F1 2019 General Discussion Thread

More details are out here: http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/04/s...-legends-edition-f2-confirmed-cover-art-more/

In summary:
F2 is in, as known but only the 2018 season at launch. 2019 to follow
2010 McLaren and Ferrari are in as paid extras
1990 Senna/Prost McLaren/Ferraris are in but also paid extras
Loads of extra cost special editions are coming.
Some classic cars have been dropped

It's hard to keep old cars license, that's why you can't buy F1 2013 on steam for example anymore.

Will your strategy get screwed if your driver 2 at Ferrari? That would be super realistic and a day one purchase for me.

Been playing for a few hours with my CSL Elite on the PS4 and man is it nice to get the rumble feedback on both the throttle and brake pedals, so far this is the first game I remember both working with and it’s a nice little touch.

Is the only way to play the Senna/Prost challenges is with the "LEGENDS" Edition version of the game?

FMW
Is the only way to play the Senna/Prost challenges is with the "LEGENDS" Edition version of the game?

I think you can buy the legend content also digitally.

Personally , I wouldn't bother. I consider the physics of tall classics not as good as modelled as the modern F1.

15-20 Euro's for 2 cars is a bit too much anyway.

I got the Anniversary edition yesterday. Looks and feels good.

1 time the ps4 frooze when I was about to select a car for a race.

I'll be doing the full (full length everything) Austria GP this weekend to see how things fair. I may drop the AI by a couple of notches as earlier this week I wasn't getting position where I should have been for the car I was driving, and it's been commented elsewhere that this iteration seems to be a bit more difficult than previously.

Personally , I wouldn't bother. I consider the physics of tall classics not as good as modelled as the modern F1.

Yep, totally agree - 2 cars, a couple of avatars, and a few chase the rabbit scenarios makes this possibly the worst value "Deluxe" edition I've seen so far. Honestly you'd be better off getting the normal edition, and then stuffing the 20 or so Euros into Assetto Corsa Ultimate edition if you haven't already got it, or going for a couple of beers.

I bought the Legends edition, mainly because I buy the deluxe edition of everything normally. Now the €20 is neither here nor there to me, but this is the first time I've actually felt like it's a rip off.

Ah...makes sense. Thanks!

graphics and presentation seems a lot sharper and polished...love the way its the official TV font on the hud now.

I chose Renault as my team for the career - surprised to see that Butler **** in the RB! Love this rival story theyve put in,adds a bit of depth.

Gasly must be annoyed hes not in the career haha.

I mainly bought the Legends Edition because of the 3 days earlier access. The cars are good but I'm disappointed that you don't get to see some real footage and real scenarios that you got to (re)play.

I mainly bought the Legends Edition because of the 3 days earlier access. The cars are good but I'm disappointed that you don't get to see some real footage and real scenarios that you got to (re)play.
I had an F1 game years ago (possibly on GameCube?) that had exactly that - you had real life scenarios from the F1 season you had to re-enact. Not whole races, but was a great addition. Can't for the life of me remember which game that was though..

Using the G29, the steering feels on the heavy side (especially the F2 cars) which I prefer in racing games. I’m no wheel expert but with heavier steering, it feels like there is more range with the FFB effects, making it easier to get a good rhythm.

I play GTS most of the time, but compared to F1 2019, the steering feels super light in the group categories which I am not exactly a fan of. It makes some cars a little unpredictable imo.

Why can’t get PD make the G29 work this well in GTS? :rolleyes:

I chose Renault as my team for the career - surprised to see that Butler **** in the RB! Love this rival story theyve put in,adds a bit of depth.

Gasly must be annoyed hes not in the career haha.
I chose Haas, mostly because I like Magnussen, but then I replace him and get Grosjean for a teammate.

Using the G29, the steering feels on the heavy side (especially the F2 cars) which I prefer in racing games. I’m no wheel expert but with heavier steering, it feels like there is more range with the FFB effects, making it easier to get a good rhythm.

I play GTS most of the time, but compared to F1 2019, the steering feels super light in the group categories which I am not exactly a fan of. It makes some cars a little unpredictable imo.

Why can’t get PD make the G29 work this well in GTS? :rolleyes:

Set it to 40

And the dampend to 2

Feels Pretty good

So which team has the best handling this year? I want to know which I should aim for in career.

So which team has the best handling this year? I want to know which I should aim for in career.
Still early days isn't it? :P

There will probably be alot of patches to balance and tweak things aswell, so you never know.

Still early days isn't it? :P

There will probably be alot of patches to balance and tweak things aswell, so you never know.
Well yes but my career starts now haha. And I want to know which top team I want to aim at signing for.

Mercedes is the fastest car hands down. I do like the multiplayer spec F1 car they have though, it handles very nicely.

Back