Fallout 3

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 756 comments
T51B armor is glitched. There is a regular T51B located in a fort to the north west. The keys you bring to underworld are the keys that unlock doors in the fort. By taking the T51B from the outcast outpost before finishing the other mission the game glitches and thinks you've taken the T51B from the fort which is one way of completing the other mission.

So I'm doing the who dares wins quest and I decided to save in front of the mobile base crawler. Now every time I load this save the game freezes and the sound doesn't work.

So I'm doing the who dares wins quest and I decided to save in front of the mobile base crawler. Now every time I load this save the game freezes and the sound doesn't work.

If the game freezes - who cares about the sound?!

C.

Well I'd load it up and play it for a few seconds before it froze. I ended up deleting the file and starting off from the last save all the way back at the presidential metro.

I find that sometimes, when the screen freezes, you can get it to unfreeze by moving the analog sticks around. It doesn't always work, but it works enough of the time for me to use it. 👍

Sometimes if you push the PS button and hold it the screen will come up and you can exit and keep playing. Other times the game has well and truly froze.

I finally headed over to Point Lookout today. Is it just me or is it insanely hard? The Tribal guys are harder to take down then Super mutants? I need to hit them 2-3 time with the Gauss rifle in the head to take them down. Bloody hard when there are 4 rushing you in the mansion. I've tried a few different weapons including the combat shotgun and the Eugene but none of them seem effective enough for enclosed areas with little place to strafe. I don't want to have to switch to easy but I can't see myself getting through this DLC on any other setting. Any one else find Point Lookout this damn hard?

I finally headed over to Point Lookout today. Is it just me or is it insanely hard? The Tribal guys are harder to take down then Super mutants? I need to hit them 2-3 time with the Gauss rifle in the head to take them down. Bloody hard when there are 4 rushing you in the mansion. I've tried a few different weapons including the combat shotgun and the Eugene but none of them seem effective enough for enclosed areas with little place to strafe. I don't want to have to switch to easy but I can't see myself getting through this DLC on any other setting. Any one else find Point Lookout this damn hard?

Tribals are irritating. Swampfolk are a pain in the aspidistra. Both have a -35 unresistable damage with every hit - which makes them even worse in close quarters - but I found that only the Swampfolks guns (lever action rifle, double-barrelled shotgun) were any use at all against them even having completed Mothership Zeta and Operation Anchorage, with the weapons and armour appropriate to those add-ons...

Albino Radscorpions, FGReavers and SMOverlords are still the creatures I want nothing to do with though.

I wish I knew that making a new save for someone else overwrites the original, because now I have to start from scratch having completed nearly every quest in my previous save. With most games I wouldn't mind but with this it's a nightmare because I'm sick of constantly having to go into the deepest depths of every school and museum and fight my way through about 50 Super Mutants with God knows how many guns and stimpaks just to get a key.

Not really. Terrible shotgun or Alien disintegrator should handle the problem.

Where do I get the Alien Disintegrator? Is that from Mothership Zeta?

Albino Radscorpions, FGReavers and SMOverlords are still the creatures I want nothing to do with though.

Damn, I just looked them up on The Vault Fallout Wiki page and I think I'm in for a very rough time. Thanks for the heads up.

Mothership Zeta was the first DLC I played. I'm glad I did - the weapons you get at it's completion put almost every other one in the game to shame, especially the Alien Disintegrator. Finished The Pitt as well, so am just starting Operation Anchorage.
Much has been said about the shoddy framerate in this particular DLC. True, it started off ok as I had no problems at all at the cliffs and destroying the big guns. It was only when I started the actual invasion of the Chinese base that framerate issues reared it's ugly head.
I found a simple solution. When playing for a while, and the framerate starts to look as if it is going wrong, save your game, quit to the PS3 XMB, then reload Fallout 3 and your save, and everything should be ok.
I find this works with Fallout 3 in general. And for people who have just bought the game, I suggest a set of simple guidelines that should limit the freeze/crash issues:

1) Turn off Autosave immediately. This prevents the game from saving data repeatedly over itself and causing problems.
2) Save often. I usually do it when entering a new area or upon completion of a task.
3) Quit and reload your game if it looks like things are going a bit weird, particularly if the framerate becomes choppy or slows. This is usually a sign of an impending freeze or crash.
I have followed these rules during my time with Fallout 3, and have had practically no problems with the game as a result. It's an inconvenience, sure, but Fallout 3 is a buggy game. You just have to make the best of it, because it also a brilliant game.
Let's hope with Fallout New Vegas, they iron out any major problems so we don't have to do anything like this.

........just starting Operation Anchorage.
Much has been said about the shoddy framerate in this particular DLC. True, it started off ok as I had no problems at all at the cliffs and destroying the big guns. It was only when I started the actual invasion of the Chinese base that framerate issues reared it's ugly head.

Just wait till you start getting attacked by your own team in Operation Anchorage. :lol: It's a very buggy piece of DLC, but I still enjoyed it as it gave the whole Fallout 3 universe a different spin.

Just wait till you start getting attacked by your own team in Operation Anchorage. :lol: It's a very buggy piece of DLC, but I still enjoyed it as it gave the whole Fallout 3 universe a different spin.

Oh jeez, thanks for that little spoiler alert.

I don't remember being attacked by the wrong guys but otherwise it is a super buggy DLC. Save early and save often when playing it. Its very worth it in the end because of the glitched T51B and the Chinese stealth armor.

Oh jeez, thanks for that little spoiler alert.

it's a not a spoiler, just forewarning on a well documented bug that occurs in Operation Anchorage.

I don't remember being attacked by the wrong guys but otherwise it is a super buggy DLC. Save early and save often when playing it. Its very worth it in the end because of the glitched T51B and the Chinese stealth armor.

Apparently it has something to do with being neutral to the enemy forces for some reason.

it's a not a spoiler, just forewarning on a well documented bug that occurs in Operation Anchorage.

Ok, warning appreciated. Sorry, bud. But apart from one instance of severe slowdown (which I cured using my method above), I have not encountered any problems with this DLC. Does it really get that bad later?

Edit: (1hr later) Just finished Anchorage. Killed those damned traitors in the outpost and raided the armour room. Left the outpost, wasted what seemed like 20 Super Mutants and am now back in the wasteland.
My point? No bugs, crashes or freezes. Whatsoever. Am now going to Megaton to offload some gear in my house and head down to the Riverboat Landing. Point Lookout, here I come!
Am currently at level 23.

Last edited:
Ok, warning appreciated. Sorry, bud. But apart from one instance of severe slowdown (which I cured using my method above), I have not encountered any problems with this DLC. Does it really get that bad later?

Edit: (1hr later) Just finished Anchorage. Killed those damned traitors in the outpost and raided the armour room. Left the outpost, wasted what seemed like 20 Super Mutants and am now back in the wasteland.
My point? No bugs, crashes or freezes. Whatsoever. Am now going to Megaton to offload some gear in my house and head down to the Riverboat Landing. Point Lookout, here I come!
Am currently at level 23.

I've had a relatively bug free experience with Fallout 3. Occasionally bodies fall out of the sky, but that's pretty infrequent. Oh and when I found "my dad" in the main story and had to follow him, he suddenly propelled about 30 meters in the air and continued his journey in the sky. It was pretty hilarious. The Operation Anchorage bug was pretty much the only other major issue I have come across and it wasn't a deal breaker, just made it more challenging :lol: Good to see you had no issues with it though.

Well, I don't know. I must be one of the lucky ones. Am currently around 1+half hrs into playing Point Lookout and have had no problems. Loving it, it's bigger than I expected. The enemies are a tad on the tough side though......

I just found out about the glitch with the hockey masks and the power fist. Gotta love exploding overlords/deathclaws in one punch! I even managed to kill fawkes....

Last edited:
I just found out about the glitch with the hockey masks and the power fist. Gotta love exploding overlords/deathclaws in one punch! I even managed to kill fawkes....

Intriguing.... I just looked it up and found this funny little exploit as well:

While having the Chinese stealth armor equipped, it is possible to equip one and then another mask repeatedly for 100 unarmed skill, it is possible to repeat this indefinitely, meaning that if you have the dedication, you will be able to kill a super mutant behemoth with one punch on very hard.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Hockey_mask

I got it up to doing over 1000 damage a hit doing that. Those albino radscorpions still take two hits though. From what I understand you can keep going and get it to over 2000 damage if you want.

Well, finished Point Lookout. No problems or bugs encountered at all. So apart from Broken Steel that's all the DLC done. Now just going round to finish all the side quests so I can get back to finishing off the main quest. I plan to have this one completed just in time for Fallout New Vegas.

In between Vault 101 and Megaton there is a small suburb area, with house's in rubble.
One of them has a cellar door that requires a key ( lock can't be picked ). Does anyone
know where to find the key??

In between Vault 101 and Megaton there is a small suburb area, with house's in rubble.
One of them has a cellar door that requires a key ( lock can't be picked ). Does anyone
know where to find the key??

God it's been a very long time since I played this game but I think that only opens up when you start the broken steel expansion. If I remember correctly there's a cult of ghouls down there and it's part of a quest line after the main story has been completed.

God it's been a very long time since I played this game but I think that only opens up when you start the broken steel expansion. If I remember correctly there's a cult of ghouls down there and it's part of a quest line after the main story has been completed.

Thanks for the tip.. I don't recall seeing that cellar door on my first play through, but then I did miss a lot of things simply due to not knowing what I was doing. I never got around to start the Broken Steel expansion, after getting overwhelmed in Point Lookout I gave up on the game until now.

And Fallout 3 is my number ONE
trofeum_platynowe.png
👍 by far the best game I've ever played

Latest Posts

Back