F1 2018 General Discussion

• Thread starter khr1s
  • 344 comments
I find the Red Bull to be overall the best handling car in the game, you can put it anywhere on the track, and it usually sticks!

Had some fun testing my new car for my season 6......the Red Bull will be mid grid to start, should be interesting! :D

I was hoping this would be on sale this season opening weekend for the PS4 and it is. I've played these hundreds of hours each year but never jumped on 2018 for whatever reason.

Hey Guys! If anyone is interested in joining a No setup league, Let me know. Thanks!

Plus, whos staying up late to watch the Australian GP? :cheers:

I would definitely be interested in joining a no set-up league.

I play on Xbox

ERS management is fun!
ERS can be fun, especially rewarding if you're good at harvesting it! Although sometimes i feel it could be a hassle for some players to fumble across the MFD menu on every straight. The league i'm in believes that racing should be a test of drivers skill; Gas, Brake and Steering should define your lap times. That's also why we don't run setups (other than the 5 presets available) :)

Someone make me a believable story for this situation.

Did really well at Sauber in first season, started S2 with RB and struggled, being behind my team mate all the time. Now after Baku moved to Ferrari.

Make a believable story why Ferrari would want to hire me.

Finally decided to hop online for the first time in any F1 game. Mainly trying to get the Platinum Trophy for PS4. On paper, the online trophies don't seem too bad just takes time. Not sure how long it would take to get to level 25, or a safety rating of A. Only did 2 races for the day, came in third for the first race on the Red Bull Ring. Then managed to win the second one at Abu Dhabi. Grabbed pole, as three others got their laps disqualified. Was able to get a good launch at the start, and just held the lead, while the others fought amongst themselves.

I've played career a bit and appreciate the deeper career, but they still need to address mechanical issues impacting your reputation.

I took a full PU upgrade at Singapore and lost rep for the penalties. Then I started 19th and the team was pissed I didn't get 4th place. All the emails were down on me and kind of breaks the career immersion a bit.

Well, it's not like the Codies have had much to do this year apart from a few new liveries, giving a point for the fastest lap, and swapping one date around.
They managed to add on £20 for copying and pasting some stages in DR2 so lack of work to do is no excuse.

They managed to add on £20 for copying and pasting some stages in DR2 so lack of work to do is no excuse.

Yeah, I got suckered by that - already deleted as it's inferior to DR1 in every way apart from the eye candy.

I'm not sure I'll be buying anymore codemasters products in the future.

just got my g920 for the xbox, and man... F1 2018 feels really good to drive, i'm enjoying it much more than any forza game, i'm curious about assetto corsa tho... i may get it, its quite cheap...

i also have to try F1 online, but i need to buy Gold

Well, it's not like the Codies have had much to do this year apart from a few new liveries, giving a point for the fastest lap, and swapping one date around.
They have to remodel every car... Rework the aero physic simulation due to new Aero rules.
Change tyres physics, due to tyres being harder this year
Model new pilots
balances teams and upgrades based on this year data
add new features

make Kubica drive with his elbow to the door... since some say he drives with one hand ;)

Umm. Ok. No.

Yeah, I got suckered by that - already deleted as it's inferior to DR1 in every way apart from the eye candy.

I'm not sure I'll be buying anymore codemasters products in the future.

Again.

This ones 2 years in the making like most of their big projects. F2 is a huge addition (different rules, tyre compounds, weekend formats etc), it's a touch more than just a reskin, which incidentally you would complain about anyway. Licensed games are in some ways, hindered, by that very license. It's hardly codies fault that theres a date swap and no new tracks. The good news with that is the effort can go into perfecting what was a fantastic F1 game last year (easily the best codies one and quite possibly the best ever).

Theres also a regulation 2019 car designed in conjunction with Pat Symonds and Ross Brawn which hints at deeper career mode with more customisation possibilities (not just for the driver but also the car itself, liveries etc which are shown in the blog post) and will create a spec car for online racing as well. Which also implies theres a pot more going on in the multiplayer side of things too.

Perhaps reading articles and posts before posting ignorant uneducated opinion would be a really good step?

👍

I downloaded F1 2018 on game pass the other day and had a chance to properly try it out last night.
I’m very impressed with it overall and based on this will more than likely get F1 2019 when it’s released.
I come from almost solely playing PC2 And in particular the LMP2 class of cars but being a massive F1 fan thought I’d give it a go.
Once I’d got a FOV I was happy with it made a big difference , Only downside is no button box support so I’m a bit thin on the ground on buttons as my T300 is using a drivehub so it works on the One X which means 2 buttons are lost. Not normally a problem as my button box usually takes care of the rest.
I have the RS dash app which gives me all the info on a screen on the wheel which I didn’t expect would be supported so that’s good.
I may of missed it but is there a rear view mirror option for the hud ?

Also it appears that McLaren aren’t available when starting a career or am I wrong ?

Thanks guys

are the cars relatively equal with max upgrades? I’m still working on McLaren but this car always seems a tad ******** on the straights compared to everything else. I usually run medium - low df on most tracks too.

I have most of engine and drag upgrades.

Latest Posts

Back