes after Monaco, having crashed in every single session and taking out at least two cars in every race.

I found it absolutely hilarious that Renault still thought that I was a better choice than Jolyon Palmer.

I love Baku! Got to race it again last night (I thought Austria was next - pleasant surprise) and I'm now gutted I must wait another season. My qualifying laps felt absolutely nailed in every corner and my setup allowed me to place the nose onto every apex and blast away from the corners early.

Just finished season 1 on Expert level at ended 3rd in a Manor. Last 3 races on 100%. Still racing with some assists so first disable these and then higher Legend level (now to difficult...for me....). A lot of fun!

I love Baku! Got to race it again last night (I thought Austria was next - pleasant surprise) and I'm now gutted I must wait another season. My qualifying laps felt absolutely nailed in every corner and my setup allowed me to place the nose onto every apex and blast away from the corners early.
I do like it when you nail the set-up. I know how I like the car to handle, and while I struggle to dial it into each individual circuit, being comfortable with the baseline means that I can just wring the lap times out of it. But I stumbled into a brilliant setup for Bahrain; I had to bump the difficulty up because I was thrashing the AI in an undeveloped Manor.

But I stumbled into a brilliant setup for Bahrain; I had to bump the difficulty up because I was thrashing the AI in an undeveloped Manor.

The AI suck badly at Bahrain for some reason. I demolished them in an almost totally stock Renault on Legend. Pole by a huge margin and won the race.

As for Baku, I just don't seem to gel with it. It may have something to do with the Renault being a piece of crap in tight corners (shocking understeer), but I couldn't dial the set up in at all. No matter what I tried, I just couldn't get competitive lap times out of it. But for me, that makes the game more enjoyable. Some tracks don't suit me so well, and/or don't suit the car, so I'm not just dominating every race on the hardest difficulty like previous F1 games.

The last AI update (two updates ago I think) has made them so much fun to race against too, I must say! I've had countless epic battles in the front midfield (didn't develop the Renault much, and stopped development at mid-season), It's been a lot of fun.

I saw one like that in China, where Kvyat got tagged by a car coming out of pit lane and was splayed across the racing line. He got t-boned by Nasr, but both were able to continue. I also saw a four-car pile-up in Sochi that didn't need a safety car; a few races later, I spun in Monaco and triggered a three-lap safety car despite getting started again.

Speaking of Monaco, I hate it. I can't go more than three or four corners without tagging a wall.

Argh, I was having a great race at the Red Bull Ring until Hamilton took me out.

I was struggling to balance pace and tyre degradation on the fastest tyres all throughout practice, so I decided to go for a contra strategy by burning through the ultras on my first stint, then moving onto supers (weirdly slower than the vanilla softs) early on. It worked pretty well; I went from eighteenth to eleventh before I had to start conserving tyres. Hamilton tried the same strategy and went from third to twelfth, and we met in the middle with seven laps to go. Had a good battle for three laps, but then he tried to go around the outside coming out of Turn 7, the nothing right-hander on the approach to the Rindtkurve. Any idiot could see that it wasn't going to work, and predictably we tangled, with both of us finishing up in the wall.

Not a fan of Silverstone, either. I have no confidence going into Abbey, which kills my lap time, and while I can usually make it up elsewhere, I have to take Village and the Loop and the Vale chicane at an absolute crawl or else risk spinning because my car can't handle low-speed direction changes.

I got fired by Mercedes after Monaco, having crashed in every single session and taking out at least two cars in every race.
Didn't even know that was possible :D
How does the whole scene go; agent pissed and a letter saying you need to bugger off?

Didn't even know that was possible :D
How does the whole scene go; agent pissed and a letter saying you need to bugger off?

First she delivers a written warning that the team is considering a change because of your lack of performance, then a few races later the team releases you from your contract. The lowest team on you team performance list will offer you a contract to drive for them.

She's cranky at first, telling you that there's only so much that she can do in negotiations if you aren't getting the results. When you finally get fired, she's deeply apologetic about it, which is odd because like I said, the only way to get fired is to be completely incompetent.

Just ran into a weird glitch at Monza: there was a massive pile-up that eliminated ten cars on the spot, so I restarted and now the front three rows on the grid all drive away as if under the safety car ... so now everyone arrives at the first corner at the same time.

Just scored Manor their first 1-2!! Never thought I would be saying that! Currently in 1st in the standings (up to Austria season 2) with 6 wins so far. Having a blast!

Speaking of Monaco, I hate it. I can't go more than three or four corners without tagging a wall.

Not a fan of Silverstone, either. I have no confidence going into Abbey, which kills my lap time, and while I can usually make it up elsewhere, I have to take Village and the Loop and the Vale chicane at an absolute crawl or else risk spinning because my car can't handle low-speed direction changes.

This is what I mean by some tracks not suiting the driver and/or car. You struggle at Monaco and Silverstone, whereas I seem to thrive at both of those circuits. I don't like Monaco personally, I just dislike the layout for racing, but I always go well there, and while I don't dislike Silverstone's modern layout, I still don't really understand why I always punch well above my weight there either, because it's not like I love it, and I certainly don't do hot laps there in any sim, like I do on my favourite tracks, so I haven't had any significant amount of practice there, relative to other F1 circuits.

The flipside of this is that you'd probably dominate me at Baku, because I seriously suck at that track lol.

The flipside of this is that you'd probably dominate me at Baku, because I seriously suck at that track lol.
Yes, actually. I love Baku, probably because my driving style is more suited to a tarmac rally. I also really like Sochi, Interlagos and Mexico.

Yes, actually. I love Baku, probably because my driving style is more suited to a tarmac rally. I also really like Sochi, Interlagos and Mexico.

I like Mexico, but it's another one of my weaker circuits (nowhere near Baku though lol). But I go well at Sochi and Interlagos. I love the Interlagos circuit, have done ever since F1 World GP on N64 lol. Not sure how Baku relates to Tarmac rallying at all though, it's all 90 degree corners. I love tarmac rallies in rally games, and grew up driving on proper tarmac rally stages (I learned to drive on some of the best Targa Tasmania roads), and that experience certainly hasn't helped me at Baku lol.

My best tracks are Singapore, Interlagos, Sochi, Monaco, and Hungaroring. I rely on more technical tracks.

Not sure how Baku relates to Tarmac rallying at all though, it's all 90 degree corners.
It's in my driving style. I like a really responsive front end, which is good for turning in, but with a bit of body roll so that I can lean on it and carry speed through the corners.

Argh, why does it AI insist on trying to pass into Turn 11 at Albert Park? I'm trying to run a one-stop strategy at 50% race distance. The leaders pit twice, and catch me around lap 20-23. I don't put up too much of a fight when being passed by a faster car, but they always try and get me into Turn 11, and they always put me into the wall. Cue broken suspension and a rage-quit.

It's in my driving style. I like a really responsive front end, which is good for turning in, but with a bit of body roll so that I can lean on it and carry speed through the corners.

I way rather a responsive front end. I thrive in an oversteering car. Still hate Baku lol.

Edit: To be fair, I've only driven the Sauber and the Renault, both underdeveloped, at Baku, and both of those cars have ridiculous understeer, so it might just be the car. I might find I love it and dominate there in a better car. I'll find out when I get to a top team. Currently in my second season at Renault. Only allowed myself the first two tiers of upgrades in season one, applied slowly. I'll allow a slightly faster rate of development this season, because I plan to move to a better team at the end of the season and want to be fighting for wins more regularly this season.

Currently in my second season at Renault. Only allowed myself the first two tiers of upgrades in season one, applied slowly. I'll allow a slightly faster rate of development this season, because I plan to move to a better team at the end of the season and want to be fighting for wins more regularly this season.
I've found that I have had to plan my seasons out. My first was all about getting experience and the occasional points if the opportunity presented itself, and attracting the attention of a bigger, more competitive team. Now that I am in the McLaren, my second season will be about developing the car. My third season will be about a title bid and finishing development, and the fourth about the constructors' title.

Didn't want to upstage JayFer but belows two of my vids of online gameplay on PS4. Whether I'm good or utter rubbish I'm still happy to upload if it's even remotely entertaining. More vids will hopefully follow:

Nice.
And... I'm your first YouTube subscriber :D

I've found that I have had to plan my seasons out. My first was all about getting experience and the occasional points if the opportunity presented itself, and attracting the attention of a bigger, more competitive team. Now that I am in the McLaren, my second season will be about developing the car. My third season will be about a title bid and finishing development, and the fourth about the constructors' title.

I won 5 races in the Renault in my first season, despite severely limiting development in order to keep the car at the back of the midfield, so I was offered contracts with Mclaren and Force India in the middle of the season, and again at the end of the season. I stopped development after Monza, so the other teams overtook us in the second half of the season, and towards the end even points finishes were becoming a struggle.

I was again offered a drive at Mclaren and Force India (and I think Toro Rosso), but chose to stay at Renault and use the points I'd saved up. I had to wait until Bahrain for the upgrades to be applied, but the points I'd saved were enough for all the third tier upgrades. Now in the development standings, Red Bull is a significant chunk ahead of Merc, who themselves are ahead of us, and we're a solid third ahead of Ferrari. My results so far in season two are third in Melbourne from 5th on the grid, fourth in Sakhir from third on the grid, and a win at Shanghai from pole. I'm definitely going for the title this season, and then I plan to move to Ferrari for next season and develop them into champions.

Shanghai was an awesome race. I took pole by 3 tenths, and got through Q2 on softs, while everyone else used super softs. I started off defending from Versteppen for the first few laps, but then his tyres must have started going off because I started pulling a gap before they started making stops. I ran my second set of softs for my second stint, while both Red Bulls and both Mercs ran another stint on super softs. I made one more stop for mediums, and ran those until the end, while the Mercs and Bulls all ran their third stint on the softs and then made a third stop for a short stint on mediums. Vettel had run the softs for a long stint in the middle, and another long stint, on mediums, 'till the end, so he'd jumped the bulls and mercs through strategy. At the end, I won by 18 seconds from Vettel, who was 10 seconds ahead of Ricciardo. Magnussen took tenth place to grab his second point of the season. He literally scored no points in my first season, despite me finishing the drivers championship in 5th lol.

I won 5 races in the Renault in my first season, despite severely limiting development in order to keep the car at the back of the midfield
I only really had one opportunity to win in my first season, and that was at Baku. I qualified sixteenth, but the forecast said light rain was coming, and so I bolted on a set of the hardest tyres available, and ran a long as I could. I managed to do one stop while everyone else did two, and was running second when the safety car was deployed for Palmer. I had Massa ahead of me, but he needed to stop, and Ericsson, who was a lap down in nineteenth. I missed the restart, which neant Rosberg tried to go around the outside of me at Turn 2. I tried to out-drag him down the back straight - the Manor is very slippery in a straight line - but Ericsson moved off the racing line an baulked me. I had to back out of it and fell to tenth, but picked up an extra place when Massa pitted. I was annoyed, but it was still my first points finish.

Back