F1 2018 Will Be the Most Realistic in the Series to Date

If you were to improve just a tiny bit over last year’s game, and the game before that, and the game before that, then yes, it is the most realistic to date.

Another reason why I don’t buy yearly sports games. There’s just gonna another next year that will be even better for another $60.

Codemasters seem to be pretty good at talking up their games, I fell for all the hype on Dirt 4 and it wasn’t a patch on Dirt Rally.

I have just bought F1 2017 and it actually quite good. Will probably get F1 2018 next August IF they have removed that stupid halo.

If you were to improve just a tiny bit over last year’s game, and the game before that, and the game before that, then yes, it is the most realistic to date.

Another reason why I don’t buy yearly sports games. There’s just gonna another next year that will be even better for another $60.

I always thought it would be better to have one game with yearly major dlcs that costs 30 dollars.......but that is a good idea for the consumers not for the publishers

I would much rather have the driving physics be more simulation than tire management. Not to mention the FFB.

My biggest problem with F1 2018 is those STUPID 🤬 HALO'S!!!!!

Oh stop it you tease I am so hyped. Great work by codemasters and can’t wait. Emma is getting sick of me messaging her daily lol. :) thanks gt planet

Wondering if they have managed to improve the input lag. I bought the first two games CM made, but didn't play them much because of it. Haven't tried again since. Anyone know whether they improved this in previous versions already?

Wondering if they have managed to improve the input lag. I bought the first two games CM made, but didn't play them much because of it. Haven't tried again since. Anyone know whether they improved this in previous versions already?

Multiple video sources on YouTube have confirmed the input lag is gone. Lots of credible sources who have been invited to various press events to play the game.

Also I think it's unfair to criticize the physics based on assumptions of codemasters from "what they did or what they said before". Games will always progress and do what they can to become more advanced. They have had access to things this time round that they didn't have before such as actual data from F1 on aero, drag and engine power and how the systems work on the car. It's all been theoretical before now. But if you all watched the video you'd know that right? ;)

Also the halo criticism is boring now. Codemasters can't do anything about it and it's here to stay so everyone just needs to accept it and move on.

Cool. What video is that? Link?

Like I said, multiple sources from Aarava, Tiametmarduk, outside Xbox, SIM racing paddock etc. Lots of the videos from the recent events they did. I'll try go back through my YouTube history and pick a few out.

Edit: e.g. this video. Nice in depth commentary on the physics and lack of input lag and ffb improvements. Around 4 minutes on for the input lag bit but that whole video is worth a watch.

Last edited:
Like I said, multiple sources from Aarava, Tiametmarduk, outside Xbox, SIM racing paddock etc. Lots of the videos from the recent events they did. I'll try go back through my YouTube history and pick a few out.

Edit: e.g. this video. Nice in depth commentary on the physics and lack of input lag and ffb improvements. Around 4 minutes on for the input lag bit but that whole video is worth a watch.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if I was going to purchase since I have 2017, but this video got me rethinking.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if I was going to purchase since I have 2017, but this video got me rethinking.

Yeah, I was in the same boat, but the noise about this on da interwebs from those who've got a pre release is beginning to convince me that this is a must buy.

Input lag?? Damn I’m playing 2017 and it’s much more responsive than GT Sport and probably Project Car 2!

I’m using a G29.

Is input lag a universal complaint about F1 2017?

Back