F1 2019 General Discussion Thread

Really impressed with it the gameplay is tight if a little easier than F1 W08 on Gt Sport. Have blitzed Austria on both GT Sport and F1 2019 today there is definitely more nuance with GT Sport but F1 2019 is like a comfy old pair of slippers love it

F1 2019 only needs to have three things in it and I will purchase it: mouse support, all button s on my fanatec V2 rim to be mappable and ability to have wheel display and transducers working at thee same time, but as in every other year it does not have any of them so as usual I will pass, pretty crap job by codemasters again!! It really can't be that difficult can it? Just laziness me thinks.

It's F2 after all.

Not like they have the insane aero package that F1 have. :dopey:
I know. I expected there to be less grip overall but i didn't expect the balance to be so understeery. I just can't get on with them. I am at 103 AI on F1 but on F2 I have to drop it to 90, especially for the Austria challenge where I don't get to set the car up.

I know. I expected there to be less grip overall but i didn't expect the balance to be so understeery. I just can't get on with them. I am at 103 AI on F1 but on F2 I have to drop it to 90, especially for the Austria challenge where I don't get to set the car up.

Just pretend to be Max Verstappen ;)

Got my A-Level Safety Rating :)

The Ranked Lobbies don’t seem too bad on Xbox. Opening laps a little scruffy but clean racing thereafter.

Upping my Skill Rating will be hard though, I’m at around 1450 right now.

Hi does anyone have some good wheel settings for a t500rs in this game on PS4
Really not enjoying the feel of the steering at the moment in this game and really wanna get into it

Spend some time with the classics. Contrary to 2018 I think Codemasters improved the handling of the classics.

So at some point I will splash out 15 Euros on the two remaining cars. :)

Same here.

Went from 100 to 85 (though 85 was a breeze).

I think we're just spoiled and used to the F1 in 2018 and now 2019. :sly:

But on the other hand, im glad the F2 introduction is as short as it is. Was a pleasure to step into the Williams. :lol:

The step from F2 to F1 is enormous. After 9/12 rounds in F2 so far, I jumped into time attack in the Renault and man, F1 cars are fast, twitchy and grippy.

Having F2 in the game really helps deliver that speed differential.

F1 career mode, loving it! Career mode will be probably 80% of my game time on F1. Graphics are definitely and improvement on last year.

Online/Multiplayer - not sold on this yet and I'll call out straight up that my lap times on DS4 are easily 2/3secs slower than the fast guys, seems like some crazy lag from players which makes things annoying with cars ghosting in and out and jumping all over track, plus the lobbies. It's odd how I wish for the penalties system of GTSport :embarrassed: because quite frankly it's diabolical in multi-player at the moment for me at least

Spend some time with the classics. Contrary to 2018 I think Codemasters improved the handling of the classics.

So at some point I will splash out 15 Euros on the two remaining cars. :)
My first race on F1 2019 was a 71 lap race of Interlagos in the 1979 Ferrari and it felt way better than in 2018. Was able to push the car way more and was able to have a great battle for 3rd up until the end despite being on very worn tyres with a 1 stop strategy

Just got to F1 in career and the F2 cars are completely different from F1 but still a lot of fun to drive. Got good results in all the F2 events but P3 at Yas Marina still wasn’t enough to beat Butler, although my team still got the Teams Championship. Signed with Mercedes and Butlers in the Ferrari while Weber is in a Red Bull.

Now that the ballast position is no longer a factor. What can people suggest to reduce understeer?

Slower corner entry and mid corner speed. :D
:lol: This is the reason I am half a second off the pace of what I am usually.
Seriously though it's annoying me. I had it perfectly set up in 2018 for every circuit and now they take that away I am back to square 1.

And this in turn makes me feel bad so I don't play. Like other than this it's the best f1 game ever and atm I have wasted £40 because I am silly and won't play when I am slower than I should be. :lol:

People have suggested increasing the rear suspension and tyre pressures but I found that can give me awful corner exit and leave me a sitting duck down the straights.

Last edited:
I’ve done career in pretty much every F1 game but i’ve never went down the Red Bull route. Started with STR and the car handles very nicely.

Check out www.f1carsetup.com if you need setups for certain tracks. I just use a catalunya setup and change the aero from race to race.

Did my first ranked races today, both were pretty chaotic. Got 2nd in the first one somehow, in the second I got blatantly taken out by someone for having the nerve to try and pass him, oh well.

Wish we had a livery editor like GTS, but they decided the micro transactions are better I guess.

Slower corner entry and mid corner speed. :D

Bahrain GP taught me this harshly, anyone who has trouble with understeer should take time hotlapping around there to understand how differently you are meant to treat a slow or medium corner in order to be fast

Anybody else struggling with the tyre wear programs in career mode and struggling to get into green even with TCS? Never had any issues with the previous two games. Using a DS4 BTW

Anybody else struggling with the tyre wear programs in career mode and struggling to get into green even with TCS? Never had any issues with the previous two games. Using a DS4 BTW

In my first carreer weekend, I managed that part just fine.

This game is starting to drive me up the wall.

First of all, I'm loading a career save and I get thrown into replay mode? And worst of all, I can't get out of it cause the Esc button doesn't work. Anybody experienced this? I'm on PC.

Second of all, is there any way to skip intros and talky talky? I'm pressing just about all buttons in existence but nope.

This game is starting to drive me up the wall.

First of all, I'm loading a career save and I get thrown into replay mode? And worst of all, I can't get out of it cause the Esc button doesn't work. Anybody experienced this? I'm on PC.

Second of all, is there any way to skip intros and talky talky? I'm pressing just about all buttons in existence but nope.

Usually if you mid race save yes it will launch into replay mode and you effectively "flashback" into the race. For me A skips most of everything on Xbox so maybe check your mapping?

Back