F1 2020 Reveals More Details on Features: F2 Events, Custom UI, Classic F1 Cars

The ability to customize our HUD's (like pCARS) is a pretty neat addition.

The new Virtual Rear View Mirror should also help especially, for those who don't use the True Cockpit View ;).

However, what really bothers me is this - "Codemasters has simplified the ERS system to make it a single-button operation."

I hope that there's an option to un-dumby the ERS to have it like it already is in F1 19's Manual ERS Setting.

I was hoping that this part of the game would have the option of being more complex but, like some other Games due to come out from this Company, it looks like they are simplifying things instead :indiff:.

Dammit. Missed the 10% off, wish you’d posted this a day ago let’s see what this my team is about, enjoyed the racing from 2019 so hopefully this is on par or slightly better. Like the one touch ers which is probably scrolling through rather than up the down again during corners! Bring on 7-7, 3 days early

Has anyone heard, or read, any improvements to the online portion of the game?

Specifically around the availability of full race replays from league races? The theatre mode 'highlights' often miss some key parts of races.

I hope that there's an option to un-dumby the ERS to have it like it already is in F1 19's Manual ERS Setting.

I was hoping that this part of the game would have the option of being more complex but, like some other Games due to come out from this Company, it looks like they are simplifying things instead :indiff:.
This was done because F1 drivers who had played the game mentioned that it's all automated now, there's no manual adjustment anymore - so it's actually a step forward in terms of realism (and honestly, I welcome it, I was alright with manual ERS but man it got tiring having to adjust it every. single. lap).

However, what really bothers me is this - "Codemasters has simplified the ERS system to make it a single-button operation."

I should imagine you will be able to map buttons as you wish on an advanced wheel set up, this sounds like a controller concession (the mfd is quite effective on the pad but even so its hard not crash unless you have a monster straight lol). Its mad to think the drivers get so comfortable with their set ups they can juggle all these options whilst doing 200mph.

On a side note so delighted f1 is back this weekend, dusted of the game and put some laps around the red bull ring to get in the mood for it ;-)

I should imagine you will be able to map buttons as you wish on an advanced wheel set up, this sounds like a controller concession (the mfd is quite effective on the pad but even so its hard not crash unless you have a monster straight lol). Its mad to think the drivers get so comfortable with their set ups they can juggle all these options whilst doing 200mph.

On a side note so delighted f1 is back this weekend, dusted of the game and put some laps around the red bull ring to get in the mood for it ;-)
Oh I think you misunderstood my post mate.

I already, do map all of the buttons on my T300 and on my Keyboard via PS4.

I'm dissapointed that I will have less to do in F1 2020, not more.

I am super excited as well and can't wait to kick back on my recliner and finally watch FP1 tommorrow :cheers:.

Funny thing is, my only two organized leagues that I am in Sim Racing nowadays is on F1 19 and pCARS 2. Somehow, Red Bull Ring landed on both league's schedules this week :lol:.
Dammit. Missed the 10% off, wish you’d posted this a day ago let’s see what this my team is about, enjoyed the racing from 2019 so hopefully this is on par or slightly better. Like the one touch ers which is probably scrolling through rather than up the down again during corners! Bring on 7-7, 3 days early
I could have sworn that the Sale/Promotion for the Shumi Copy was honored till July 7th but, I could be wrong. Remember, we have to order through the F1 19 Game in order to get the 10% off.

The reason I haven't gotten it yet is because, I've been waiting on Fanatec to send me a Game Key for their - Buy any Wheel and get a Copy of F1 2020 Promotion. Which now looks like they won't be able to give out any PS4 Copies at all and, will have to settle for a PC Copy. It stinks for me because, I still will need a PS4 Copy and I was hoping to take advantage of the Shumi Deal.

Has anyone heard, or read, any improvements to the online portion of the game?

Specifically around the availability of full race replays from league races? The theatre mode 'highlights' often miss some key parts of races.
I agree, as this is one of the most critical parts of the Game for me as I spend most of my time playing in Leagues and, Practicing for those Races in between.

This was done because F1 drivers who had played the game mentioned that it's all automated now, there's no manual adjustment anymore - so it's actually a step forward in terms of realism (and honestly, I welcome it, I was alright with manual ERS but man it got tiring having to adjust it every. single. lap).
Wow, if that's the case then I guess I couldn't complain much about it. For as much as I LOVE the game within the Race and, the dynamic that has added to the excitement of the Races by managing ERS, from corner to corner, I'd have to agree with you that realism is paramount to the experience.

I still think you’ll need to change ers, every single corner, but it might be easier to scroll through it 5 times rather than remember where it is in the first place, then look and miss your braking zone and go up or down 5 times :)

I still think you’ll need to change ers, every single corner but it might be easier to scroll through it 5 times rather than remember where it is in the first, then look and miss your braking zone and go up or down 5 times :)
There is no option to scroll anymore I don't believe, it's all automated as it is IRL.

Honestly I'm really wondering why I should bother buy F1 2020. It's not going to mirror the 2020 season (what season?) anyway, and when things do start in real life it potentially won't have the tracks that they run on.

The only reason I can think of that would encourage me to buy it is if they backtracked on VR and decided to include it - which isn't going to happen.

Well I have to say this article gave me full reason to actually play F1 2020 from release date! 👍

Full F2 season possible, unlock customisation items for your driver and car plus automated ERS that's mapped to a single button should mean I get up to speed with the game fairly quickly plus I can finally challenge friends to a league in F1 since I have two other friends that also are awaiting their pre-order download/copy to arrive!

Roll on Tuesday when the Schumacher edition arrives!

Ever since f1 2011 I've been hoping for classic cars to be a standard part of the series. I'm glad it finally is though it is a bummer when the roster loses cars. My idea originally was to have the modern f1 car and a full season with a classic season. Just 1 season but more tracks so it would be cool. I do Like how it is now though

Think I'll pass, looks even more arcadey and full of gimmicks than ever, am surprised they don't have Mario kart cars in it as well or banana skins, I can't believe one of the new features they are spruiking is a virtual mirror, whoopdy effn doo.
How about actual manual pit stops, every other Sim in the market seems to be able to manage it, and has for a long time. Or how about getting rid of the ridiculous haze effect, it is way overdone, never seen it like that in a real race, ever. How about making the car setup a bit deeper too, does t have to be full Sim bit it has really been dumbed down for so many years now. I guess they are pandering to the masses for most sales, these games moved away from being sim related many many years ago, maybe after F1 Challenge.

Last edited:
Well 1 day to go until release get's activated, really enthused to actually play this game after Sunday's actual F1 2020 race

The previous comment about this game feeling arcade seems a bit harsh in my opinion, granted it has moved away from being a full sim but it does the job of recreating the Formula 1 season, I mean everything we see in the races is still present in some form and I actually played two championship races in my career in 2019 version of the game and was surprised at my good results given I have not played an F1 game since before 2015. (6th and a Win were the results btw).

Fingers crossed my post delivers on time tomorrow!

Do you have a source for this denial? I couldn't find any info on the internet about TBA 2020 season circuits

Saw it on Reddit (or here ? Anyway). It takes a ****ing lot of time to make a track, a year worth of work if I recall correctly - it's not in their immediate plans (if at all). They just made the season (and tracks) as it should've happened without COVID-19.

Do you have a source for this denial? I couldn't find any info on the internet about TBA 2020 season circuits

There's plenty comments from Codemasters within their forums and social media. Tracks take around a year of man hours to create from scratch. So Algarve, Mugelpo, Imola will just simply be a no go. Hockenheim could be a possibility as it was in 2019, but would still need tweaking to fit.

The previous comment about this game feeling arcade seems a bit harsh in my opinion, granted it has moved away from being a full sim but it does the job of recreating the Formula 1 season, I mean everything we see in the races is still present in some form and I actually played two championship races in my career in 2019 version of the game and was surprised at my good results given I have not played an F1 game since before 2015. (6th and a Win were the results btw)!

I dont think they've ever aimed for full sim. However I think the comments come off the back of 2020 having more aero and mechanical grip than before which can make it feel easier. They changed it after feedback from the F1 drivers themselves saying the cars have way more grip in real life. Some actually likened the medium TC setting in F1 2019 as being more representative of the real life grip level in terms of throttle application. Codemaster's have always done well at making the F1 cars feel like you think they should in your head, without necessarily being the most realistic game. Its a good balance they have.

The reviews are pouring in, very good scores so far if they're your sort of thing, metacritic showing 90 average on Xbox (8 reviews) and 86 on PS4 (14 reviews). All applauding the racing action and F1 authenticity, and all have said MyTeam is incredible. One review even said MyTeam could stand on its own as a game.

The reviews are pouring in, very good scores so far if they're your sort of thing, metacritic showing 90 average on Xbox (8 reviews) and 86 on PS4 (14 reviews). All applauding the racing action and F1 authenticity, and all have said MyTeam is incredible. One review even said MyTeam could stand on its own as a game.

That's good to hear! 👍

The main thing I'll be doing first is having a look at My Team I think before I actually settle down into the game career mode itself but can't wait for the end of work tomorrow so I can start to play.

Saw it on Reddit (or here ? Anyway). It takes a ****ing lot of time to make a track, a year worth of work if I recall correctly - it's not in their immediate plans (if at all). They just made the season (and tracks) as it should've happened without COVID-19.

I wonder if they can use the Project Cars versions (Codemasters now owns the Project Cars series) of those circuits and get them added in a much smaller timeframe.

A new circuit probably won't sell enough extra copies to be worth the effort - particularly when it's likely that any of the new circuits won't ever get used again beyond 2020

Very interested in the classic car feature and hoping a wide range of years are represented.
As the embargo has lifted:

Benetton B194 1994*
Benetton B195 1995*
Brawn GP BGP-001 2009
Ferrari F1-90 1990
Ferrari F1-2000 2000*
Ferrari F2004 2004*
Ferrari F2007 2007
Ferrari F10 2010
Jordan 191 1991*
McLaren MP4/4 1988
McLaren MP4/5B 1990
McLaren MP4/6 1991
McLaren MP4-13 1998
McLaren MP4-23 2008
McLaren MP4-25 2010
Red Bull Racing RB6 2010
Renault R26 2006
Williams FW14B 1992
Williams FW18 1996
Williams FW25 2003

Some of those are Schumacher Edition cars, and I've marked them with asterisks.

Back