F1 question...

  • Thread starter Thread starter 04Nissan350Z
  • 53 comments
  • 4,632 views
anyone know what Formula one car its based of off? :scared:
i heard it was last years williams later season but am unsure i wish it was easier to get the black F1 for 100% game completion :grumpy:
 
hmm well I won the Fuji endurance race last night so I used the R92 and won it easily with upgrades and with RSH tires
 
hork
anyone know what Formula one car its based of off? :scared:
i heard it was last years williams later season but am unsure i wish it was easier to get the black F1 for 100% game completion :grumpy:

A lot of discussion has already been had about this. Try searching next time. The answer that has been arrived at is that it is a hybrid of many cars.
 
I hear alot of talk about how far a car can go between pits at the ring, truth is on a course that long with a pit so awfully short, the pits just don't hurt you as bad as they would on a shorter course with a longer pit. For instance at Infineon you need almost half a lap lead in order to pit and get back out before you loose a position.
 
robtheace
My f1 is holding up fine i think.

Its not so easy to complete the f1 championship using the b-spec driver :( im STUCK! He cant win enough races to win the campionship!

Anyone else experienced this?

I just run the first few pits, and gain a lead that the AI can hold for the second half of the race or so. R3's anger me, though.
 
MJW
I did my 24h race with the Jaguar prototype car.Won by 15 laps from that way to slow BMW M3 GTR.Needed to pit every 4 laps,that was the only bad thing.I just wanted a car that was just a bit faster than the competition (like 10 to 20 seconds per lap).That way I didn`t need to pit that often,so I could have a little sleep.


I used the black special NISSAN R92CP Race Car '92 (on Bspec 3x) and was ahead by 15 laps from the Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 ('89) (came in 2nd).
 
Greengoat
I hear alot of talk about how far a car can go between pits at the ring, truth is on a course that long with a pit so awfully short, the pits just don't hurt you as bad as they would on a shorter course with a longer pit. For instance at Infineon you need almost half a lap lead in order to pit and get back out before you loose a position.

how bout super speedway in gt3? the pit road was a WHOLE LAP almost. That **** drove me crazy. but at least it would come back to bite the AI back when they had to pit too. lol id get like 3 laps just cuz there going 50mph
 
04Nissan350Z
instead of starting a new thread I was wondering, does anyone know a good car to use to wint the "Like the Wind" race? I tried the f1 and it not fast enough.

Use the Minolta car and adjust the downforce in the front all the way up and in the back 3/4 of the way. I also adjusted the transmission higher than for normal tracks so I can get more speed on the straights and not redline.
 
stormtrooper026
Yup but I figured out that if you have him practice the tracks (all of them) in the f1 car he gets way better, My personal Juan Pablo is winning all the races now. What is your B-spec score? Mine is 7000 b-spec points, machine skill 81, track skill 71, & battle skill 73. If your score is too low give him ok cars and just keep making him do races at a track he sucks at until he gets good, He needs lots of points and the best way I have found is to give him heavy cars that only barely exceed the compition. Also unlike A-spec he will earn points for 2nd or 3rd place, I think this is why he has a higher battle skill than track.

Hey StormTrooper, I have to agree with you half-way there. I believe there's more to having your b-spec driver practicing on certain tracks that it can't manage well. I also think the cars have alot to do with the b-spec driver.

For instance, I would use my Mercedes D2 GT car for German Championship race in European events and would finish the races 20+ secs ahead of second place in b-spec mode. I've been racking up mileage on the car and decided to use the Alfa Romeo 155 '93 Touring car in the championship race. What I found was utterly the most disturb driver in the entire racing world. He would run into walls and would exit the turns with the car sideways thus landing it 6th place the entire event. I drove the car around the track and it seemed fine. I tune ALL (including Benz D2 Touring) my cars on how I like to drive them.

Anyhow, I've never seen anything like it. I would like for anyone to please test this out and tell me your experience. Thx.
 
mustang_4_ever
i havnt tried my f1 in along time....some one said there f1 was getting losser in turning :dunce:
Loose=Oversteer
The person at PD who put the stock F1 settings to what they are need to be slaped HARD. One of the most awful ill handeling setups I have ever come across. At high speeds the rear end just want's to whip right around with the slightest turn of the steering wheel, low speeds it isnt bad but since a F1 spends little to no time under 100 mph it kinda make's it pointless for it to have a very low speed setup. Which makes the arcade F1 not one bit fun to drive at all "and the F1's are my favorite"

I love the GT mode F1 alot, with enough setup time you can get it to handle pretty well :)
 
04Nissan350Z
instead of starting a new thread I was wondering, does anyone know a good car to use to wint the "Like the Wind" race? I tried the f1 and it not fast enough.

The Minolta Toyota has done me alot of good for this game. I think if you want to win a long term race, a fully tuned Minolta is the way to go.

Won the 24h race by 34 laps in b-spec.
 
Southern_Dandy
I wish i could do some input into this matter but i am stuck on the car choice for the 24H race to win that o-so-nice F1 car, and with my luck i will win the most ugly one there is... So there probably is a threat for the 24h race but i was just woundering what u used to win it .... :bowdown: :bowdown:

Used the Playstation Pescarolo C60-Judd. Default settings. Overtake on. Pace set to 2 after passing the entire field halfway through first lap. Won by 17 laps. Did all of it in B-Spec.

Now wondering why the F1 is so hot. Not the fastest, most powerful, or the quickest. Hope it handles and races better than what I'm thinking or I'll be highly upset. Lost tons of sleep trying to win this dern automobile.
 
Are the Pascalero cars (SP???) any good? Everytime I raced a race with those in it, they would always fall to the back or something, so I was assumign they weren't all that great compared to the R8 and MINOLTA and stuff.
 
Do the El Capitan endurance race to win the minolta. Any half decent car will win this race no problem. I used a Honda NSX Mobil 1 and won by a fair few laps.

Use the prize money to slap a stage 4 turbo onto the minolta and the 24 n'ring will be easy.

Good luck!

BTW My f1 championship is going ok now! im about equal with the leader in the comp.
 
Did exactly what you said, 18 hours into the 24 hour race b-specing.
 
Good stuff.

update on my progress : :yuck: 12 points behind the leader on race 12. My b-spec driver spun out on the second to last lap and went from 1st to 4th.

Not looking good...

This championship takes so damn long to complete i cant afford to do it all again!
 
3rdgenracerX
Loose=Oversteer
The person at PD who put the stock F1 settings to what they are need to be slaped HARD. One of the most awful ill handeling setups I have ever come across. At high speeds the rear end just want's to whip right around with the slightest turn of the steering wheel, low speeds it isnt bad but since a F1 spends little to no time under 100 mph it kinda make's it pointless for it to have a very low speed setup. Which makes the arcade F1 not one bit fun to drive at all "and the F1's are my favorite"

I love the GT mode F1 alot, with enough setup time you can get it to handle pretty well :)

...Definitely real crappy stock setup.... what did you exactly change in order to improve the handling at high speeds ???
 
infanm
...Definitely real crappy stock setup.... what did you exactly change in order to improve the handling at high speeds ???
Get rid of the "Massive" Rear Toe-In!!!👍 -2 "Should" be about right...O.G. :D
 
Actually, i used the Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK-GTR Race Car ('98) (with a stage 4 turbo (1000ish hps) to win the 24h race. I had the R3 tires on and shouldve used the R1 or something cause i had to pit in every 2 laps hehe. I won with like, 10+ laps in front of the second.
 
I just won the F1 car last night. When I went to use it, I had crazy steering wheel shaking (on the DFP) at high speeds. Anybody else have this problem? Anybody know how to fix it?
 
I got wheel shaking too. On the Sarth II the long stright sometimes sees my b-spec driver losing control and hitting the wall on the left hand side.

I wonder if you experience this aswell.
 
The steering wheel shake is normal for a car this fast. Remember your hitting lots and lots of bumps at high speeds. Your gonna get some force feedback through a real steering wheel in real life. The DFP replicates those forces as well.
 
I don't think that F1 car looses any performance. I have just finished Formula GT Championship (and won 9 races, twice second, twice fourth and twice fifth, overall a distinctive vicotry - hooray for me) and F1 car has same power stated in garage ... :)

I love my Colin (b-spec man), he drove very good races. And about B-specing formula GT championship - it's all about tactics. On most tracks it's better to pit one lap early and not to drive on red tyres, and on others it seems better (de la sarthe, pit is needed after 3 laps, I will have to re-do and am considering 4 laps per stint). Or figure out how to avoid hitting the wall on mulsanne straight ...
 
Back