F1 2016: First Screenshots

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 666 comments
Has anybody else run into the invisible car glitch?

At the end of the race, the game shows an animation of a points-scroring driver getting out of their car. However, all the cars park in the same place, so you see one car with bits of different liveries in it; I just had Sergio Pérez get out of a Force India, Haas and McLaren hybrid.

But if you look carefully in the background, you can see a driver - usually a driver of a car in the hybrid - pulling up ... only he isn't driving anything. It's like Die Another Day or that episode of "Futurama" where Leela and Zapp have to fly an invisible spaceship.

Has anybody else run into the invisible car glitch?

At the end of the race, the game shows an animation of a points-scroring driver getting out of their car. However, all the cars park in the same place, so you see one car with bits of different liveries in it; I just had Sergio Pérez get out of a Force India, Haas and McLaren hybrid.

But if you look carefully in the background, you can see a driver - usually a driver of a car in the hybrid - pulling up ... only he isn't driving anything. It's like Die Another Day or that episode of "Futurama" where Leela and Zapp have to fly an invisible spaceship.

Yeah seen that one a bunch of times now, it's weird as. Speaking of weird bugs, I just had the game freeze on me at Russia, and quit to the PS menu, only to have the PS4 run insanely slow in every application after that until I restarted it. I tried F1 3 times, Fallout once, and then as they were both disc copies, I tried a digital game, and all of them were running like less than a frame a second. Restarted the PS4 and it's back to normal. Anyone else had this issue?

So, Shanghai takes pride of place - if that's the right way to say it - as my least-favourite circuit. I might be hopeless around Monaco and Silverstone, but I want to get better. I'm relatively quick around Shanghai, but I just want it to be over. Everything feels so cynically designed to the point where there's nothing organic about it. Any time I go off the racing line, I keep expecting Jeff to get on the radio and say "zair iz VUN racingck line und only VUN racingck line, und you VILL follow it or else!".

I quite like Shanghai. It has a number of tricky parts that reward precision, especially with the throttle.

Just bought this game earlier this week. I didn't know I could enjoy a F1 game like this anymore! The first one I ever played was Formula 1 97. It is totally awesome and drives like a dream!

Currently at shanghai, great track once you get the hang of it.

I quite like Shanghai. It has a number of tricky parts that reward precision, especially with the throttle.
Maybe it's because I am using a controller rather than a wheel. I just feel like you get massively punished if you stray off the racing line.

Maybe it's because I am using a controller rather than a wheel. I just feel like you get massively punished if you stray off the racing line.
I think most of us are using a controller. I know I am.

Yeah I suck with the controller so I find a lot of tracks have sections that are too tricky to be consistent when I'm using a controller. I use a wheel though, so maybe that's why I enjoy the technical circuits. The wheel allows fine control, so I can place the car accurately (within reason, depends on car and setup).

The things I like about Shanghai are the first corner complex, which requires finesse on the brakes and well timed downshifts and turn in, and good throttle control on exit, then the long corners in sector two that force you to walk the fine line between speed and trying not to overload the tyres, and then the complex that leads to the long back straight, where the throttle application makes a huge difference all the way down the straight.

I like Sepang for the same reasons, as it has a very similar layout and flow to it. Both very technical circuits that still have a great flow and pose a real challenge.

The career mode certainly get more interesting around the halfway stage of season 2 - my TM Wehlein has started to get some top 10 finishes including a couple of 5ths! Feels like we are more of a team now as we are both capable of scoring points.

Ferrari are now the SEVENTH ranked team after recent developments! Force India are 2nd while us at Manor are 4th.

Mercedes still way out in front. Season 3 should be interesting!

Is anybody else getting weird safety car glitches in Austria?

I was fighting Verstappen for the lead and took too much life out of my tyres, so I pitted at the end of lap 27. At the start of lap 29, Verstappen's engine let go on the approach to Turn 2 and the safety car was deployed. When I arrived, I was told to pass the safety car and I noticed that it was parked at a 45-degree angle across the roadway. I passed it, and waa immediately told that I was falling too far behind the safety car.

In the middle of all this, Hamilton had a poor qualifying session and started from ninteenth. When Verstappen retired, he had lapped Hamilton. When I slowed to let the safety car catch me, I was told to stay behind Hamilton who had somehow been credited a lap and was now recognised as the leader. At this point, I was disqualified for parking in a dangerous position, because the only way to let the safety car catch me was to stop on the circuit.

I think it has something to do with the shape of Turn 2. At the start of the race, a safety car had been deployed because Gutiérrez and Magnussen came together on the approach to Turn 4, and everything worked just fine. Annoyed at my disqualification for no good reason, I restarted and deliberately caused chaos on the run to Turn 2. Sure enough, a safety car was deployed, but this time Bottas was waved through and disqualified after incurring multiple penalties for falling too far behind the safety car, and Räikkönen was similarly waved through and disqualified for ignoring yellow flags.

Yeah the safety car can be glitchy sometimes. I had a couple of instances I was leading behind the safety car, then all of the sudden Vettel spawned in front of me. I wasn't allowed to pass him and suddenly I was second....

Just ran a quick 13 lap race of Baku in Vettel's Ferrari and it is a much more fun circuit than I expected. I usually don't like street circuits in F1 cars but this one was so fun to race on and I love getting the flat-out corners perfect, really amazing sense of speed when you do.

For the race itself Verstappen started on pole with the 2 mercedes in 2nd and 3rd, me in 4th and Raikkonen in 5th. The grid order was Verstappen-Hamilton-Vettel for the first 3 laps until the safety car rolled out (Sergio Perez DNF'd) and I was given the chance to change my strategy.

Instead of taking my usual pit stop on lap 8 (onto softs) I pitted while the safety car was out and went on mediums, while Hamilton and Verstappen did the same, going on supersofts and softs respectively. For the rest of the SC period Rosberg was 1st, Raikkonen was second, Hamilton 3rd, me 4th and Verstappen 5th and it was like that until Rosberg & Raikkonen pitted on lap 8 which put the grid order back to HAM-VET-VER.

I was unable to keep up with Hamilton as he was on a much softer tyre but I did manage to hold my position for the last few laps and Verstappen got 3rd.

The career mode certainly get more interesting around the halfway stage of season 2 - my TM Wehlein has started to get some top 10 finishes including a couple of 5ths! Feels like we are more of a team now as we are both capable of scoring points.

Ferrari are now the SEVENTH ranked team after recent developments! Force India are 2nd while us at Manor are 4th.

Mercedes still way out in front. Season 3 should be interesting!

Yeah I wonder, when Codies changed the start ranking of each team, did they change those teams' development cost? It seems to me like they didn't. Ferrari lost start of career performance relative to other teams around them, but they seem to be developing very slowly in my career too. Manor, by contrast, have developed their way into fifth best team by the beginning of the second season in my career, it's mental lol. I'm in the Renault, and have limited my development so far, and sit currently in third, slightly behind Mercedes, with Ferrari quite a way behind us, and Red Bull are way ahead of everyone.

I agree with you about it getting more interesting with your team mate in season two when you're with a low end team to begin with. Magnussen didn't score a single point in my first season (despite me finishing the season fifth lol), and now he's scored points at all but one race in season two, albeit mostly 10th place finishes. I've just finished Sochi, and thanks to a well timed safety car, he managed to finish the race in third, for his first Renault podium! I finished second, as the safety car wasn't so well timed for me, and I lost a place to Ricciardo.

Ferrari lost start of career performance relative to other teams around them, but they seem to be developing very slowly in my career too.
Ferrari are second overall in my career. Red Bull are first, then Ferrari, the Force India. Haas and Mercedes are tied, then it's McLaren. Williams are only ninth overall, and Toro Rosso last.

yeah it seems totally random how everyones career developes - Red Bull in mine are now the 4th WORST team,they are really struggling - whereas ive seen some other guys season 2,and they are the dominant team!

I did Belgium last night,got into Q3 and put in my best ever qualifying lap to get a very unexpected pole! (1:47.8)

But in the race i had to make an extra 3rd stop,which ended me up on 9th.

Bottas looks very strong atm,along with Perez. If it stays like that,i can see them challenging the Mercedes in season 3 - but im wondering will the development change once again?! Ive halted my development now until season 3 - i have all the final tier to upgrade still. I personally think its been to easy to upgrade - i think at the end of season 2 really you shouldve just been able to do 2 tiers at the very maximum. (Id have held back more if i had done career again).

If i stuck on Expert AI for Season 3,i think id be challenging for the title in the Manor! Thats too early imo.

I personally think its been to easy to upgrade - i think at the end of season 2 really you shouldve just been able to do 2 tiers at the very maximum.
Development costs for higher-tier teams are more expensive than they are for lower-tier teams. I'm halfway through my second season with McLaren, and I won't be able to finisg development by the end of the season, even if I hit every development target and get a perfect score in testing programmes.

Development costs for higher-tier teams are more expensive than they are for lower-tier teams. I'm halfway through my second season with McLaren, and I won't be able to finisg development by the end of the season, even if I hit every development target and get a perfect score in testing programmes.

Ah ok...does that mean Mercedes and Ferrari will take a lot longer to fully upgrade?

I read on the codies forum that theres a danger that around season 3 every team will be fully developed so we would go back to the performance index from the very start?!

I really hope that doesnt happen...i want to see teams like sauber and renault develop and start challenging for points,while some of the bigger teams fall over the seasons....

I don't know - I intend to stay with McLaren for a while. But I imagine that it would.

It seems to be the case...Mercedes havnt done much developing but have stayed top as they were so far in front anyway...whereas Ferrari and RB have really dropped down due to lack of devrlopment.

Really not sure what to do for season 3...fully develop the car,keep it on expert and go for the title in the Manor...or go up to Master level and keep battling for points.

Danger in season 4 is that mercedes and ferrari might be fully developed and i wont have a chance.

So, I'm pretty sure that my last race result would have killed Ted Kravitz.

It was the British Grand Prix, and while Vettel was on pole, Hamilton failed to get out of Q1. The start was a disaster - Palmer caused an accident at Abbey that took out four cars, and Hamilton was forced to run wide. Even then, he wound up with a puncture and heavy front wing damage, and had to limp back to the pits.

But then the tide started to turn - just after the first round of stops, the track started to dry out, forcing a second stop. Because of his position on the circuit, Hamilton got a free kick; he was the first onto the soft tyres, effectively cutting out a pit stop, and while everyone tiptoed around to the pits, Hamilton was suddenly back in the game. He worked his way through the field, taking the lead on the very last lap. But just as he came off the Hangar Straight, his engine let go. The final podium was Rosberg, Vettel and Hülkenberg, and there was just one driver from a British team - me - classified in a lowly eleventh.

Rule Germania, Mr. Kravitz!

Ah ok...does that mean Mercedes and Ferrari will take a lot longer to fully upgrade?

I read on the codies forum that theres a danger that around season 3 every team will be fully developed so we would go back to the performance index from the very start?!

I really hope that doesnt happen...i want to see teams like sauber and renault develop and start challenging for points,while some of the bigger teams fall over the seasons....

This will happen, the status quo will be resumed. About the only thing Codies are staying tight lipped about. Expect overhaul next game not this.

PC players reporting 'Master' difficulty as very good. Think it's 0.8-1.0sec gap now, exactly where I am.

Finished my 5th season on Expert and the Mercedes while close second behind my Haas team in Development bet the Drivers are not performing well. Fun season racing with my teammate for the championship.

PS_Messages_20161012_151606.jpg

Finished my 5th season on Expert and the Mercedes while close second behind my Haas team in Development bet the Drivers are not performing well. Fun season racing with my teammate for the championship.

View attachment 595408

So what happened in season 3 & 4? Did Ferrari & RB fade but then come back? And what about Force India & Toro Rosso,as they are quite strong in my season 2?

So what happened in season 3 & 4? Did Ferrari & RB fade but then come back? And what about Force India & Toro Rosso,as they are quite strong in my season 2?

Mercedes has been slipping the last two years, Hamilton crashed a lot this year, Rosberg was far more consistant. Vettel has been top three every year and champion last year, he ran good again this year also. Grosjean, Vettel and I swapped wins all year long, very fun. Ricciardo had a win also, forget where though. Jenson Button was really fast the last two races this year and I imagine will be good next year, if I do another season.

Is there any particular reason why I would be getting massive amounts of wear on one tyre? I just did the Hungaroring and Hockenheim, and in both cases I pitted when wear on the front left was over 60%, but the other three tyres were around 40%. I had damage to the front wing in Germany, but not in Hungary.

Is there any particular reason why I would be getting massive amounts of wear on one tyre? I just did the Hungaroring and Hockenheim, and in both cases I pitted when wear on the front left was over 60%, but the other three tyres were around 40%. I had damage to the front wing in Germany, but not in Hungary.

You're leaning on the front too much, but really that kind of wear on those circuits is normal. You'll usually get more wear on the side of the car that is on the outside of the majority of the corners, so for clockwise circuits like Hockenheim and Hungaroring that will be the left tyres, and you'll get more wear on the front tyres at circuits with lots of long, fast corners, a good example would be Shanghai, and more rear tyre wear at circuits with lots of slow corner exits, where you're accelerating from low speeds out of tight corners a lot, like Singapore.

Hungaroring, being a fast, high downforce circuit, with lots of flowing high speed corners, is very tough on front tyres, especially the front left, because being clockwise, the majority of the corners are right handers. So at Hungaroring you'd expect to see high front left wear. However, Hockenheim isn't quite as bad, so your front left won't be wearing as badly, relative to the rest of the tyres, as it would be at Hungaroring. If you're seeing a large discrepancy, you can try to set the chassis up for more oversteer at the limit, and try to stay away from scrubbing the front tyres too much, especially on the fastest corners where your tyres are most heavily loaded.

Back