Fallout 3

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 756 comments
ive restarted a new game too get all the trophies ...
when i got the pip-boy 3000 (first trophy)
i got a message ''you didnt get a trophy''

really....

Yeah, my game froze on the final quest like 5 times after the patch.

Eek i've heard completing the main quest ends the game and does not let you complete any miscellaneous quests, is that true?

Eek i've heard completing the main quest ends the game and does not let you complete any miscellaneous quests, is that true?
A coworker of mine found himself in that situation. He had tons of side quests to do and decided to further his main quest, only to find out that he ended up at the final level with no way out. At least that he could find. He didn't even half half the map discovered yet. There may be a way to leave the area that he just didn't find, though.

I just took the game back earlier today. I stopped playing almost a week ago. The game was phenomenal, but then Azuremen made a thread reminiscing about Pokemon. Great. I had just killed my first two Super Mutants, too!

I wish they'd have made the game a little less Resident Evil-like. What's with the dead bodies strung up everywhere? Did the vampires kill everyone? Raiders aren't cannibals, are they? I never did like that part of game's design and didn't really feel it necessary. I want to play Fallout, dang it, not Silent Hill.

I dident play Fallout before the patch. But from my expirience playing after the patch for about 10 hours, I havent had any major prolems. The game froze on me once when there was a big explosion in a room filled with leaking gas. It got me a litle worried, but I havent had any other problems since that point.

Also about PC version VS PS3 version. Well I have no doubt the game in it self, is or will be better on PC, because of DLC, mods, and user made patches to fix glitches can be made.

On the other hand playing it on my 46" Panasonic, is so much better than sitting with a 19" PC monitor. So for me the choice is easy, I hardly play any games on PC anymore, after I got a PS3.

I logged 50+ hours on Fallout 3 PS3 before the patch. Complete crashes were infrequent, but very, very annoying. It was more likely to happen just as VATS was triggered, but it could still happen outside of VATS. The scene would freeze while the music in the background would keep cycling. Sometimes the game would figure it out and resume, and sometimes I had to reboot the console. It got really bad outside the Dunwich Building, where I had to tip-toe over to the campground to avoid crashing. Restarting and reloading did not help. I doubt it was hardware failure since all my other games and Folding@home work perfectly.

I'm not too interested in a third playthrough for trophies since the first two I felt uncovered 90% of the game already.

Thanks guys. Well my wife helped with the decision by giving me a PS3 version for Christmas. I love my wife! :D

Last edited:
The PS3 version doesn't have the command console to help respawn or immortalize useful people. I found it particularly nasty when the deathclaws, yao guai, giant radscorpions, or flying warmechs begin roaming the wasteland as you accumulate levels. They're incredibly dangerous to the NPCs that don't get stronger gear to defend themselves. I thought Trader Joe would be pushing up daisies before I could recruit Sergeant RL-3, but thankfully RL-3 AND Joe survived. All of his other robots were scrapped. I doubt Joe will last much longer without RL-3 guarding him. ;)

I think the patch might have fixed the problem with the controller not being number one before the game starts. My Sixaxis trigger buttons would stop working. I was wondering why I didn't have VATS and third-person view during the tutorial. :D

Wow, from the sounds of things, it seems I made the right choice by purchasing the Xbox 360 version. It was a tough choice. I definitely try to buy PS3 over 360 when I can. However, I do a lot of research before going either way. With Fallout, the lack of glitches/strong achievement support/and exclusive DLC (3 big DLC packs have been announced thus far) made it a no-brainer for me.

I wonder, is there anything scheduled at all for DLC for the PS3 version? I haven't heard anything, but I could be mistaken.

;)

I wonder, is there anything scheduled at all for DLC for the PS3 version? I haven't heard anything, but I could be mistaken.

;)
They have said there will be no DLC coming for the PS3, but I have a feeling (and really hope) they will release a "Special" Edition containing the DLC akin to Oblivion's GOTY

I've just done the Super-Duper market odd-job, that was really good. Still getting used to the different aspects of the game, but am completely loving it.

Does anyone know for sure if the glitch for having two followers sans-Dogmeat is still working after the patch?

I just got a reward of my own place in Megaton. Is it safe to store ALL my stuff in my locker, or can I get robbed? Should I keep all my money on me, or can I get robbed during the game? Not sure what to do right now.

Your house is safe. Just don't store anything outside in "Metal Box" or "Trash Can". Otherwise, you might come back to find...

Pack of Cigarettes
Pre-War Money (2)
Dart

Your house is safe. Just don't store anything outside in "Metal Box" or "Trash Can". Otherwise, you might come back to find...

Pack of Cigarettes
Pre-War Money (2)
Dart

Thanks. ceiling-fan beat you to the punch, but thanks anyway.

However, you can tell me if I ever get robbed 'my person' during the game. I read if you get caught stealing, sometimes the victim will take all your items (not including armor or weapons you have equipped). That would suck if that happened.

I've gotten caught pickpocketing while "hidden," which annoyed me. But after the person i stole from yelled "thief!" he just turned around and went along his merry way. :dunce:

I've gotten caught pickpocketing while "hidden," which annoyed me. But after the person i stole from yelled "thief!" he just turned around and went along his merry way. :dunce:

That has happened more than once to me, and after the third time, in a short while, they started shooting at me. I no longer pick pocket people, since it's hard to do and I'm trying for a Good Karma finish.

I just got the 'Stealth Boy' and was surprised to learn it's an aid and not a uniform. Does it last forever? Meaning, can I use it anytime I want. Any side health affects from using it?

just got the 'Stealth Boy' and was surprised to learn it's an aid and not a uniform. Does it last forever? Meaning, can I use it anytime I want. Any side health affects from using it?

It last 1 hour of in game time. It dont have any side effects, as far as I know.

That has happened more than once to me, and after the third time, in a short while, they started shooting at me. I no longer pick pocket people, since it's hard to do and I'm trying for a Good Karma finish.

I just got the 'Stealth Boy' and was surprised to learn it's an aid and not a uniform. Does it last forever? Meaning, can I use it anytime I want. Any side health affects from using it?
I've been messing around a lot with the 'reverse pick pocket' feature. Sometimes I'll use it to my advantage by placing a better weapon, headgear, or armor on my target, and when they exchange their gear for the one that I gave them, I'll take their stuff...like the Kneecapper Shotgun, or Three Dog's Head Wrap....etc. I've got about 50 Stealthboys, but I've never bothered using one.

Lately, however, I've just been messing with named NPCs by placing different armor in their inventory. The last time I saw Susan Lancaster, she was wearing Raider Sadist Armor....just like Lydia Montenegro, Ms. Primrose, Moira Brown, Lucy West, Jenny Stahl, and that drunk woman in Rivet City (forgot her name). Moira's guard Merc is wearing Brotherhood Outcast Armor (sans Helmet), and the chick that gives me gifts in Megaton is wearing Power Armor (sans Helmet). Little Maggie in Megaton is wearing Talon Combat Armor, and the Rivet drunk's son is wearing what looks like a scaled down version of Raider Blastmaster Armor, while the Priest and Diego have the full sized version of this same armor.

You lose some Karma ever time that you 'reverse pick pocket' someone, but I guess it isn't too much because I'm still shown as being 'Very Good'. Besides, you can easily increase your Karma by donating to the Rivet City Church, for example. I'll eventually get most of the folk in the developed towns to wear something different. This is just something that I'll keep doing to pass the time when I don't feel like killing anything.

Edit: I left out the most important part.....I always save right before I try any of this, because it will often backfire even while Hidden, with Sneak at 100. It took one try, for example, to place a Brotherhood of Steel Helmet into Three Dog's inventory. It took many reloads before I was successful in stealing his Head Wrap.

I just bought this game upon various recommendations, I like the style of it a lot, it looks stunning and is very atmospheric, but at the minute everything seems a bit...vague. I can't quite put my finger on what it is but it seems a bit lost amongst itself. I've also found that every enemy I've come across has almost killed me since I've run out of pistol ammo and all of my other weapons require melee combat which gets me killed.

Am I missing something? I'm hoping it will get a bit more interesting as Fable 2 was the last game I really got into and that got me excited right from the start.

Use VATS whenever possible.

Hint: If enemy has a gun, shoot the arm holding it. They can't hurt you if they have nothing to fire a gun with.

Also, don't fire with VATS unless your accuracy is 95%. Stuff goes down quickly with three or four precise bullets to the cranium. Of course, I didn't try taking down the Super Mutant Brute with the minigun when he showed up, nor the Mirelurk. I just hid.

VATS also temporarily jacks up your damage resistance while everything is in slo-mo. I was able to use frag grenades as melee weapons without a scratch.

When I found the Chinese assault rifle, everyone else was fair game. "Say hello to my little friend!" 🤬

The game gets easier as you get more skilled in combat, and acquire better weapons than a baseball bat. VATS FTW.

I just got to Galaxy News Radio and the game must have glitched as the Behemoth that's supposed to appear didn't, I was unable to enter the buildings and I couldn't speak to anyone or search any bodies. When I tried to speak to someone their mouths opened permanently and nothing else happened. When I tried to search the bodies for the Fat Man I just got a clicking sound followed by nothing. It's a bit off putting when you're only a few hours into the game and it glitches so badly you can't go any further :(

Use VATS whenever possible.

Hint: If enemy has a gun, shoot the arm holding it. They can't hurt you if they have nothing to fire a gun with.

You should only do that if they're brutes carrying heavy weapons. I crippled the arms (or maybe I destroyed their weapons) of the brutes in that one museum, and then I just ran upstairs and went to the pool table. It's so funny to have them chase you around the pool table while you shoot them from the other side.

Is there a special way of downing a Mirelurk without unloading about 25 SMG/AR rounds into their body?

Back