F1 2018 General Discussion

• Thread starter khr1s
  • 344 comments
Greece
Thessaloniki
eRRoRkhR1s
30caakn.jpg

Hi guys in 40 minutes from now F1 2018 will be officially announced.

Release Date:
August 24th (Belgian Grand Prix)

Features:
-Classic cars
-Improved career mode (something requested returns)

I will update this thread after the announcement!

Update - Official Announcement:

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/05/make-headlines-in-f1-2018/

Last edited:
Isn't it coming out a month sooner than they traditionally do?

Previous two games have been released towards the back-end of August and this one follows the current trend. The older F1 games prior to 2014 and 2015 seemed to be released later though around September time.

Previous two games have been released towards the back-end of August and this one follows the current trend. The older F1 games prior to 2014 and 2015 seemed to be released later though around September time.

Yeah I always had September in my head as the normal release date, guess thats why!

Some of the new features have appeared on GameStop ...

“FORMULA 1 is the highest class of single-seat auto racing sanctioned by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA). With a total global television viewing audience of over 350 million unique viewers (2017) and 21 races (2017 Season) taking place across 5 continents. The new Formula 1 unleashes the greatest racing spectacle on the planet, through the eyes of the fans, packed with grit, speed, breathless drama and glamorous fun!

The F1 series of games deliver an authentic representation of the world of Formula 1 sport to its fans, providing an immersive, high-end racing experience with the full roster of teams, drivers and circuits from the latest season of Formula One.

Build your reputation both on and off the track, with time-pressured media interviews that influence your F1 career path. Are you a sportsman or a showman? Will you develop your team to the top or send your agent to target a rival team and driver? F1 2018 puts you in control.

F1 2018 is the officially licensed game of the 2018 Formula One Season. Players will have access to the full 2018 season calendar of 21 tracks and be able to race with the full roster of 20 drivers and 10 teams.

• F1 2018 is the officially licensed game of the 2018 Formula One Season.
  • Players will have access to the full calendar of circuits for the 2018 season. The French Grand Prix returns to the calendar for the first time since 2008 in June. The race is at the Circuit Paul Ricard, which last hosted the French Grand Prix in 1990. The German Grand Prix also returns to the championship after a one-year absence, with the Hockenheimring scheduled to host the race in July.
  • The full roster of official drivers and teams will be available to play in the game. Toro Rosso signed Pierre Gasly and Brendon Hartley as their new full-time drivers for 2018, Charles Leclerc, joins Sauber, whilst Sergey Sirotkin joins the Williams team.
  • All of the latest sports rules and updates will be included in the game, including the new-spec 2018 car and tyres and the controversial "Halo" safety concept.
  • The rich career mode will allow players to shape their own path to glory as they hone their skills, deal with the media and develop their car over multiple seasons.
  • Iconic Formula One cars of the past will be available to race across a variety of game modes.
  • Players will able to race online with a full grid of 20 cars in either public or private sessions.
  • Updated handling models and force feedback will provide the most authentic and engaging racing experience to date.
Features:
  • Time pressured press interviews
  • Expanded paddock locations and interactions
  • Pursue driver contracts
  • Determine your Championship Rival(s)
  • Manage your reputation
  • Press reputation feedback
  • Expanded pre/post Race Broadcast speech
  • Additional classic cars
  • Player ranking - Super License in multiplayer
  • Full ERS management”
Thanks for the more in depth information.

If you signed up for the beta, codes are being sent out today it seems like

Pretty sure it was just the invites informing those that have been accepted so far. I’m sure Codemasters are working on finalising things before they send out the installation codes and the beta officially starts. Believe they should be on the way in the next “week or so” from what I’ve read.

That’s not to say those that haven’t been accepted so far won’t get the chance at all as I think they’re planning on doing a few ‘phases’ of the beta. Could still be hope of being accepted for a later phase possibly :)

Why is the Williams missing logos, NiQuitin I can understand but why no HP or FedEx?

Guess not every sponsor could be "bought".

It's the same story with the Brawn: there's no Itaipava sponsorship on the nose, sidepods or rear wing as there was on the car that weekend in Brazil.

However, the Bridgestone logo is still on the rear wing endplates, yet the tyres of the in-game car are unmarked. :odd:

001_small.jpg

It's the same story with the Brawn: there's no Itaipava sponsorship on the nose, sidepods or rear wing as there was on the car that weekend in Brazil.

However, the Bridgestone logo is still on the rear wing endplates, yet the tyres of the in-game car are unmarked. :odd:

001_small.jpg

I'm guessing there's no Itaipava since adding an alcohol sponsor in the game will garner it a Mature rating - similar to tobacco. I'm not sure about HP or FedEx, unless those companies simply couldn't come to terms on licensing.

001_small.jpg

It's a shame because it doesn't look as much like a 2003 Williams than you remember it with so much missing, I guess it's not as noticeable with the Brawn because it ran so much of the season naked.

I'm guessing there's no Itaipava since adding an alcohol sponsor in the game will garner it a Mature rating - similar to tobacco. I'm not sure about HP or FedEx, unless those companies simply couldn't come to terms on licensing.

The Mature rating theory is false, FIFA has alcohol sponsors on their kits that have it, so there's probably something moral related

I think this is why they may have changed the release date for f1 2018,
Is that in runs along with this.

I hope we get more classic cars through DLC.

Also add in some tracks from past F1's like Istanbul Park and Imola.

F1 Games need more replayability.
Agreed. I hate the majority of the newer F1 tracks anyway.... Bring back more historical F1 tracks through dlc?

Latest Posts

Back