• Thread starter Islaygaz
  • 65 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best F1 tracks to drive are already in the game

Spa
Suzuka
Silverstone
Monaco (would be nice if they made an effort to get it more accurate though).

Otherwise I'd like early 90s Imola (not the version F1 2013 has, that is actually the modern circuit), Albert Park, Watkins Glen and Montreal.

Last edited:
Seeing as we are getting Brands Hatch and possibly Interlagos that takes care of 2 must have circuits in my opinion. We already have Spa and Monza so these are some of the others I would like to see.

Being a South African I would say the classic Kyalami layout:crazy:

kyalami67.jpg

formula-1-grand-prix-south-africa-action-start-kyalami_2991682.jpg

The new layout would also be an option but it just is not the same:indiff:
kyalami-arial.jpg

As for other notable tracks:
Imola (with the old Tamburello)
Osterreichring (A1 ring could also work but it just ain't the same yet again)
Classic Spa
Magny Cours
Proper modern Monaco (Alternatively a classic layout)
Montreal

Just a couple of these would make me very happy along with a couple old F1 cars:D

Seeing as we are getting Brands Hatch and possibly Interlagos that takes care of 2 must have circuits in my opinion. We already have Spa and Monza so these are some of the others I would like to see.

Being a South African I would say the classic Kyalami layout:crazy:

kyalami67.jpg

formula-1-grand-prix-south-africa-action-start-kyalami_2991682.jpg
The F1 circuit home to the most infamous accident in history. This layout was closed in 1978.

A good F1 circuit is not necessarily a good circuit for normal cars (look at how boring Monza can be) so I would say Monaco at least and not its recycled GT3 version in GT5.
Monaco, perhaps, is the single GT5 track I'll be most curious about initially. Will it be updated any?

Many F1 tracks are flat and boring. I find the newer stadium type tracks boring as well. Older F1 tracks I'd like to see plenty of, from before all the safety regulations neutered many of the great tracks.
:cheers:

Until they include real F1 cars, I'm not interested in any additional F1 tracks. The same goes for NASCAR (they have cars, but a lack of them).

Until they include real F1 cars, I'm not interested in any additional F1 tracks. The same goes for NASCAR (they have cars, but a lack of them).
I'm not as interested in "real F1 cars", though that would be incredibly cool. I'd just like to see an up-to-date Formula Gran Turismo. There are plenty of color variants to have a nice sized field. They could even offer yellow and standard colored T-bars. This would satisfy every F1 car desire of mine. I would be as excited about an FGT 2013 as any other car in the game.

COTA
Watkins Glen
Yas Marina (with day/night transition...the hotel and lighting would be phenomenal)

@crowhop has a good idea, but why not just allow the FGT to be painted, perhaps with 3 or 4 different areas to paint separately or together, along with a few different GT themed liveries available for the car? Throw in some lower powered/downforce FGT2 and FGT3's and you could easily have an endless variety of open wheel cars with differing livery/paint scheme combinations, all for the price of very little programming on PD's part.

@crowhop has a good idea, but why not just allow the FGT to be painted, perhaps with 3 or 4 different areas to paint separately or together, along with a few different GT themed liveries available for the car? Throw in some lower powered/downforce FGT2 and FGT3's and you could easily have an endless variety of open wheel cars with differing livery/paint scheme combinations, all for the price of very little programming on PD's part.
Right on. To me it is a no-brainer. They've had access to the foremost F1 mind today. Surely they can concoct a modern, generic F1 car with appropriate HP and downforce. KERS and DRS don't have to be part of the equation to make it leaps and bounds better than the traditional FGT. It shouldn't take too much effort, relatively speaking, to adjust the rear wing, add a T-bar and change the nose. Then they could simply change the HP, weight and downforce. Done.

The Circuit Of The Americas would be a great addition in my opinion. :)
And it would be a low hanging fruit. Its new, lots of buzz, appeal to the NA audience in the south central US (lots of racers there), easy licensing from what I've heard, driven by off setting the costs, etc.

Infineon/series point is a very fun track... As well as thunder hill.

I have to agree with adding all of them. This would go hand and hand with a post I made in another thread to load GT with tracks by continent. Take 15-20+ of the major tracks per continent, dump down the cars shipped on the disk to 100-300 and let us build our own car libraries via dlc. I had a blast with F1 2010. Thanks to the lack of tracks in GT5, I bought F1 2010 to compensate. Glad I did. I even got the hang of that dreaded Singapore track. In rain, that track is a beast.

Reactions: VDG
I have to agree with adding all of them. This would go hand and hand with a post I made in another thread to load GT with tracks by continent. Take 15-20+ of the major tracks per continent, dump down the cars shipped on the disk to 100-300 and let us build our own car libraries via dlc. I had a blast with F1 2010. Thanks to the lack of tracks in GT5, I bought F1 2010 to compensate. Glad I did. I even got the hang of that dreaded Singapore track. In rain, that track is a beast.
I agree with this in part.
I think the virtual cars are only as good as the locations and tracks on which to drive them.

The Circuit Of The Americas would be a great addition in my opinion. :)
Totally agree.

Anyway, Formula 1 in history had a lot of fantastic tracks, but only most memorable should be included in Gran Turismo. Why? Answer is really simple - who wants to drive tracks without soul, like Bahrain or Korea. From new "tilkedroms" I want to see only Austin, Yas Marina and maybe Marina Bay. Austin has very interesting layout, that corners looks really cool and that would be great fun to feel it in the game. Yas Marina & Marina Bay just look awesome - colorful hotel in Abu Dhabi, or Singapore rollercoaster - may layout are not impressive, but both tracks looks simply awesome.

Now time for my "memorable track list" - that'll include Interlagos, every race on this track is one of most interesting in season, Albert Park too for same reason. I'll include Hockenheimring too, it's big part of history of F1. Don't forget about dangerous Imola (mostly because of Ayrton). RedBull Ring (Osterreichring or A1 Ring earlier), there were fanstastic battles too.

As a drivers' circuit Korea International Circuit is far superior to Abu Dhabis Yas Marina. Korea has long straights and some challenging technical sections. Yas Marina looks beautiful and bar the last 3 corners is flat and featureless. I don't think it would be requested half as much if it didn't have the amazing hotel.

I would always pick a challenging circuit over a picturesque one. Thankfully some have both elements, like Spa-Francorchamps, while others like Laguna Seca have neither.

As a drivers' circuit Korea International Circuit is far superior to Abu Dhabis Yas Marina. Korea has long straights and some challenging technical sections. Yas Marina looks beautiful and bar the last 3 corners is flat and featureless. I don't think it would be requested half as much if it didn't have the amazing hotel.

I would always pick a challenging circuit over a picturesque one. Thankfully some have both elements, like Spa-Francorchamps, while others like Laguna Seca have neither.
If I would pick a challenging track, then it would be the Buddh International Circuit (or whatever it's called :D) or Albert Park.

If I would pick a challenging track, then it would be the Buddh International Circuit (or whatever it's called :D) or Albert Park.
Buddh International Circuit is a great circuit. It would be a great addition to any racing game. It is a pity F1 has not taken off in India as BIC will be forgotten and rarely used now.

Laguna Seca is not challenging? Said no man ever until this post. Never thought I'd hear that.

Albert Park (Melbourne)
Bahrain International Circuit
Circuit Gilles Villenuve
Circuit of the Americas
Hockenheim (pre-2000)
Hungaroring
Interlagos
Korea International Circuit
Shanghai International Circuit
Yas Marina Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.