F1 2020

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer

Hyyyype.

July 10th launch. Looks like a brand new career mode concept as well with team creation. Michael Schimacher deluxe edition.

F120_Thumbnail_AnnounceTrailer_Article.jpg

BE THE ELEVENTH TEAM ON THE GRID IN F1® 2020
F1 2020 | APRIL 15TH, 2020

Celebrate the 70th Anniversary of F1® with New Circuits, Split-Screen, and Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition

Codemasters® today announced that F1® 2020, the official videogame of the 2020 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, will release worldwide on Friday 10th July 2020 for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, Windows PC (DVD and via Steam), and, for the first time, Google Stadia. In the season where Lewis Hamilton can equal the World Championship record of seven wins, Codemasters celebrates the career of the current holder with a Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition which comes with exclusive content and three days early access. The Announcement trailer can be viewed here:

In a series of firsts for the F1® franchise, F1® 2020 offers ‘My Team’. This major new game mode allows players to create their F1® team and take their place alongside the established 2020 line-up, with a new driver-manager experience offering a unique insight into the world of F1®.

My Team and the well-established and critically acclaimed Career mode will allow players more flexibility with the choice of three season lengths. Players can choose from the original full 22 race season, and shorter 10 and 16 race season options, which now includes Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort.

For social play with friends, two-player split-screen makes its welcome return, alongside a host of new options designed to help new players and adjust the F1® challenge to match their expertise. These modes are in addition to the core F1® and F2™ racing experiences which remain as challenging as ever for those who love the intensity of simulation racing.

Fans who purchase the F1® 2020 Deluxe Schumacher Edition will get to drive as the legendary German driver Michael Schumacher in four of his most iconic cars. Players will also receive exclusive content including themed car liveries and driver customisation items, including a unique podium celebration. The four cars included in the F1® 2020 Deluxe Schumacher Edition are:

• 1991: Jordan 191
• 1994: Benetton B194
• 1995: Benetton B195
• 2000: Ferrari F1-2000

Additionally, to celebrate the Seventieth Anniversary of Formula 1® itself, fans who pre-order or purchase the Schumacher Deluxe Edition or the ‘F1® 2020: F1® Seventy Edition’ will receive an exclusive set of in-game items. A Limited Edition F1® 2020 Steelbook will also be available in local markets via selected retailers.

“F1® 2020 promises to be our biggest and most innovative title to date,” said Paul Jeal, F1® Franchise Director at Codemasters. “Our core players will welcome even greater gameplay depth with the introduction of our brand-new My Team feature, alongside three customisable season lengths which allows them to pick their favour tracks. In the year where Lewis Hamilton is going for his seventh World Championship, we celebrate the greatest F1® driver of all time with our Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition, which we know will prove popular with our community.”

“As huge fans of F1®, we continue to innovate and develop game modes that bring players even closer to the real-world sport,” said Lee Mather, F1® 2019 Game Director at Codemasters. “We’ve also added new modes to enable more casual players to get up to speed more easily, and we’ve brought back split-screen for social play with friends. The additions reduce both the difficulty and time barrier to entry while retaining the car handling that our simulation players love.”

For future news and details on all the new features follow the Formula 1 game website and social channels on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
ALL NEWS
RELATED NEWS

BE THE ELEVENTH TEAM ON THE GRID IN F1® 2020
APRIL 15TH, 2020

Celebrate the 70th Anniversary of F1® with New Circuits, Split-Screen, and Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition Codemasters® today announced that F1® 2020, the official videogame of the 2020 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, will release worldwide on Friday 10th July 2020 for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, Windows PC (DVD and via Steam), and, for the first time, Google Stadia. In the season

Last edited:
Well ain't this a typical moment in video games!

I've bought the franchise since 2018 and was thinking I might take a year out because I've never really settled into the games but the My Team feature and new career mode sound like it might be worthwhile making the purchase and of course a Michael Schumacher edition is a strong selling point since he is still my favourite driver of the sport.

So yeah I guess I will be making the Pre-Order very soon and this time I will try to actually play it through and not be distracted by other games!

I am still wondering why they won't add some historic seasons... I would love too see full 1989 grid and race there :( They are only adding single cars from the history of F1...

One of the problems with full classic seasons is that they might not be able to have all of the cars from that year, plus due to licencing or other things they possibly won't be able to put all the circuits in there at there former glory from that year in the game. Yeah they did it for the 2013 game with Brands Hatch, England; Estoril, Portugal; Imola, Italy and Jerez, Spain, putting every circuit from the 89 season is something else

One of the problems with full classic seasons is that they might not be able to have all of the cars from that year, plus due to licencing or other things they possibly won't be able to put all the circuits in there at there former glory from that year in the game. Yeah they did it for the 2013 game with Brands Hatch, England; Estoril, Portugal; Imola, Italy and Jerez, Spain, putting every circuit from the 89 season is something else

Maybe all tracks from 89 is too much to ask, but most of cars etc from it would be great. Even to race on new versions of tracks (and or some old ones)

For this i will probably buy discounted F1 2019

Maybe all tracks from 89 is too much to ask, but most of cars etc from it would be great. Even to race on new versions of tracks (and or some old ones)

For this i will probably buy discounted F1 2019

They sorta do that with F1 2019 (don't know about 2018), the game as a selection of classic cars from 70s to the 2010 redbull car and you can race in mini classic championships around some of the circuits

If they add F3 and their Macau race I might be tempted.

Being an F1 game this will never happen.

New My team mode - An immersive driving game, players can now create their own F1 team. - Create a driver, then choose a sponsor, an engine supplier, hire a teammate and compete as the 11th team on the grid. - Build facilities and develop the team over time and drive to the top.

Why not? We get Moto3 in the MotoGP games.

Different game, different licensing. Probably much cheap and it kind of comes as a package deal. Not to mention every MotoGP game since the dawn of time has had all the grand prix classes. We'll be lucky if we ever get F3 and theres absolutely no hope of getting Macau.

I'd love to see F3 added to give us the "full" career ladder and a part of me still hopes that a second trailer will come out later for F1 2020 teasing F3... Perhaps next year? But I would never expect to see Macau added. As great a track as it is, it just won't happen for a large number of reasons!

I’m quite looking forward to this one. I’ve recently got back into 2019 following the “global situation” and it’s been great fun. I’ve never really pushed myself very far in older titles, mostly just doing half a season in Williams or Alfa and forgetting about them. 2019 with the driver transfers has been really fun though. I got into Ferrari on my second season following my Alfa outing as Leclerc’s number two and Vettel went back to Red Bull to give us a good title fight. It was great fun.

I know it’s way too late to be requesting features, but a fully-fledged F2 career before the F1 drive instead of just the three small events in 2019 would be nice. It would also be nice if F2 AI drivers could finally move up into F1 in subsequent seasons.

I’m looking forward to the new teams feature. I hope there’s a few pre-selected team names to choose from so you aren’t known simply as “the team” from the announcers. I also hope there are decent customization options such as livery templates and sponsor packages available for the car.

It seems like the embargo was lifted and all the major YouTubers have released their content

Here are things they mentioned in their videos:

Drivers no longer control ERS, it auto deploys. There's now an overtake button to override the ERS.

Zandvoort track was made with CAD and LIDAR data from the government and is the most accurate track in the game. Hopefully they fix Spa at some point. When they were making Hanoi, the layout wasn't confirmed yet so they had to build small sections that were confirmed.

There's now a virtual mirror (finally!).

Car data is based on pre-season testing and old data. They will update the car data as more data is collected.

F1 drivers can retire. F2 drivers can replace them. Drivers will only move to a team if the team is attractive to them.

My Team sponsors will all be fictional. When starting a new team you have to select a primary sponsor, choose a power unit, and choose your teammate. Choose a livery, similar to how the online car was like in 2019. You earn money to get better teammate and upgrade HQ.

You can choose from all F1 and F2 drivers. There's a driver market and sort of like an auction system to buy them. Salary negotiation, buy out contracts, etc.

R&D is updated in a way where if your My Team is using a Mercedes power unit and Mercedes has upgraded their global power unit, you'll also get that upgrade.

Will Buxton will replace Claire as the representative for the press and will interview you. Rivals are based on interview answers.

There's a timeline/calendar where you can choose to do things before the race (i.e. merch sale, ad campaign driver tour, driver training, aero improvement, etc.). From this you can generate resources and/or funs. AI teams will simulate this in the background too.

If you don't have enough funds you will be given a default driver.

There are 6 R&D departments. 4 are the same as the last game. The two new ones are personnel (fitness center, simulator, etc) and marketing (sponsors). There'll be a weekly R&D and running cost. In R&D, you can choose to do a rush development where it'll be made faster but more likely to fail.

You can play a full F2 career before F1. There's no more F2 story mode like 2019.

Q&A with Codemasters F1 Game Director Lee Mather from the press event

My Team info from the press event

Normal career (different from My Team) info from press event

Raw gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOxaaSlJsA

I don't want to sell merchandise. I want to race.

Just do a driver career then 👍 It is good that they are trying to cater to everyone's different needs and just adding things like this as an option. Some people want more of the F2 within the career, others wanted less. So the options are there now to do none, half or a full season.

It seems like it only wants publicity from influencers...
There's other sources too, I just happened to go for videos first as I'm more of a visual learner and prefer content that way.

If you prefer reading articles over videos, here's some good sources:

https://www.gtplanet.net/f1-2020-new-details-how-myteam-works-handling-model-updates-and-more/

Most of these have the same info since: 1. they're the same game and 2. they all "went" to the same press event

https://www.racefans.net/2020/05/13/f1-2020-first-play-whats-new-and-what-weve-tested-so-far/

https://www.ign.com/articles/f1-2020s-new-my-team-mode-is-absolutely-enormous

https://www.pcgamer.com/f1-2020-is-...rritory-with-a-new-team-building-career-mode/

https://wccftech.com/f1-2020-preview/

Yes, can I not promote the website I'm currently on?
Of course, it just seems odd to draw my attention to it.

You also slightly missed my point. Getting all the influencers to play a hands-on with a preview build - under embargo, of course, so they all reveal it at the exact same moment - makes it appear like Codies only wants the publicity and not, for a rough example, the scrutiny of journalists. That would, if true, make a journalist, and any sensible member of the gaming public, a little suspicious...

Of course, it just seems odd to draw my attention to it.
Ah, sorry, I was just posting it for everyone to use as a source rather than drawing specifically your attention to it

You also slightly missed my point. Getting all the influencers to play a hands-on with a preview build - under embargo, of course, so they all reveal it at the exact same moment - makes it appear like Codies only wants the publicity and not, for a rough example, the scrutiny of journalists. That would, if true, make a journalist, and any sensible member of the gaming public, a little suspicious...
To be honest, I do think it was mostly for publicity. The game's still in a pre-release state. Major changes are probably still coming. However, actual game journalists were invited to the press event too and I'm sure they're free to scrutinize the game as much as they like. Influencers are also free to scrutinize the game, but to what degree will depend on what sort of content they want to produce and their integrity. Again, it is still a preview build of the game so any major scrutiny would be unfair, imo. Jimmy Broadbent's video seems to be a pretty fair assessment of the state of the game when compared to older games.

Also I don't mind them unveiling their content all at the same time from an embargo and I don't think it necessarily raises any suspicion. I'm sure you're aware of the point of an embargo since I'm sure GTPlanet has received amd abided to plenty of embargo requests

Lots of good info. I'm glad they've ditched the god awful ERS manual mode stuff. Overtake button will be much more useful. MyTeam sounds awesome, nice and in depth although nothing about whether you can do an F2 season ahead of that as well or just driver career.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/05/14...ers-make-massive-gains-with-f1-2020s-realism/

As many F1 drivers are playing the championship’s official game more regularly as part of the Virtual Grand Prix series, Codemasters have used the opportunity to gather more information about how their virtual F1 cars compare to the real-world counterparts.

This has led to changes in the handling of the cars, the Energy Recovery System and even the reproductions of the circuits, Codemasters’ Formula 1 director Lee Mather explained.

“We get feedback from the drivers quite regularly,” he said. “Normally when we get together with the drivers at events they’ll come and talk to us. Obviously at the moment we’ve got more drivers than ever playing the game on a regular basis so the level of feedback that we’re getting now is probably greater than we’ve ever had.”

One noticeable change in the upcoming new edition of the game, which RaceFans has played a preview version of, is an overhaul of the Energy Recovery System. This was prompted by feedback Norris gave them at an F1 Esports event.

“He was saying ‘your ERS deployment stuff is too complicated'” Mather explained. “He said ‘That’s not what we do, we don’t have to worry about that. The teams create a map for the car and then they tell me where I’ve got the overtake and when I haven’t got the overtake and I can use the additional power.'

“The other day we heard Charles [Leclerc] comment on the end sector at Catalunya, how the circuit wasn’t 100 percent correct. We’d actually already made those changes in 2020, we were aware that there was an issue with some of the height deviation.

Something that we’ve really taken on board by watching the VGPs [Virtual Grands Prix] has been how they are talking about the traction, the way the traction comes and goes, certainly on acceleration and also how it works in the braking zones. We’re really pleased because we’ve actually made significant changes in those areas this year already.

Those braking distances now are way more realistic, they’re very Formula 1. The traction out the corners, again, is massively improved.

“This isn’t just changes to the tyre model, this is actually inertia changes to the physics: The calculations that we use to calculate the inertia in the wheel of the tyre. Obviously that un-sprung mass is quite heavy and travelling at those speeds it requires a huge amount of force to break it, to slow the car down.”

Intriguingly, one driver told them F1 2019 felt more realistic with the traction control assist switched on.

“The driver feedback was ‘I don’t have the confidence on the throttle that I think I should have’. In fact, some of the feedback we had recently was they say that in a modern Formula 1 car the feeling of getting on the throttle is very similar to how our game in ’19 would have been if you had medium traction control on.

changes that we’ve made this year have bought the game much closer to what the drivers are telling us they experience.”

The team is pleased with the realism gains it has made based on the feedback from drivers.

“How the grip comes and goes, how manageable it is – or how not manageable it is at certain times – how the braking distance is, they don’t feel they’ve got enough traction for the brakes.

“We’ve made massive gains there. It feels grippier, it feels tighter, it feels, as the drivers said, more like a Formula 1 car should.”

With a bunch of real F1 drivers playing the game, they were able to take feedback from them to make the game more realistic. For example Lando Norris told them that ERS is not controlled by the driver. Leclerc mentioned inaccuracies at Catalunya. Other drivers have noted the inaccuracies in traction. The feedback have directly improved the game and should be more accurate now.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/05/14...ers-make-massive-gains-with-f1-2020s-realism/

With a bunch of real F1 drivers playing the game, they were able to take feedback from them to make the game more realistic. For example Lando Norris told them that ERS is not controlled by the driver. Leclerc mentioned inaccuracies at Catalunya. Other drivers have noted the inaccuracies in traction. The feedback have directly improved the game and should be more accurate now.

And people are still criticising all of it. :lol:

I'm really looking forward to it after reading that, if they've improved the traction of the cars and the braking points then the traction assist may finally be turned off.

Back