F1 Caption Game 2018: VOTING - RD21 - Open to Mon 17th Dec 1000 GMTFormula 1 

Voting is now closed! Thanks to everyone who took part, and the result will be posted in the competition thread shortly.

ROUND FIVE

spaind.jpg

f12010spaxp0072.jpg

Round Five - Submitted Entries

A
Ferrari's attempts to make overtaking easier backfire.

B
Ferrari exploring new alternatives after dismissed proposal to align a third car in the championship.

C
In the interview Alonso explains how his comments to Stefano Domenicali that 'I want a car that handles like a roller-coaster by the fifth race' got lost in translation.​

D
In an informal statement today Alonso said "I would like to extinguish any rumours that I was taking any of the Ferrari team for a ride".

E
"Look, guys, I know you said that the entire chassis needed a redesign for the cheater aero like McLaren, but this new version is completely F-duct."

F
So Fernando, how many Ferrari marksmen did it take to puncture Lewis's tyre??

G
Alonso: *Force Push*

H
Felipe: "Can I go with you guys?"

Fernando: "Sorry Felipe, there's a minimum height requirement."

Domenicali: "Yeah, go get me some popcorn."

J
Domenicali: I don't remember anything in your contract about us having to build you a rollercoaster?

Alonso: Rollercoaster? No, no, no. As you can see, this will fit 4 people per car, and we can have up to 6 cars on the track at any one time. Also, the track can be reconfigured to simulate any current or past Formula 1 track. So this is actually a training aid, not a rollercoaster, and Section 4, paragraph 3 of my contract says that all training aids shall be paid for by the team.

Domenicali: Hmmm... ok, but only if I get to ride in front next time.

K
When quizzed by the press after the ride, a queezy Stefano Domenicali didn't elaborate on what he thought of the roller coaster, but Fernando was very impressed, giving it the full 'five vomits.'​

L
Ferrari debuts their newest grip enhancing innovation, Up-stop wheels.

M
"Don't ride this thing. The coaster gets stuck right after Rascasse."

N
Alonso: "Five times he was sick down my back. FIVE times!"​

O
Stefano Domenicalli: "Rob Smedley does so much for the driving for Felipe that we thought we'd keep that in mind when we introduced the next upgrade."

P
The mid-season aero package caught the paddock by surprise. Nobody expected Ferrari to opt for the two-seat approach, either. However, Fernando does report that it handles like it's on rails.

Q
Fernando: No no no no Felipe, the front seat is for world champions only, you can't sit up here.

Stefano: You can come and sit on my lap Felipe baby!

R
So it seems Ferrari failed to consider the risk of decapitation from low lying beams when designing their car. Barcelona could be their Final Destination.

S
They finaly made it back after the engine failed at the top of the loop AGAIN.

T
While Fernando confidently predicts how many races he and Felipe will win this season, Stefano seems to think that all of the Ferrari team have been taken for a ride

U
Alonso points out that he got to fifth gear, while Domenicali sits there wishing that Schumacher was testing the roller coaster instead!!

V
Alonso: "Go away Lewis! I know this thing has 2 front seats and corners like it's on rails, but I've already got a bossy backseat driver and that's more than enough for now!"​

W
Fernando: "That's the third time the Ferrari rollercoaster has stopped today."
Stefano: "Just think yourself lucky that you did not decide to ride on the Sauber rollercoaster. Their front wing fell off again and landed in a local Burger King store."

X
Alonso reaches for the edge of the car to throw up.
Apparently even F1 drivers can get sick on a roller coaster.

Y
ALONSO: Pardon me...would you happen to have any..."Grrreeeeeey Poupan"??

---​

Please see the rules in Post #1 before casting your vote: Remember your vote is final and cannot be edited or changed, otherwise it will be discounted.

Deadline for voting is Monday 17th May 0900 GMT. Good luck! :D

Back