Fabrice Muamba collapses

• Thread starter Ross
  • 61 comments
We all hope that he pulls through.

Not to throw negativity on it all, but it's astonishing how football players can even play with an undiagnosed condition, or suffer a sudden attack of some sort. It's actually a frightening list, and not all are cardiovascular related.

I can also remember hearing about Naoki Matsuda's heart attack last summer, and Hrvoje Ćustić's a few years earlier. It's always upsetting to hear of incidents like this happening.

daan
Because this...

No, it wasn't. All we know is that he collapsed and received medical help on the pitch before being taken to hospital. Your title was inaccurate and sensationalist.

And Phil O'Donnell.

Well, apparently his heart stopped numerous times, which in turn as far as I know means he was technically 'clinically dead', I agree that it probably wasn't the best way to put it but it was accurate.

Hopefully he'll pull through. My thoughts are with him, his family and Bolton Football Club, including all players, management staff and most importantly medical staff.

Away from the semantics, it's pretty poor taste to call it like that anyway.

---

No updates as of yet.

MazdaPrice
Away from the semantics, it's pretty poor taste to call it like that anyway.

---

No updates as of yet.

So as we heard he was stable earlier, is he still so or is he gone critical.

I know you said no updates as of yet, but I just mean what was the last update as the general message in here is one of confusion.

I've only read 'critical condition' in the heart attack unit of the London Chest Hospital.

MazdaPrice
I've only read 'critical condition' in the heart attack unit of the London Chest Hospital.

Same as here, but I got slightly confused when I read 'in a stable condition' in this thread. Apparently came from Sky Sports News..

Good to see the footballing community sticking behind him

540917170.jpg

Still no news though...

The support all the teams have given Fabrice has been fantastic. Here's an example from my club Liverpool I just stumbled upon.
tumblr_m13lg8OtYK1qiw12zo1_500.jpg

Alex.
The support all the teams have given Fabrice has been fantastic. Here's an example from my club Liverpool I just stumbled upon.

👍 been a fan all my life of Liverpool, great to see them giving him the support.

According to Sky Sports news, his arms are now moving and his heart is beating without life support.

He's also able to recognise his family members and respond to questions. Let's just hope his condition doesn't deteriorate after showing signs of improvement in recent hours.

I hope he pulls through, he is a good young player.

Sad that he'll probably never play again, but it's better than losing his life all together.

adam46
I hope he pulls through, he is a good young player.

Sad that he'll probably never play again, but it's better than losing his life all together.

Apparently he's talking now so that's good news. 👍

Great News indeed. Hope he recovers Fully in no time 👍 .

Gooner here but massive respect to the Tottenham Fans.

That's something that I've come to realise in the past day or so. It's a real shame that his career will almost certainly be over once he recovers, but yeah. Compared to the possibility of a life being lost, the career really doesn't matter at all.

That's some promising news indeed.

I didn't think there would be much chance of him playing again, especially at Premiership level, but it's good to here that there is still a chance.

That was rather shocking to hear. I just hope the treatment is effective and wish Stiliyan the best of luck.

And of course, it's great to see that Muamba is on the mend.

It's been a shocking few weeks for the world of football. R.I.P. Piermario Morosini.

RIP to the 96 reds, and to Piermario Morosini, the Italian footballer who sadly died on the pitch yesterday. Both his parents had died by the time he was 18, his disabled brother commited suicide shortly after leaving him to take care of his handicapped sister. Tough life but a talent had it all taken away.

Morosini had acknowledged the difficulty of his circumstances in an interview with Guerin Sportivo back in 2005. “I have often asked myself why all this happened to me, but I never get an answer and that just makes it hurt more,” he said. “But life goes on. These are things that mark you and change you. But at the same time they give you the drive to do everything you can, and in my case to realise dreams that belonged to my parents as well as me. I want to become a great footballer for them more than anything, because I know how happy they would be.”

I just saw it on the news, the way he struggled to get back up his feet, terrible.
They really need to find out why this happens to young people.

Edit. I just can't imagine how it must be for his teammates and buddies, to see him die right in front of you.

Last edited:
I think Fabrice Muamba is the guest of honour at the game tomorrow . I'm so glad he's made such a recovery so quickly.

Great to hear he is recovering. But is his career now on hold? Can't have players with medical conditions to continue on like nothing happened?

Back