F1 2021 General Discussion Thread

playing this instead of gt7. I think the graphics apart from the tracks are same as f1 2018, but the physics is better. Cars hold onto the road better. /enjoying it and find it challenging with all aids off

Last edited:
Quick question guys, I just picked this up on gamepass for the series X a few weeks back and upon loading it up last night I had lost my most current save which cost me two races.

Is this a known bug or perhaps something to do with the series X quick resume feature maybe?

Thanks.

Quick question guys, I just picked this up on gamepass for the series X a few weeks back and upon loading it up last night I had lost my most current save which cost me two races.

Is this a known bug or perhaps something to do with the series X quick resume feature maybe?

Thanks.
I had all sorts of issues with quick resume on F1 2021. I just gave up, I'm pretty sure it's a known issue but it's never been fixed and at this stage probably won't be.

I had all sorts of issues with quick resume on F1 2021. I just gave up, I'm pretty sure it's a known issue but it's never been fixed and at this stage probably won't be.
Ok thanks mate.
I'll quit out of the game when I finish my play for the day and not use quick resume and see how that goes.

Just got this on sale, hyped on F1 after watching Drive to Survive on Netflix. I know basically nothing about F1 and have never played an F1 game, tho I did mess around with the F1 car in Gran Turismo 4 way back in the day.

Finished the last few trophies i needed for the Platium. Now, back to playing Gran Turismo and waiting for F1 2022.

7c7788d6863773d7d8da69720ef87467.png

Maybe someone here can help me out.

I’ve turned traction control off recently since I’ve gotten better at throttle management because I started to notice that during some turns the game would not accelerate even though the accelerator was pressed down. I believe the game does this to prevent wheel spin by just not allowing the car to move any faster. You can hear this by engine noise alone too. In any case, I thought it would go away with traction control turned off, but I still notice it on some turns where the game is artificially controlling my acceleration around certain turns.

Is there another setting I need to turn off?
Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:
I would definitely turn 'braking assist' off. Thats just gonna slow you down no matter what.

Anti-lock brakes you can keep on or turn off, thats preference. You will be quicker with practice with it off, but it will take some time to adapt... Im still not quite there yet myself. :lol:

I would also suggest using manual gears and not automatic. But if you can't/won't, its not a big issue.

I will turn bake assist off, and get used to that and then move on to anti lock brakes. I use automatic because I’m on a controller. Eventually I will get another wheel with paddle shifters and then I’ll go manual

@Phoenix
Looks like that solved it!
Seems like braking assist will apply the brakes around corners when the game feels like you will start slipping. I also put the overlay on the screen to see throttle and brake application since I can’t see them in cockpit view, and you can actually see the brake being applied with the assist on. Good ****, thanks man 👏🏼

Last edited:
Back