F1 2017 Game General Discussion

I think it does move it for every car, but some cars mirrors are just in crap places for visibility. Personally, I'd rather have a closer FOV so it feels more natural, than having a far away FOV so that I can see the mirrors. I just use the look behind button when I need to look back.

That's the same problem I have with the FOV in PCars2. Once you adjust it for one car it totally messes up another one. I adjusted one car in PCars2 then I went straight to one of the Astons and it looked like I was driving it from the back seat. So I haven't touched it since.

It's too bad that that adjustment can't be moved into each individual car's setups in both games.

I finished my first season - Raikonnen ran away with it which i didnt expect,with Bottas 2nd and Vettell and Hamilton unsurprisingly making up the top 4.

The two Red Bulls then came 5th & 6th - and i finished in 7th,with the two Force Indias behind.

Im going into season 2,upping it slightly to 85% AI. I expect Ferrari & Mercedes to be close again - with Red Bull maybe battling with an improving Force India. Hulkenberg in the Renault is starting to look strong,qualifying in the top 10 regularily,but his reliability is letting him down. Perez is close to being a top 5 driver now. Will be interesting to see if anyone makes any big strides in development.

Just had an interesting race.

Bahrain, toro rosso. I'm in 13th having a meh race, nothing special. lap 50/57 SC comes out. I take the chance to get new supers and rejoin in 14th. I wasn't expecting quite such a grip advantage it has to be said, with everyone else mostly on old softs or mediums I was able to run my way up to 6th after the SC came in on lap 55.

Has this ever had to anyone before? I had a weird bug that occured to me while I was doing the invitational event in Bahrain today. I finished first in my class while I was driving the Williams FW14B (So that would be 9th overall). Apparently, that doesn't count, as when I went to the next grand prix in the drivers championship, it told me that I had failed. I tried it again in the invitational events option and I apparently haven't passed that one, either, even though both times I've finished first in my class )Yes, I'm absolutely sure I finished first both times). Does anyone else suffer this bug, or is it just myself? I'm honestly confused as hell right now.

Has this ever had to anyone before? I had a weird bug that occured to me while I was doing the invitational event in Bahrain today. I finished first in my class while I was driving the Williams FW14B (So that would be 9th overall). Apparently, that doesn't count, as when I went to the next grand prix in the drivers championship, it told me that I had failed. I tried it again in the invitational events option and I apparently haven't passed that one, either, even though both times I've finished first in my class )Yes, I'm absolutely sure I finished first both times). Does anyone else suffer this bug, or is it just myself? I'm honestly confused as hell right now.
I do not think there are 'classes' in the invitationals; you have to finish first, or try again I think. I had to :)

Eh, whatever. I'm stumped.

Anyways...
38519989801_834e8a00a6_c.jpg

Whilst I still admit that Baku stinks and I don't like it, I have to say, today's race was superb.
26743796479_a2087673a6_c.jpg

Qualified 3rd, and sadly finished in 4th, but I had one hell of a time holding back the Mercedes of Valterri Bottas. Heck, I even changed over to a 2 stop strategy to try and cover off Hamilton's team mate. If I had one more lap, I'd have easily gotten by Daniel Ricciardo (just 1.2 seconds separated 3rd and 4th!)

Has anyone noticed the "10% gearbox" penalty? Here's what happens; choose a brand new gearbox after most sessions- most notably after quali, and at the start of the race the gearbox has 10% wear without a lap on it.

In time trial mode, on a few tracks, after putting in a pretty mediocre performance, I am told that I am in No 1 position. And my name (glarnk on the xbox one) does appear mysteriously at the top spot, even though my actual time is way behind the real leaders.

Has this happened to anyone else? And why does it happen. I want to erase these false rankings but don't know how.

Big shift of power happening in my season 2...Perez win his first race at Russia and leads the championship! Cant see it lasting but hes the first driver to win outside the big 3 teams..

3rd career pole position at Austria for the #93 Ferrari of Yoko!
26989887649_d93cb97285_c.jpg

Annoyingly however, I once again couldn't convert it to win the race (Just like Monaco). I was too timid off the line and lost the lead on the first corner of the race. Still, I had a fantastic blast driving around this circuit (And an even more amazing blast catching Hamilton in the Merc). Managed to overtake him to bag another podium position (3rd Ferrari 1-2 of the season I think?). I'm tied on points with Hamilton in 2nd position in the Drivers Championship, but Lewis is 2nd by virtue of the win in Baku.

Hey all quick question. I have f1 2017 and how do you use photo mode on PS4? Or is it only pc? It’s Micheal Schumacher 49th birthday and I’m using one of his Ferrari around Monaco and wanted to take a photo #Keepfightingmicheal :) ! Thank you and sorry if it’s a silly question I’ve paused game and can’t find any options.

Hey all quick question. I have f1 2017 and how do you use photo mode on PS4? Or is it only pc? It’s Micheal Schumacher 49th birthday and I’m using one of his Ferrari around Monaco and wanted to take a photo #Keepfightingmicheal :) ! Thank you and sorry if it’s a silly question I’ve paused game and can’t find any options.
When you are in flashback mode, hit options to access photo mode.

Is anyone looking forward to the 'Halo' in F1 2018 game? Especially if you prefer cockpit view?
No. And I do play cockpit view.

1 thing, I noticed what may be a bug. AI at 103%, the ai (especially vettel or my team mate, not sure which is the causing factor as I am at Ferrari) is loads faster last stint in terms of compared to my pace.

The probably with the halo will be that you can't see past it on a 2D screen. From VR videos I've seen of people using the halo in other games, they really don't have a problem with it.

I really need to play F1 2017 more hehhe. Played last night did some gran Prix races was fun and took some classics out. I just wish that being a liscenced f1 game that there was more classic content cars/tracks or a classic dlc I would pay for it :). A lot of fun though. I wonder what f1 2018 will be like with the thong:) or flip flop lol. I probably will skip f1 2018 and I have had all since f1 2010 :(:(:(

If anyone happens to be looking for a league to race in my league could do with a few more drivers.

I don't feel like listing any rules, just use common sense and you'll be fine.

Races on Sundays & Wednesdays @ 10PM GMT (5PM EST).

PS4.

All assists allowed.

Stream from yesterday's race.

If anyone happens to be looking for a league to race in my league could do with a few more drivers.

I don't feel like listing any rules, just use common sense and you'll be fine.

Races on Sundays & Wednesdays @ 10PM GMT (5PM EST).

PS4.

All assists allowed.

Wish I could, looks a ton of fun - but too early in the day for me... Sunday is possible. This Sunday I'll be going to a "big" race to race my 1/12 scale RC car though. Have fun - and looks like you all are!

Just finished season 2....the other finn Bottas won it,from last seasons champ Raikonnen.

No other drivers have managed to break into the 'top 4'......i came 6th as Perez narrowly beat me.

Red Bull are ranked the 3rd best team,but they have shocking reliability coming 7th and 8th.

I need to concentrate now on developing on power,as ive been putting all my pointd on durability.

I have a big problem with gearbox wear.

Things im already doing:

>shifting earlier and avoiding high revs during practice sessions
>driving around slowly in 5th gear on inlaps and outlaps (is this even a good thing?)
>avoiding high revs during the race if pushing is not required

Are there any other wear saving methods, or is it designed to damage quickly when you don't have the upgrades early on in your career?

Thanks

Things im already doing:

>driving around slowly in 5th gear on inlaps and outlaps (is this even a good thing?)

Are there any other wear saving methods, or is it designed to damage quickly when you don't have the upgrades early on in your career?

Thanks

I actually had a little luck not banging the gears down while braking. I was having the same issue and thought, well this is just stupid. When I started waiting til I had braked hard to start slowing down - then started down shifting, it seemed to help. I had to turn my braking strength down about 10% or more sometimes. I think this helped, as well as stuff that you already mentioned (although #2 I never do ??? )

It's a good game, not perfect far from it actually, but it is good fun and immerses you.

Things im already doing:

Thanks

I would do all the durability upgrades first, then will won’t have to really worry about wearing the gearbox.

Back