F1 Manager 2022

Full driver ratings, among other things. No surprises that Verstappen and Hamilton are the two highest rated on 90 for both.

Giovinazzi (78), Piastri (75) and Hulkenberg (76) all rated higher than Latifi (73) who is the lowest rated active F1 driver. Vandoorne and Buemi just 1 point off (72). Daruvala (73) highest rated active F2 driver, rated the same as Latifi. Malvestiti (32) lowest rated in the entire game.

Last edited:
Giovinazzi (78), Piastri (75) and Hulkenberg (76) all rated higher than Latifi (73) who is the lowest rated active F1 driver. Vandoorne and Buemi just 1 point off (72). Daruvala (73) highest rated active F2 driver, rated the same as Latifi. Malvestiti (32) lowest rated in the entire game.
Then hiring Malvestiti for Ferrari is on the list of things to do. Massive contract, number 1 driver, lets see how the game reacts.

I do have to wonder how easy it will be to get into the game files and mess with the drivers' roster. No doubt modders will have the game pulled apart at the seams before day one is over, but I would really just like to add in a few recognizable names for kicks.

...okay yeah, I mostly want to have Mahaveer Ragunathan and Taki Inoue end up on the same team. You'd do it too, don't lie.

It's surprising that Doohan is rated higher than Pourchaire.

And 75 is too low for Piastri, imo. 99 or even 100 would be more appropriate. :sly:
...okay yeah, I mostly want to have Mahaveer Ragunathan and Taki Inoue end up on the same team. You'd do it too, don't lie.
:lol:👍

It's surprising that Doohan is rated higher than Pourchaire.

And 75 is too low for Piastri, imo. 99 or even 100 would be more appropriate. :sly:

:lol:👍
Yeah, I guess if they're basing it on general performance, I.e. Pole positions, fastest laps, general race pace etc then I understand why, Jack has had 2 poles, 3 fastest laps and a win this season, Theo has had 2 race wins but has been super consistent where Jack has been unlucky. But obviously based on championship standings, Theo is quite a way ahead.

Great detail here. I love the on board sounds and graphics, it's incredibly realistic. How long into a career it'll keep that wow factor, time will tell, but those opening few race weekends should give us as gamers an incredible experience.

I rarely pre-order games. The last one was RDR2, which tells you have long it's been. :lol: I've made an exception for this one though, very excited for it. First game I've ever pre-ordered digitally as well.

Those driver lineups and ratings look awful. Somehow, Magnussen and Bottas are still in F1 in 2030, at the same team. Oh, and Zhou will become a simply phenomenal driver with a rating of 91. Ofcourse. Sainz is going to magically become just as good as Verstappen, despite being older. And Red Bull will be perfectly fine with having them as team mates again. The only drivers to have entered the sport since 8 years are Drugovich, Pourchaire, Sargeant and Beckmann.

I can't decide which of these two is the worst one: Giovinazzi somehow returning to F1 or Latifi becoming an 11 season veteran.

It's clear that they proritized the GP weekend experience and the game's graphics over stuff like this, but this is absurd. Frontier might be of the opinion that drivers aren't important to a team's performance? Developing drivers seems to be pointless, since apparently literally anyone can somehow become the best driver on the grid, and signing the right drivers shouldn't be all that difficult since the AI seems to be perfectly fine with hiring random low rated drivers forever. Really breaks the immersion for me, I'm sitting this one out.

Those driver lineups and ratings look awful. Somehow, Magnussen and Bottas are still in F1 in 2030, at the same team. Oh, and Zhou will become a simply phenomenal driver with a rating of 91. Ofcourse. Sainz is going to magically become just as good as Verstappen, despite being older. And Red Bull will be perfectly fine with having them as team mates again. The only drivers to have entered the sport since 8 years are Drugovich, Pourchaire, Sargeant and Beckmann.

I can't decide which of these two is the worst one: Giovinazzi somehow returning to F1 or Latifi becoming an 11 season veteran.

It's clear that they proritized the GP weekend experience and the game's graphics over stuff like this, but this is absurd. Frontier might be of the opinion that drivers aren't important to a team's performance? Developing drivers seems to be pointless, since apparently literally anyone can somehow become the best driver on the grid, and signing the right drivers shouldn't be all that difficult since the AI seems to be perfectly fine with hiring random low rated drivers forever. Really breaks the immersion for me, I'm sitting this one out.
It's an early build livestream with some examples of what could happen, wouldn't get too carried away with how inaccurate or wrong you feel it is.

Yeah, the sheer amount of drivers who were rated 90 or higher was a bit ridiculous but if this post is anything to do by, the build of the game they were playing for the stream is old and improvements have been apparently been made.

Last edited:
Yeah, the sheer amount of drivers who were rated 90 or higher was a bit ridiculous but if this post is anything to do by, the build of the game they were playing for the stream is old and improvements have been apparently been made.

Yep, not at all surprising given the work they're putting into this title, and the save they were playing is just one way future seasons could turn out based on actions taken by the player and AI. So it wasn't something I was all that worried about but hysterical reactions are the norm in the F1 gaming world it seems :lol:

Last edited:
Downloaded and ready to go.

20220824130630.jpg

Having completed my first race managing the Haas of Pain (because I figured everyone else is either going to do "I can run Ferrari better than Ferrari" or "Let's actually fix Williams this time, honest"), overall my impression has been mostly positive.

The main thing I like is that the drivers are smart enough to actually conduct a race by themselves. I was eventually turned off from Motorsport Manager because it was almost mandatory to micromanage both cars on a corner-to-corner basis because the drivers wouldn't know how to pass or get clear of traffic unless you specifically ordered them to. Here I was able to leave K-Mag alone for a good 10 laps while I tried to get Mick clear of the Aston Martin rolling roadblocks, and he spent that time duking it out with Lando and Ocon without any real issue. I've never heard Crofty get so excited over a battle for 11th position. :lol:

Other little things that I like are how the game doesn't expect you to remember absolutely everything, like when a driver's pit window comes up it puts a little graph over their infobox that shows you how close they are to the optimal pit lap. That said though, the game also provides you with an absurd amount of data while the race is going on, so don't be surprised if you have to make use of that pause button to process it all.

The only thing that doesn't seem right to me is that when a car locks up or spins it doesn't decrease their tire life any (I guess Pirelli brought some special non-flatspotting tires!), and these errors don't seem to be quite as devastating to track position as they should be... but then again this was at Bahrain which is like 90% runoffs, so maybe that will be different on tracks that have actual gravel traps and grass around them.

Other than some minor graphical oddness which could easily be patched out and some inconsistency with a few voice lines (Mick's race engineer was very obviously a game dev reading lines into a microphone, the difference in quality between that and the sourced in-car audio was kind of jarring), it feels a lot like a much more detailed and in-depth upgrade of Motorsport Manager. It's not perfect, but it's definitely enjoyable if you really want to dig into the Big Data side of F1.

Having completed my first race managing the Haas of Pain (because I figured everyone else is either going to do "I can run Ferrari better than Ferrari" or "Let's actually fix Williams this time, honest"), overall my impression has been mostly positive.
i, too, picked Haas. i tried to extend Schumacher's deal but we ended up going back and forth like 5 times (i wanted higher performance bonuses and a lower salary than he wanted, go figure) and he eventually stopped negotiating. anyway my first race was really much more engrossing than i imagined - i watched most of it on 1/2x speed because i didnt know how much i could trust the settings.... planning and setting up overtakes (that i would eventually give back up later) was a blast, and i ended up manually controlling both drivers most of the race. finished 14/15th, which felt really good... but then i was told i was below expectations??? get out of here. currently in quali for saudi arabia - its really interesting to be debating gambling on tire deg when it comes to these laps.

still am guessing a lot when it comes to reading the field in-race (who's tire deg is where, what my fuel level is like) but this feels like a really good first entry. i had no expectation for the graphics (the dot-player FM games were just as magical as 3D) but they're pretty good.

I am considering this one to see if I can return my local boys to their glory days. Nearly 15 years without a championship is long enough. Will see if virtual McLaren is a better fit for Danny than the real one.

I've gone with McLaren for my first attempt and it's a bit of a slog to start off with. Didn't manage to score any points until Australia. :lol: Got both cars into the back end of top ten (8th & 9th, with the fastest lap) for Imola and got both thru to Q3 for the first time at Miami, after some upgrades. It's starting to look better now. Though I think the board expectation of 4th in the constructors might be a little too ambitious. :lol:

Any one experienced any retirements in races? I've only had VSC a couple of times in practice sessions so far and a red flag once when Gasly binned it in P3 at Miami.

Last edited:
Downloaded myself a copy the other day. Fiddled around with it until I was pretty much overwhelmed by the depth. This is a statisticians wet dream, an RPG for F1 as it were. I would love a strategy guide or a manual to give myself a jump start.

Downloaded myself a copy the other day. Fiddled around with it until I was pretty much overwhelmed by the depth. This is a statisticians wet dream, an RPG for F1 as it were. I would love a strategy guide or a manual to give myself a jump start.
Considering hiring a team of engineers to get the most out of the races :lol:

@Ramuby Thank you for the setup page. I started my weekend at Imola last night using a recommended setup I found on a Steam page, and the driver's feedback was 95% for Albon and 96% for Latiffi after all three practice sessions. When I plug these numbers into the setup calculator, it gives me this readout at the bottom. Does this mean I should aim for setup #4 since most of the values are green?

EDIT: After really looking at the numbers here, red = an increase while green = a decrease. And after actually reading the Steam page, I'll give it a go. lol :dunce:

1662051601892.png

Last edited:
Just started the 2nd season of my McLaren save today. And it's interesting to see some of the driver changes (though maybe not as many as I was expecting). I ended up replacing Ricciardo with Piastri for realism's sake. Dan has ended up back in the Red Bull fold at Alpha Tauri, with Tsunoda going to Haas. Schumacher has moved to Aston Martin alongside Stroll, (you can't say this game isn't realistic lol) and Vettel is at Williams in place of the rolling roadblock Latifi.

Back