F1 2018 Releases on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on August 24

If its going be cars still from 1988 onwards then I would like see the 1993 Williams FW15C driven by Alain prost or Damon hill come to the game but if its before 1988 then I would like see any brabhams from 1980 up to 1985 come since no brabhams have ever been in the f1 version off the game

I think I’ll actually get this one. I’ve only had f1 2006, haha. I think I want it because the first f1 race I watched was this seasons azerbaijan race. And I like the halos

I'm thinking about grabbing this but I'm worried that it'll be a nightmare to drive with a PS4 controller. Anybody have experience with F1 2017 and GT Sport on a controller?

I'm thinking about grabbing this but I'm worried that it'll be a nightmare to drive with a PS4 controller. Anybody have experience with F1 2017 and GT Sport on a controller?
I haven the played F1 2017 but a friend told me that it plays well with a controller. Bit I'd imagine that it will play better with a wheel.

Might actually pick up this years edition of Formula 1.

Skipped quite a few years, and just looking at the last iterations, this year looks to a good year to pick it up.

If I were to purchase it, it would be for the PC platform to use my G27 and higher frame rates. :P

Both F1 2017 and GT Sport are great to play with a controller, F1 2017 probably even more so. It has such an approachable way of handling using a controller, one of the best I’ve played racing game wise. Plus there’s the games assists which you can customise such as ABS and Traction Control to make the experience as comfortable or as difficult as you like.
Haven’t delved too deeply into GT Sport but what I have played of it using a controller felt very natural and comfortable :)

Might actually pick up this years edition of Formula 1.

Skipped quite a few years, and just looking at the last iterations, this year looks to a good year to pick it up.

If I were to purchase it, it would be for the PC platform to use my G27 and higher frame rates. :P
F1-17 is truly an amazing game and anybody who is a sim racer and is an F1 fan, is crazy to not have it.. It's that good.

But, why do you say you need to use your PC for G27.. I use my G27 on my PC and my PS4 Pro. Drive Hub mate :).

I’m hoping Codemasters have found a way of implementing the new graphics options of ‘Onrush’ into their other games such as F1 2018, DiRT etc.
Onrush gives players the options of choosing between 4K visuals or locked 60fps. Even on the base PS4 it seems they’ve managed to implement something similar giving players the option to ‘prioritise frame rate’ or ‘prioritise resolution’.

deal breakers

1: Will it have decent physics and FFB like a proper sim (AC, PC2, RF2 etc.)
2: VR? Its the future, near all racing games that come out nowadays have VR, be very shocked if they don't support it.

I doubt it'll have more sim-like physics They still need to aim for the masses in terms of sales, so making it super hardcore would only shrink their intake of sales.

As for classic cars, I'll always be up for trying to wheel a Lotus 49 C.

Way way classic!

More classics coming okay just give me more Ferraris, Mclarens and a BMW Williams. I don't mind a BAR, Honda, Toyota or a Jaguar F1 car perhaps a Ligier would also be nice too.

I got F1 2016 but due to time restraints never got F1 2017. I might get F1 2018 though and the best thing about it hasn’t even been mentioned yet, circuit Paul Ricard should make its debut to the series! :) The Hockenheimring returns to the calendar as well compared to 2017 but sadly the beautiful Malaysian GP at Sepang circuit is not on the calendar anymore. So 2018 has 21 circuits where 2017 had 20. With the introduction of alternative circuits who knows Codemasters might keep the Sepang circuit in the game for the invitational events, if track licensing allows that. I sure hope Sepang can stay in the game for 2018.

I hope they give an option to remove Halo on 2018 F1 cars....

Unfortunately I highly doubt they’ll allow it to be removed as it’s now part of the official cars and looks here to stay.
The only thing we can hope for is perhaps a transparent/shadowed look from cockpit view to simulate how it looks in real life. Much like putting your finger in front of your eyes and looking beyond it.

F1-17 is truly an amazing game and anybody who is a sim racer and is an F1 fan, is crazy to not have it.. It's that good.

But, why do you say you need to use your PC for G27.. I use my G27 on my PC and my PS4 Pro. Drive Hub mate :).
Frame rates mate. :lol:

And yes, I use my G27 on my PS4Pro aswell on GT Sport.

Very true. For many years the F1 games have suffered really bad from stuttering and screen tearing. Going on some of the new graphic settings Onrush has which allows players to choose between “prioritise framerates” and “prioritise resolution”, I know it’s not conclusive but I really hope they’ve finally managed to address the graphic issues of the F1 games :)

I got F1 17 a few weeks back, i thought i would give the demo a go and i was taken back with it. The last good F1 game imo was Geoff Crammonds but this is up there, Will jump on 18 when it arrives.

Latest Posts

Back