F1 TV coverage threadFormula 1 

I bet Sky Sports are going to push their viewers to vote for Hamilton at every opportunity.

F1 Fanatic had problems with that a few years ago. They were looking for the best overtake of the season, and one of the nominees was Robert Kubica for a move he made in Valencia. After about a week, Kubica had a phenomenal lead, and it became apparent that someone had posted the poll on Polish websites and encouraged people to vote for Kubica.

Cryptic tweet by Jake Humphrey...

Channel 4's new F1 teaser.... even they did a better livery job than half the teams this year!

Cryptic tweet by Jake Humphrey...

Channel 4's new F1 teaser.... even they did a better livery job than half the teams this year!

Think someone said it's his and David Coulthard's production company that's doing their coverage. Can't see Jake leaving BT to redo F1 at this time.

Not sure what is cryptic about that tweet. He's just welcoming the new C4F1 twitter account and telling them what F1 is all about in the form of emojis.

He won't be on the coverage, he left it because he wanted to be at home with his family, not jetting around the world every fortnight.

Think someone said it's his and David Coulthard's production company that's doing their coverage. Can't see Jake leaving BT to redo F1 at this time.

Whaaaaat?

You need to look into the C4 deal a little more, perhaps? Whisper Films is Jake Humprhey (and DC), I suspect that tweet may be connected :D

Channel 4 have revealed their whole lineup.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123162

It sounds like there are a few regulars, with other people rotating throughout the season depending on their other commitments.

Steve Jones will be the main host. David Coulthard and Ben Edwards are the commentators. Coulthard will also be an analyst alongside Mark Webber (when he's not with the WEC) and Susie Wolff. Alain Prost, Bruno Senna and Eddie Jordan will pop up at times when they're not at Formula E or Top Gear events. Murray Walker and Nic Hamilton appear to have roles too, while Lee McKenzie and Karun Chandhok will be pitlane reporters.

Alex Zanardi will appear occasionally and Jolyon Palmer will be a regular columnist.

Broadcasts
Australia (Sky only)
Bahrain (Sky and Channel 4)
China (Sky only)
Russia (Sky only)
Spain (Sky and Channel 4)
Monaco (Sky only)
Canada (Sky only)
Europe (Sky and Channel 4)
Austria (Sky only)
Britain (Sky and Channel 4)
Hungary (Sky and Channel 4)
Germany (Sky only)
Belgium (Sky and Channel 4)
Italy (Sky and Channel 4)
Singapore (Sky only)
Malaysia (Sky and Channel 4)
Japan (Sky only)
USA (Sky only)
Mexico (Sky and Channel 4)
Brazil (Sky only)
Abu Dhabi (Sky and Channel 4)

Lee 👍
EJ 👍
Karun 👍
Webber 👍

Ben Edwards 👎

I am interested to see what Alain Prost contributes.

It's a very strong lineup, the only question mark is the host, Steve Jones. I'm sure he could be professional but does he have any interest in the sport? The Sky presenter whatshisname seems to have that issue, a solid presenter but shows absolutely no passion in the sport.

Brazil and Japan on sky only. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Japan makes sense given the air time but you'd think they would want the race airing at primetime on the Sunday evening.

It's the 'you pick three, we pick three' method though, the FTA picker is never going to be able to get all the good ones.

Don't Think she's bad. Especially compared to that dullard 'anchor' on Sky

She isn't that bad indeed. But she has a really unlikeable

gadget-logo.png

something hovering over and around her.

Don't Think she's bad. Especially compared to that dullard 'anchor' on Sky

For me, and this is my opinion only, she can't walk and talk at the same time, she knows little about the sport, she seems to have zero rapport with the main characters of F1 and she seems permanently slightly-off-message. Lee McKenzie would have been a far better choice, she's all the things that Suzi Perry isn't. Just doesn't have such good hair, I guess.

I know Steve Jones is an odd choice as he is more of an entertainment presenter how I don't think has done Sport before but it is worth pointing out that Jake Humphreys started out as a Children's TV presenter on CBBC, and he is doing alright for himself now...

I know Steve Jones is an odd choice as he is more of an entertainment presenter how I don't think has done Sport before but it is worth pointing out that Jake Humphreys started out as a Children's TV presenter on CBBC, and he is doing alright for himself now...

Yeah I don't think it matters where they come from, it's all about whether they're a good presenter in general and have a passion for the sport. Steve Jones can obviously host, he's been doing it for years, but does he have an interest in the sport? I've no idea.

As I say with the Sky bloke you get the feeling that without the earpiece and others around him he wouldn't have a clue if you started talking with him about the sport in detail.

I worry that Steve Jones wont fit the profile of a sports host, he seems to be at his best when there is a comedic tone to his presenting, he appeared extremely wooden on X Factor USA I hope that his reported "petrolhead" and love of F1 enables him to cinnect to the audience.

I guess we'll find out soon enough...

As I say with the Sky bloke you get the feeling that without the earpiece and others around him he wouldn't have a clue if you started talking with him about the sport in detail.

He comes across to me that he doesn't have a clue about anything. He's like a personality void.

I don't think it really matters that the show's anchor has much knowledge or even much interest in the sport. As long as the co-presenters and race commentators have an insiders view of the sport, that's all that's needed. If you have ex-drivers and long time motorsport journalists with you, all you need as anchorman/woman, is to be likeable and eloquent in front of the camera and have a good rapport with the drivers and team principles etc.

Steve Jones will be the main host. David Coulthard and Ben Edwards are the commentators. Coulthard will also be an analyst alongside Mark Webber (when he's not with the WEC) and Susie Wolff. Alain Prost, Bruno Senna and Eddie Jordan will pop up at times when they're not at Formula E or Top Gear events. Murray Walker and Nic Hamilton appear to have roles too, while Lee McKenzie and Karun Chandhok will be pitlane reporters.

That is some lineup! If anything I'm worried there simply isn't enough races to give them all a proper showing! But as a whole package, I can't think of any other F1 presenting lineup with that sort of experience and diversity.

Alex Zanardi

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: I don't even know if he's any good as a pundit (or whatever role he's doing), I don't care - if he's on my TV/laptop screen I'll be a happy bunny.

I can't see Murray Walker appearing at any other race except the British GP. Can't imagine he'll cope very well travelling to the majority of the races. But if he does become a regular appearance in C4's coverage then it'll tempt me away from Sky Sports.

His role in the BBC coverage was making info/flashback shorts, I think it would be the same for Whisper.

Possibly. I stopped watching BBC's coverage after the 2011 season so I didn't know what he did for them. I don't remember seeing those shorts he did.

Possibly. I stopped watching BBC's coverage after the 2011 season so I didn't know what he did for them. I don't remember seeing those shorts he did.
Murray Walker is just doing some interviews and clips, he is not going to the races apart from Silverstone. He is 92 years old i suppose !

YAY! European GP on Father's Day. I can picture the huge lack of activity that's going to occur that day. :D

Back