F1 2017 Game General Discussion

Just had my first gearbox malfunction during the second half of the Russian GP.

That downshift from fifth to third certainly woke me up a bit! :scared:

ICE and gearbox upgrades, here we come!

So i finally fished the Azerbaijan Gp and oh boy did it go sour all because of a bad tire chose and the track didn't dry out
You guys can catch the live streams every night starting between 9 and 930 pm est

What other bugs should we expect?

I'm only up to the Belgian GP on my first season with Haas, but the only bug I've experienced is the extreme wear on the ICE components and gearbox as well as some pixelation during cutscenes. The wear issues have been fixed with a patch and apparently 1.5 will fix the pixelation issues. Other than that I've had a very smooth experience, no issues with the safety car or virtual safety car.

I'm only up to the Belgian GP on my first season with Haas, but the only bug I've experienced is the extreme wear on the ICE components and gearbox as well as some pixelation during cutscenes. The wear issues have been fixed with a patch and apparently 1.5 will fix the pixelation issues. Other than that I've had a very smooth experience, no issues with the safety car or virtual safety car.
What platform are you on?

3rd race at Bahrain...qualified 7th,finished 7th..nothing really happened,no retirements.

Perez got driver of the day again,with another wonderous 1 stopper - 16th to 8th!

Raikonnen won his 3rd race in a row - running away with it already!

My power unit looks pretty worn but i havnt replaced anything yet going into Russia...

Out of Barcelona where I won surprisingly. Went from 17th in qualification in china to pole in barcelona with the same tactics. Seems kinda weird. Will put difficulty up. Race was on full wet tyre, missed my started was 5th before the first corner, overtook two cars to be behind Kimi and Seb. Overtook Seb and Kimi start to push, I followed him, overtook him and went to take an easy win under the rain with no tyre change. So far I had 1 dry race which kinda annoys me.

Other than that I have a blast running with Mclaren.

So, as I said in my last post here, I think, I had to increase the AI difficulty to 90%. Outright pace wise, I felt like I shouldn't be battling against Red Bull yet, especially since my only car related upgrade has been towards the gearbox and didn't come into play until FP1 of Bahrain. Having completed FP1 of Bahrain, oh boy this will be difficult going forward. Finished the session a humbling 18th, just ahead of the Saubers. Grosjean was 9th fastest. Minimum downforce just isn't going to work now. I'm losing way too much time in sector two. An interesting conundrum, as the programmes are also harder to complete, so I may not have enough points to start upgrading the aero parts of the car until Sochi at best. Loving the evolution of the game. For all of those stuck in McLaren, hopefully they fix the bug with engine upgrades soon. That has to hurt.

This was the final 2 lap sprint in Russia after Hamilton's retirement caused the safety car to come out. You may notice 3rd placed Hulkenberg pit on the penulitmate lap - he had a 20 second penalty for failing to serve a penalty before haha! As you can see,it turned out nice for me! Once again,Perez having an amazing race.

Bahrain went less than swell for me. Started 13th, but ended up retiring due to an accident between Hulkenberg, Hamilton, and myself, with all three of us retiring ten laps from the end. Taking a massive grid penalty for Russia and taking a fifth component for everything. Also improved the durability of the turbocharger, since it is wearing way more than any of the other components minus the gearbox.

Bought this yesterday, and since I haven't gotten the part I need to fix my old wheel yet, and haven't bought a new one, I was forced to play with the controller. It's amazing how badly I suck at racing games with a controller now lol. To be fair though, this game feels terrible with a controller, so it's probably not all my fault.

I played it while it was still downloading, so I could only do my first race weekend in career. Because of my aforementioned lack of controller talent, I had to have the AI on 80% to be competitive in qualifying, and after not being bothered to do all of the practice programs, I threw a setup on the car and jumped straight into quali. I'd selected STR, with Sainz as my team mate. Quali was pretty straightforward, with both cars making it to Q2, and I really enjoyed trading times with Carlos. At the end of Q2, neither of us made it to Q3, and Carlos had out-qualified me by 3 hundredths of a second, so I figured the race was going to be close between us. However, as soon as the lights went out, I realised pretty quickly that the game suffered the same problems with the AI and pack racing. Thanks to this, I was 10th by turn 2, and used a one-stop strategy, while the top cars all did two stops, to wind up 3rd. My fastest lap time was 1.5 seconds faster than Carlos', despite us both having identical tyre strategies.

Bit disappointed that this issue, which has been present in all of Codies' F1 titles, is still there. So basically, if you set the difficulty up so that you are close in lap times to your team mate in practice and quali, you'll utterly thrash everyone in the race. Hopefully it's better when I get the new wheel set up.

My G25 bit the dust (I think-may be reparable?) so I ordered a Thrustmaster T300RS Alantra and the F1 wheel; wont get here in time to do better on the F1 Esports event at Monza; but will be here for Suzuka :)

I had a go on Suzuka track. G27 shakes like crazy on the straight, so little feel as well. I turned down the effects so it makes less noise, seemed to help with getting better traction too which I found odd. The way the cars steer doesn't feel right to me, also next to no feeling of grip available when braking, accelerating or cornering so I find it hard to do even a lap in this game. Saw someone else struggle with it also so at least I know I'm not the only one. I just drive on sheer hope car will turn in and grip and not lose traction. My driving is all over the place, I know my potential speed can be half decent but find it so hard to drive in a consistent and precise manner. So easy to lock up the brakes too.

I don't think I'm going to play this game much, wish I never bought it now. Maybe it works better with the Thrustmaster wheels. I don't know why but it now feels even worse driving on Monza than before with same controller settings in the game but I changed the graphics settings, wonder if that makes a difference? First game since F1 2011 I bought and played and if anything feels like it has gone backwards, find it very disappointing. IMO something like GT5P drove and felt a lot better than this and that is nearly a decade old now.

I had a go on Suzuka track. G27 shakes like crazy on the straight, so little feel as well. I turned down the effects so it makes less noise, seemed to help with getting better traction too which I found odd. The way the cars steer doesn't feel right to me, also next to no feeling of grip available when braking, accelerating or cornering so I find it hard to do even a lap in this game. Saw someone else struggle with it also so at least I know I'm not the only one. I just drive on sheer hope car will turn in and grip and not lose traction. My driving is all over the place, I know my potential speed can be half decent but find it so hard to drive in a consistent and precise manner. So easy to lock up the brakes too.

I don't think I'm going to play this game much, wish I never bought it now. Maybe it works better with the Thrustmaster wheels. I don't know why but it now feels even worse driving on Monza than before with same controller settings in the game but I changed the graphics settings, wonder if that makes a difference? First game since F1 2011 I bought and played and if anything feels like it has gone backwards, find it very disappointing. IMO something like GT5P drove and felt a lot better than this and that is nearly a decade old now.

Not having this experience on PC with a Fanatec wheel. Took a while to get it feeling right but once I did ffb is very good and feeling of grip is there. Makes driving the cars a joy. Hopefully you can find some settings that improve things for you as for me this is by some margin the best F1 game that has been released.

Not having this experience on PC with a Fanatec wheel. Took a while to get it feeling right but once I did ffb is very good and feeling of grip is there. Makes driving the cars a joy. Hopefully you can find some settings that improve things for you as for me this is by some margin the best F1 game that has been released.
Struggle to do a decent lap with the G27, no fun at all for me with this game. Saw this video as well of a top Formula Sim Racer and he also seems to struggle a lot with it.

Seems possible to get a feeling with it going by how well some others manage to drive it but the way the cars handle is not for me. I might revisit it if I get a better steering wheel and see if that helps, hoping Logitech with McLaren come up with something decent.

I'm looking forward to the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC for AC for the 2017 F1 car, I think that will be much more to my liking.

Struggle to do a decent lap with the G27, no fun at all for me with this game. Saw this video as well of a top Formula Sim Racer and he also seems to struggle a lot with it.

Seems possible to get a feeling with it going by how well some others manage to drive it but the way the cars handle is not for me. I might revisit it if I get a better steering wheel and see if that helps, hoping Logitech with McLaren come up with something decent.

I'm looking forward to the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC for AC for the 2017 F1 car, I think that will be much more to my liking.

Try your G27 on Grand Turismo 6 or other racing game - if problem persists then may be your G 27 is broken. Perhaps the patches are causing the problem, as at first my G 25 just rattled on the straights but after patches steering got worse. I had same problem with my G25 but is also problem now on Grand Turismo 6 so I am buying T300 Alterra edition and a the F1 wheel add on any day now

Check out tonight's live stream of monza

Hey guys we shouldtry the video thread and here's tonight's live stream

Last edited:
Is this the general discussion thread? Or is it the video thread? Because it seems people are posting their personal videos to multiple threads to maximise views, and it's really annoying to have to wade through heaps of videos to find the actual discussion. The same thing is happening in all game sub sections, and it's bloody annoying. Is it so hard to just post them to the video thread only?

Well i put the AI up to 80% and i still got a couple of 5ths in Baku & Austria,so the Haas has genuine pace hehe!

Austria was a dry - light rain - heavy rain - light rain race...and a very eventful one!

For me,Austria is in my top 3 tracks - great setting,not too long,natural climbs and cambers - is it anyone elses favourite?

I can't stand how the game doesn't load textures, drivers models and staff are always on low res. Ps4 version.

I can't stand how the game doesn't load textures, drivers models and staff are always on low res. Ps4 version.

From what I've seen in a couple of career videos, it seems to be a sporadic thing. Or is it more than that?

What do you have in game FFB set at and also FFB on the Fanatec wheel?

I've only had the game a few days and the first time I played I didn't know where to go in and change the in game FFB and I thought my Fanatec V2 was going to shake itself to death. It shook so hard that it loosened the bolts on my wheel stand. I've got it turned down a lot but there is still some harshness to it.

What do you have in game FFB set at and also FFB on the Fanatec wheel?

I've only had the game a few days and the first time I played I didn't know where to go in and change the in game FFB and I thought my Fanatec V2 was going to shake itself to death. It shook so hard that it loosened the bolts on my wheel stand. I've got it turned down a lot but there is still some harshness to it.
Sorry, sorry, sorry! Ignore that. I've given you my WRC 7 settings! Will get back to you with F1 2017 settings once I've stopped playing FM7 demo!

Last edited:
Back