F1 2018 General Discussion

• Thread starter khr1s
  • 344 comments
Anybody seen Lando Norris playing F1 2018?

Very impressive pace. Check out his Twitch if you ever see him on. Here's some races he did the other week:

Meanwhile, as I saw he was quite quick, I thought I'd try and beat his time at Brazil, a 1:10.563 which he set when being filmed by Autosport on their YouTube channel:

Does anyone know of any other real F1 drivers, or indeed any sort of professional driver, that play sims/racing games?

How do the difficulty description of GPs make sense? In-game both Silverstone and COTA are described as easy. They are not? :odd:

Very impressive pace. Check out his Twitch if you ever see him on. Here's some races he did the other week:

Meanwhile, as I saw he was quite quick, I thought I'd try and beat his time at Brazil, a 1:10.563 which he set when being filmed by Autosport on their YouTube channel:

Does anyone know of any other real F1 drivers, or indeed any sort of professional driver, that play sims/racing games?

I believe Hamilton and his brother do or did , Aston Martin GT driver Nikki Thim does and sometimes streams and is quite entertaining to watch.

Norris does it with the centre pylon of the halo visible. You've turned it off, so DQF.

Nah, just messing with you - nice work ;)

Oh, and I would imagine that most race drivers probably use the same sims that are available to us, at least as an alternative to the HQ professional sims that they have access to. While the physics may not be entirely correct, the tracks are as close as to make no difference. So yes.

Norris does it with the centre pylon of the halo visible. You've turned it off, so DQF.

Nah, just messing with you - nice work ;)

Oh, and I would imagine that most race drivers probably use the same sims that are available to us, at least as an alternative to the HQ professional sims that they have access to. While the physics may not be entirely correct, the tracks are as close as to make no difference. So yes.

Haha this is true - he is hardcore the middle pillar of the halo on.

I could cope with it on time trial to be fair, but when racing against other people, it's gets in the way too much when on a 2d screen. I'm sure there's no problem with it in real life or on VR as you can look past it, but not on a 2 screen :-(

Do you guys use understeer enhance? I've had it on since the beginning but I hear a lot of people don't like it.

There has been something with the handling that I didn’t like, and despite trying dozens of setups I still haven’t dialed it out. I think this understeer enchance is what has been throwing me off.

Currently doing the french gp in career with it off. I don't know this track very well so I am very bad at it, it's hard to tell if it's actually helping me. I get so confused by some of the corners, lol.

Im on my 4th season in career,and the regulation changes have just come in - ALL departments apart from durability?! Has anyone else had 3 departments they need to re-develop?? This will put my development well back for season 5...

I will be trying out my new F1 Playseat with F1 wheel add on and T3PA Pro addon pedals during the holidays; if I can tear myself away from American Truck Simulator (use my Playseat Evolution and T300 Evo wheel and TH8A add on shifter for this game) :D

Last night I finished my first career season, taking the championship on the final race. However, the trophy didn't pop. Not that I really car for that but I was just wondering if this happened to more people

The game is 19€ on Ps Store. I'd like to give it a try, but i have 2017 and the new season starting over make me want to wait for the new game.

Is it worth it?

@Losco , yes it is an improvement of 2017. Graphically and also physics wise. I would get 2018 now and skip 2019. Since the 2019 has the same tracks as 2018.

The game is 19€ on Ps Store. I'd like to give it a try, but i have 2017 and the new season starting over make me want to wait for the new game.

Is it worth it?

online is still as chaotic as ever though lol

The off line mode in F1 2018 is rather excellent. If you do a full length career with 100% length races, the game will give a lot of value for its 19 Euro!

I´m in doubt to buy F1 2017 or F1 2018 - I´m not a F1 fan, but I would like to have a F1 game in my ps4 collection. Yesterday i tried F1 2017 demo, and it looked very nice. Since I´m not a F1 fan, is it worth it? I will play offline.

Depending on the money difference but the 2018 game has certain clear advantages over the 2017 game. The general car behaviour has improved and the career mode has certainly improved in depth en dynamics. And of course if you would go online you'll have more players available.

Depending on the money difference but the 2018 game has certain clear advantages over the 2017 game. The general car behaviour has improved and the career mode has certainly improved in depth en dynamics. And of course if you would go online you'll have more players available.
Thanks.. f1 2017 will be sold by a friend for only 5 USD, on money terms.. definintely I will go for F1 2017.

After seing lot of videos I decided to go for 2017 version... Considering that I´m not a F1 fan and I just want a F1 game just to ride against IA with NON HALO cars haha.
I did not have enough time to ride, but after installing I decided to make a hot lap in Laguna Seca and a quick race in SPA - both circuits well known.
I use a g29 wheel and I can say that FFB and feelings were good but they do not reach Assetto Corsa level.
The hop lap did not surprise me, graphics were very nice, and the driving was pleasurable. But the quick race in SPA was really great!!
I did the qualy (starting on 2nd position) and put the weather on random, IA difficulty was Medium (40%).
During the race (5 laps), It was really nice to see some sunny laps and then the day got cloudy and the sun did not shine on the circuit, little GREAT detail.
Okey guys I do not want to bore you, I know that I´m on a 2018 thread and the new game is some steps over 2017, but this would be a good start!
Thanks @Blob_91 and @HammyMansell for you suggestions!

I agree assetto corsa is still the best game with a wheel. I have the g29 as well and I love it in assetto corsa but in forza and project cars 2 it’s just ok. In Wrc 7 it’s good. I haven’t tried duty rally yet. In f1 18 I love it to

Back