Fabrice Muamba collapses

• Thread starter Ross
  • 61 comments

Ross

Premium
England
Tadley, Hampshire, UK
Today in the FA Cup Quarter finals between Bolton and Tottenham the Bolton player is currently clinically dead after collapsing on the pitch. For those that don't know, Muamba is one of Bolton's top stars

Yes, it's live on ESPN. I don't know what happened but I just switched channels and the commentator said that efforts to resuscitate him were still going on

Apparently, there was no one around him when he collapsed. He was given CPR on the pitch and is currently at hospital.

Bolton about to release a statement apparently, heres hoping he's ok though sadly it doesn't look likely. Very emotional to watch, never seen anything like it, all the players were a mess.

Such a talented and promising footballer. Hope he's ok :nervous:.

AoNhUdVCQAAK8j6.jpg

Excellent news that he's ok. It's great to see all fans pull together when something like this happens, regardless of who they support. 👍

At least he is stable now.

I see a Mod edited the thread title as well. Who was that and why was it changed? Just curios

I see a Mod edited the thread title as well. Who was that and why was it changed? Just curios

I'd argue that 'clinically dead' was both incorrect and in poor taste.

If he is in a stable condition, it's a major relief and major thanks to the emergency services who steward our games.

If he is in a stable condition, it's a major relief and major thanks to the emergency services who steward our games.
But accurate.

I agree that him being in a stable condition is fantastic news and I hope he makes a full recovery

Credit to the paramedics who treated him on the pitch and in hospital. Without their great work, I doubt he'd kick another football again...

I'm still not finding anything official on his stability.

Can someone share a link please?

There is a 700 mile distance between me and British television.

Nowhere on the web has official confirmation? Neither BBC nor SSN.

Thanks.

That's encouraging to read. I'll wait for more concrete news, but things are looking hopeful.

Just read this on BBC - reminds me of Marc Vivien Foe.

Hope he makes a full recovery; the quick work of the medics has given him the best chance possible.

BBC have updated their story to say that he is 'critically ill' in the Heart Attack Unit.

It denotes that he is alive, but barely. Hoping he of course pulls through.

Link

Because this...

But accurate.
No, it wasn't. All we know is that he collapsed and received medical help on the pitch before being taken to hospital. Your title was inaccurate and sensationalist.

Just read this on BBC - reminds me of Marc Vivien Foe.
And Phil O'Donnell.

Because this...

No, it wasn't. All we know is that he collapsed and received medical help on the pitch before being taken to hospital. Your title was inaccurate and sensationalist.

And Phil O'Donnell.
OK, reasonable I suppose. Thanks for the explanation though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

Not to throw negativity on it all, but it's astonishing how football players can even play with an undiagnosed condition, or suffer a sudden attack of some sort. It's actually a frightening list, and not all are cardiovascular related. But of those that are, I knew of and/or remember David Longhurst, Marc-Viven Foe, Matt Gadsby and Phil O'Donnell

The fact that he was stable and is now critical indicates some deterioration in his condition, so I have everything crossed that he is alright :nervous:

Back