F1CE Hot Lap Series- (Closed)

• Thread starter GT4 genius
  • 670 comments
Actually GT4,
I wanted to get the ball rolling!!! Seems like you beat me to it,
Im already in the really low 1:12s,

1:12.194 21.449/29.633/21.112 Alireza Sabbagh

and I can assure you a mid 1:11 is possible !!!!! (If everything goes smoothly !!!)

Best Regards
Alireza

Welcome souprmage, yes you do understand the rules correctly and either mode is good.👍

Yes Zed is right, you, souprmage, understand the rules perfectly. Just don't set the times online. And I hope you enjoy your time here.

@Alierza; your right, an 11 is likely, I was a bit slow at first but I've done a full race today and got a 1.12.8 with 7 laps of fuel on board and awkward traffic, without a slipstream. So I'm hoping for a high 11 now! Strangely the car feels brilliant, I dont even have under steer at the top of the hill in the last sequence of corners.

Does it matter which mode? Race Weekend/Time Trial/etc.

Apart from what GT4 mentioned there really aren't any rules regarding which mode is used. However just as an aside, from my personal perspective I've always not counted a fast lap where I thought I benefited from drafting (or getting a "tow"). Obviously not a concern in TT but I always use the Race Weekend mode.

As a general rule, please avoid slipstreaming other cars. I know there is no way we can stop it so I'll not actually include it, but please try and avoid it.

Got a new time just now:
1.12.508, 21.746/29.780/20.982, GT4genius

Hey, long time reader of these forums but never really post. Any chance I could join this, or do we need to have signed up at the start? When's the deadline for Spain? And is everything in this thread, or are there separate ones? :D Cheers.

Hey, long time reader of these forums but never really post. Any chance I could join this, or do we need to have signed up at the start? When's the deadline for Spain? And is everything in this thread, or are there separate ones? :D Cheers.

You can join whenever you want, you dont even have to take part every week, but please do try. The deadline for Spain is when the flag drops at Monaco. And everything is in this thread. Last seasons discussion is here too and the results from the last season are in another thread here. But you dont need them. Thanks for taking part and good luck. 👍

I never have liked Spain much. Never seem to get the setup right for the first sequence and the right-hand off-camber at the top of the hill, and my times reflect that. Doing fine in the middle segment, but first and third need some work.

At least now I have an additional reason to spend some time getting it figured out.

Currently at 1.13.936/22.377/29.730/21.829.

Well I managed to drop the time by over a second. I needed lots of downforce to be able to keep the speed up through the high-speed sections.

Current time is 1:12.293/22.045/29.166/21.082. My personal best for sector 1 is 21.647, but not sure I can get that consistently without several more hours of practice. But that at least leaves some hope that I could get into the 1:11's.

Nice improvement 👍 souprmage. Just one rule, which applies in all threads, try not to double post, just hit the edit button on the last post you did, and add to it.

As a general rule, please avoid slipstreaming other cars. I know there is no way we can stop it so I'll not actually include it, but please try and avoid it.

Got a new time just now:
1.12.508, 21.746/29.780/20.982, GT4genius

Why don't you just have it in Time Trial only? And the glare is a lame excuse compared to the potential advantage from a draft.

I do all my laps in TT, as I find the ghost car good reference for entry, mid and exit speeds, after changes are made to the setup.

Last edited:
I agree, I like to use TT mode as well. At some tracks, the glare is worse than others. However Spain is not so bad at the critical corners. If you are trailing the ghost, it is great for comparing the speed of different lines or gears at certain sections compared to the fast lap.

I was able to get into the 1:11s last night:

1:11.811, 21.729/29.083/20.999, souprmage

<pict1, pict2, pict3>

The track has more in it, but not sure I do.

Last edited:
What do yous think if we have a vote, so everyone can choose whether to have the times set in TT only or any mode? Please post your final times with YES for TT only and NO for staying where we are. Ok?

I'm in TT so that's a big YES from me.........................but I don't really mind either way.

I think TT only would be fine. The key though is that the page that lists sector times does not indicate the car being used. I have been taking two pictures: one of the car and lap time in the upper left corner, then one with the time and the sector times. Not sure if there is an easier way to get the sector times that includes the actual car mfgr.

Doesn't have sectors,but the records show car and time, so two photos showing the same time,will be required I guess.

You guys are flying.... did 100 laps with many changes and I am still in the 1'14's...continueing to put more and more wing and time is coming down slowly.seem to be losing most of it in secto.r 2

EDIT:

1.13.687 22.095/30.029/21.563

Still need more wing to get nearer, whether or not I get a chance is the Q

Last edited:
Since the race is in just a few hours, I thought I would spend some time tonight to try to better my time. Not quite mid 11's, but pretty close.

1:11.678, 21.878/29.017/20.783

<pict1, pict2>

I found that increasing the front anti-rollbar made it so I could get back into the gas sooner in the medium-speed corners without the rear wheels wanting to come around as much. It also made it more forgiving, and my times more consistent.

Hope you are all having a great Memorial Day Weekend.

Bring on Monaco. Should be a good race.

Everything has been updated, I think its all right but please just check in case I've missed anything.
As you've probably already seen I've chosen the Ferrari for Monaco after their great revival at the weekend, good luck to all. 👍

PS: Time Trial mode only since the vote was more or less unanimous.

GT4 , you didnt miss anything,
i failed to put inmy sector times and that made me 3rd instead of 2nd,

congrats to a great lap although a theoritical best lap is 1:11.322 (if u can put the sectors together)

BR
Alireza

GT4 , you didnt miss anything,
i failed to put inmy sector times and that made me 3rd instead of 2nd,

congrats to a great lap although a theoritical best lap is 1:11.322 (if u can put the sectors together)

BR
Alireza

I noticed that and thought I better ignore it in the interest of fairness. Dont worry you'll win anyway.

Looks like I am going to start things off this race.

1:09.902, 18.193/34.395/17.314, souprmage

I am definitely curious how this is going to stack up.

EDIT:

Going on vacation, so posting my latest and last time for the week.

1:09:172, 17.828/34.445/16.889, souprmage

<pict1, pict2>

Last edited:
Had a few laps, need to work on seup and get some more time back on the game.

1.11.263 18.525/35.076/17.662 zed300

Back