F430 have instant gear changes bug

• Thread starter urania
  • 11 comments
still no one noticed it? it's so obvious, it can't shift instantly, faster than any car in the world, it's clearly a bug, šŸ¤£
Did you put a racing gearbox in it? That would remove the clutch.

Apparently it has a single clutch transmission? Then there's supposed to be a variant with a seamless shift transmission called Graziano? Any way to tell the two apart?

Apparently it has a single clutch transmission? Then there's supposed to be a variant with a seamless shift transmission called Graziano? Any way to tell the two apart?
Graziano is the manufacturer of the gearbox - which is an automated version of the manual single clutch. The gearbox, and the car, is called "F1".

The easiest way to tell them apart is if it has a gated manual or flappy paddle, and the car in GT7 has flappy paddles.

I also think it's a bug. It's just too fast and smooth. And someone else reported this in the Bugs thread also.

It is something that I've noticed as well, but the real world F430 is not slow shifting for a single clutch gearbox. If anything it seems like the load placed on the engine right after a shift bogs it down for just a moment, not that the actual shifts are slow.

In the game the 430 feels like it doesn't bog at all on an upshift, but I like the way it shifts, and it's not so unrealistic as to call it a "bug".

It is something that I've noticed as well, but the real world F430 is not slow shifting for a single clutch gearbox. If anything it seems like the load placed on the engine right after a shift bogs it down for just a moment, not that the actual shifts are slow.

In the game the 430 feels like it doesn't bog at all on an upshift, but I like the way it shifts, and it's not so unrealistic as to call it a "bug".

ok, it's not slow a gear change, but in GT7 it's "absolutely instant", clearly a bug , especially considering that all the other cars in game have the gear change time exactly the same as the real world cars. The F430 in GT7 has faster gear change than the newest Porsche gt3 RS, and race cars and even actual F1 cars, which is totally impossible to be

Thereā€™s a difference between a bug and an oversight. I think this might be the latter.
yes, an oversight describes it better, but also it won't let you upshift without throttle input, and this is a bug, because the real car you can upshift whenever you want

Last edited:
It's a mistake PD made. The "F1 gearbox" that the F430 uses IRL is more of an automated manual, similar to cars like the Aventador and Maserati GranTurismo in this game.

My guess is that PD heard about this "F1 gearbox", assumed it had a literal Formula 1 transmission, then gave it the same seamless shift transmission they used for cars like the X2014 or W08. It's certainly not the only car in the game to use an inaccurate transmission type.

Back