F1 2020 Videos

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 25 comments

Scaff

United Kingdom
He/Him
ScaffUK
Let's kick off a videos thread with my first thoughts on F1 2020, with a look at the V1.03 livery changes and hot laps with the Mercedes W11 at Silverstone and the Jordan 191 at the Red Bull Ring.

Clean looking livery, almost a blend of their 1999 and 2001 liveries.
Thanks, quite pleased how it turned out, Colours were inspired by the Ragno livery they had and this Arrows T-Shirt I have.

Arrows.jpg

Just remembered to check and it is set to the default 360, does have an in GA,e option to set it between 180 and 540 degrees.
Woah finally, at long last they didn't hard-coded the game at 360º only, and this is good news indeed.

Is this year edition worth the money then after so many years?, what are your final thoughts on this game after these days playing?

Btw after some researching and watching some videos, regarding the steering racks of these cars, I think I can safely say that it is 420º mostly (most tracks), and in Monaco they seem to go for the 480º mark max (apparently 520º has been used before too because of that laughable hairpin at the Hotel). Try those settings now that we can do it in the game at long last. You should feel somewhat of an improvement as long as the handling feels authentic.

Woah finally, at long last they didn't hard-coded the game at 360º only, and this is good news indeed.

Is this year edition worth the money then after so many years?, what are your final thoughts on this game after these days playing?

Btw after some researching and watching some videos, regarding the steering racks of these cars, I think I can safely say that it is 420º mostly (most tracks), and in Monaco they seem to go for the 480º mark max (apparently 520º has been used before too because of that laughable hairpin at the Hotel). Try those settings now that we can do it in the game at long last. You should feel somewhat of an improvement as long as the handling feels authentic.
Personally I think it's well worth the money, a lot of content (F2 is a worthwhile inclusion and they will be releasing its years' cars as well in a future DLC), the My Team option is good if you want to manage the team as well as drive and the physics and handling, while still not a sim are more than deep and convincing enough. They have over the years gone the whole hog in bringing as much of the feel of being in the seat as they can into the title and this years really does feel like they have brought it all together, from the use of the paddle on a wheel as a manual clutch at the start, formation laps, to 'Jeff' the engineer being a pain in the arse and needing to be told to shut-up.

Personally I run between 360 and 420 depending on the track and am finding that works well for myself.

I wanted to see how the casual options worked on F1 2020 for someone new to racing titles, so I fired up a gamepad, got drunk and took the W11 around Monaco!

However, being serious, F1 2020 is a lesson to all devs in how you make a title that appeals to a massive cross-section of people who are interested in getting into sim racing, it's the first title that I can recall that manages to truly span the gap from being accessible to those who love F1 but have never played a video game before, right up to being able to be used as a competitive eSport platform. Others have come close, but F1 2020 manages it without feeling like you are not a factor when it comes to having all the accessibility options switched on.

Blindingly obvious note: I got drunk and played a video game, don't get drunk and drive a real car!

I wanted to see how the casual options worked on F1 2020 for someone new to racing titles, so I fired up a gamepad, got drunk and took the W11 around Monaco!

However, being serious, F1 2020 is a lesson to all devs in how you make a title that appeals to a massive cross-section of people who are interested in getting into sim racing, it's the first title that I can recall that manages to truly span the gap from being accessible to those who love F1 but have never played a video game before, right up to being able to be used as a competitive eSport platform. Others have come close, but F1 2020 manages it without feeling like you are not a factor when it comes to having all the accessibility options switched on.

Blindingly obvious note: I got drunk and played a video game, don't get drunk and drive a real car!

Its a fantastic mode. I gave it to my wife, who doesn't game, during the beta test and she banged out 6 decent laps of Austria. Her only complaint was that the step then to standard is too big, there isn't an option to start reducing the brake assist while retaining the other casual elements.

But I agree its a fantastic addition.

And here I drink for your sincerity heheh. Now I'm drunk too, and regardless I'm doing my best to believe you (I'm one of those, probably like you, who follow this series from the beginning and..., heheh you know), but you have definitely convinced me. All I needed was to be drunk too man!!, you see!, the problem ain't ya but the series and its curricula. I know I explained myself enough now.

Hahhh thanks for your sincere review now seriously. But i tell you. You know understand the level of confidence I'm having on you, sir. So, If I spend those damn €60 only to find out it is the same yearly **** I have been witnessing over and over again..., I will eat you, you understand that?

:) Kudos to that last review of yours. Having been drunk, even more admitting it, has been the best thing I've see here brother. This post of yours was worth my time. Please more of that on the following releases.

But don't reach Ian's levels hehehehh

I haven't played casual mode but my wheel was packed up for the 1st week or so and I played with a controller and this is the best racing game I have played with a controller. That said, once I hooked up my wheel it was like a completely new experience. I think that Codemasters hit it out of the park with this game tbh.

I haven't played casual mode but my wheel was packed up for the 1st week or so and I played with a controller and this is the best racing game I have played with a controller. That said, once I hooked up my wheel it was like a completely new experience. I think that Codemasters hit it out of the park with this game tbh.
Yep, 100% agree, its a benchmark in terms of accessibility.

Finally decided to take a break from My Team, and try out a ranked race. First time doing a race online in F1 2020, and had a brain fart on what button on my wheel was for the clutch. So that's the reason for the crappy start. :banghead: Also, have my video zoomed in from my 32:9 aspec ratio as I was having issues with exporting 32:9 in Openshot, so I used Resolve 16 instead.
Edit: Found a program that'll just cut the larger video for me that'll keep my aspect ratio. Just need to see how the quality looks after it's done processing.

Edit: Did a second race online, and this time I remember to map my Clutch for the start. Also it was a decent race, and pretty behaved from my position, compared to what I see from other people's experiences. Definitely need to spend more time with setups, as I just normal pick one of the defaults and run with it.

Last edited:
Back