F1 2017 Game General Discussion

Those Tweet tweats were an highlights video and digital magazine, don't think F2 will make it into the game this year. Can see it coming soon though with Liberty in charge and the FIA aiming to streamline the feeder series.
Shame but would be welcome into career mode.

Yes. And no.

To a certain degree I understand the attitude — constantly being berated over a product would eventually result in any one who takes pride in what they do to become defensive, perhaps overly so.

Here's where the 'Yes' comes in: understanding why the product was critiqued as it were and then seeing the way he responds to normal users just offering critiques because they genuinely appreciate the game, but are pointing out issues that have persisted since the first game under their direction.

It isn't a case of 'he should never talk to customers that way' because given the right circumstances I think that's absolutely ridiculous, however, given the way he did it results in what you're seeing now:

"Stephen Hood is gone."
"So? That's a great thing!"
The problem I had with Steve was that he had his own idea of how the game and that is how it would be. He didn't seem to care what the public wanted hence cough 2012 and the horrid off track slow down cough.

That's awesome. I'm tempted but I hope it's more like f1 2015 graphically than 2016. No idea why they downgraded the graphics of 2016 but it really looks a lot worse.

Also wish they would finally improve the force feedback but I've even waiting 7 years for them to do that and no luck

Never actually bought one of the CM F1 games, although i've always been interested... but this is awesome.

'90 Ferrari 640/2 (other personal favourite) would fit right in there imo :D

Got my attention, will keep an eye on it :cheers:

Also wish they would finally improve the force feedback but I've even waiting 7 years for them to do that and no luck

Perhaps you should revisit F1 2010, it's a lot worse than you may remember.

Codies has a track record of taking a step back after a step forward with this franchise. This is the 3rd F1 release on their EGO 4.0 engine, and I won't accept any dropped features or downgrades in gameplay.

A bit too close to the rumored 8 september PCARS2 release date for me to be interested and I barely even touched F1 2016 so that one can still keep me occupied for my F1 needs. Besides, I'm more looking forward to Dirt 4 which is in a couple of weeks (and also from Codemasters).

But I really like the introduction of classic F1 cars and alternative versions of some tracks, kudos to the team, it's an interesting step into an interesting direction. :)

I'm still playing F1 2016 almost every night, Whereas the last couple of games gone by I was done and trading it in before finishing my first career season. I really hope the practice programmes stay but I would like to see them change the challenges up rather than using the same 3 (relevant as they are) for every weekend. F2 and GP3 additions would be amazing if it were possible, but my main wish is for driver transfers to occur. At the moment there is no "activity" when it comes to signing for a team, even though there are 23 drivers for 22 seats! It would be great seeing news stories throughout the season, speculating Hamilton's move to Ferrari for example. I know licensing is the enemy again here, but it is what keeps me going back to the Fifa games as well...

Received it, although need to free up some disk space. GP2 Computer! Looking forward to see how the Classic and 2017 cars behave.

That's awesome. I'm tempted but I hope it's more like f1 2015 graphically than 2016. No idea why they downgraded the graphics of 2016 but it really looks a lot worse.

I noticed the graphics downgrade. To be honest it took me a while, I didn't really notice while playing, but I had a couple of photos I'd taken in 2015, and after taking some in 2016 I noticed it looked significantly worse. A lot more jaggies, and the lighting made it look a bit cartoony.

As for the FFB, I've bought every F1 game since 2010, and I can guarantee that the FFB has definitely improved in that time. The biggest improvements came in 2015 and 2016. I still had to tweak the FFB options, but in 2016 especially the FFB is much better when it's set up well. I still hope for more improvements, but I think where it's really lacking is in road detail. I don't think it's a FFB problem, but the fact that the road surface is too smooth and flat. They need to work on the accuracy of the circuits, and that should show through the FFB. Dirt Rally showed just how good the FFB in the EGO engine can be.

I noticed the graphics downgrade. To be honest it took me a while, I didn't really notice while playing, but I had a couple of photos I'd taken in 2015, and after taking some in 2016 I noticed it looked significantly worse. A lot more jaggies, and the lighting made it look a bit cartoony.

As for the FFB, I've bought every F1 game since 2010, and I can guarantee that the FFB has definitely improved in that time. The biggest improvements came in 2015 and 2016. I still had to tweak the FFB options, but in 2016 especially the FFB is much better when it's set up well. I still hope for more improvements, but I think where it's really lacking is in road detail. I don't think it's a FFB problem, but the fact that the road surface is too smooth and flat. They need to work on the accuracy of the circuits, and that should show through the FFB. Dirt Rally showed just how good the FFB in the EGO engine can be.

That's what I mean. The lack of road feel is pretty bad.

I'd argue about Dirt Rally though. To me the worst part about it was it's FFB.

That's what I mean. The lack of road feel is pretty bad.

I'd argue about Dirt Rally though. To me the worst part about it was it's FFB.

I can't agree with that at all. Again, once you've set it up properly, it's very good. The way the road's imperfections all come through the FFB in DR is where it really shines. It's very intuitive and feels very natural. I normally have to adjust to each game's FFB to get the most out of it, but DR for me was as easy to get used to as AC. Both games feel very natural.

This definitely looks like it's going to be the best F1 game yet, provided the gameplay is as good as 2016's.

Here's what i think will be some of the remaining Classic cars:

• '85 Lotus 97T
  • '08 McLaren MP4-23
  • '09 Brawn BGP 001
  • '04 Ferrari F2004
  • '06 Renault R26

Here's what i think will be some of the remaining Classic cars:

• '85 Lotus 97T
  • '08 McLaren MP4-23
  • '09 Brawn BGP 001
  • '04 Ferrari F2004
  • '06 Renault R26
I so hope the Brawn is in the game. Could it be possible that some of the F1 2013 Classics are brought over and upgraded to current gen spec?

Back