F1 2017 Game General Discussion

I'd rather more '60s and '70s cars, than getting a heap of modern cars.

I'm right there with you, though my preference lies with 80's and early 90's machines. However, there's no denying that if anything deserves to be on that list, modern or otherwise, the Brawn is one of them.

Show me another chassis from a team with a 100% success rate. :P

I'm pretty sure the guy said from the past 30 years, so no proper old cars it seems.

Would love the Brawn to be in, but then hopefully more 80's and 90's cars after that if they can squeeze them in.

From the E3 stream:

The same stream also has gameplay onboard the RB6 and shows that shorter track layouts will also feature, 'Bahrain Short' turns right after turn 3 and rejoins by the support pits.

From the E3 stream:

The same stream also has gameplay onboard the RB6 and shows that shorter track layouts will also feature, 'Bahrain Short' turns right after turn 3 and rejoins by the support pits.

We knew those already. Also spotted USA Short and added to OP.

I don't know why, but seeing these new classic cars out in video makes me wish they include team demonstrations as part of media relations? Like sometimes you would just answer questions for media (I know we had this before and it became very repetitive and boring very quickly) but more on point would be demo runs. Goodwood hillclimb anyone?....

Is anyone else postponing getting this as Pcars 2 is out shortly after? When i get into an F1 game im on it for a few months,and i cant play a different type of racing game aswell. I may get this in the new year.

Is anyone else postponing getting this as Pcars 2 is out shortly after? When i get into an F1 game im on it for a few months,and i cant play a different type of racing game aswell. I may get this in the new year.
I am huge petrolhead, i buy mostly all racegames (simrace always). So i play most time various.

Finally. I can drive my favourite F1 car in a game. Finally.

2 more to announce. No idea what they are. They've announced Williams, Mclaren, Renault and Ferrari and Red Bull.

Oh damn. I didn't notice the MP4/6. One more.

Last edited:
I'm gonna wait for someone who played every sim out there to review this. They said they're making it more realistic, if it's not, I won't bother buying it. Hard enough deciding which sim to stick to with.

R3V
I'm gonna wait for someone who played every sim out there to review this. They said they're making it more realistic, if it's not, I won't bother buying it. Hard enough deciding which sim to stick to with.
It's not going to be a full blown sim. Teams will never release enough data about current cars to make the cars completely accurate.

It's not going to be a full blown sim. Teams will never release enough data about current cars to make the cars completely accurate.
I don't mind just having the old ones done with 2017 cars being generic. As long as the tyres, general aero, etc are modeled correctly.

It's not going to be a true sim but that has nothing to do with teams giving data etc, after all there is a current a F1 car coming to Assetto Corsa. They just make the game a simcade to please a bigger audience.

Back