Fallout 3

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 756 comments
anyone else having trouble downloading the update? it goes to 99% rather quickly then has an error, it's done it 3 times so far :ouch:

Nope, no problems here. Unfortunately, the update is not retroactive. I'm too far in to start all over again.

Sweet, there's trophies now. I just really really hope they didn't get rid of the Sydney's gun exploit. It's nice to get an awesome gun and 50 10mm rounds for free.

Sweet, there's trophies now. I just really really hope they didn't get rid of the Sydney's gun exploit. It's nice to get an awesome gun and 50 10mm rounds for free.

I don't know what the 'exploit' is, but I got her Ultra SMG when she died at the hands of Super Mutants in the National Archives. Are you suggesting that you can get more than one of her weapons?

I did take advantage of a 'glitch' that I first read about on GameFaqs in order to obtain Colonel Autumn's Laser pistol, which is a modified, fully automatic version of the standard laser pistol. This modified version weighs less than, and does a whole lot more damage than a standard laser pistol. I don't know if the patch eliminated this glitch.

I did not know bethesda fixes exploints :). Morrowind never had its exploits fixed and Oblivion game of the year did not fix its exploits either. May be they like to keep the"play the way you want".

I almost got it today because it was on sale for $49.99. But I got Bioshock and MotorStorm 2 for $40 each.

Rented this out today (goes back about 6pm tomorrow). Really good game, want to spend more time on it, then buy it. Good fun.

I don't know what the 'exploit' is, but I got her Ultra SMG when she died at the hands of Super Mutants in the National Archives. Are you suggesting that you can get more than one of her weapons?

I did take advantage of a 'glitch' that I first read about on GameFaqs in order to obtain Colonel Autumn's Laser pistol, which is a modified, fully automatic version of the standard laser pistol. This modified version weighs less than, and does a whole lot more damage than a standard laser pistol. I don't know if the patch eliminated this glitch.

If you do that quest with her after you do the Reilly's Rangers quest, there are dialogue options to get her Ultra SMG and 50 rounds of 10mm ammo indefinitely. You need to find the "Little Moonbeam" holotape that's in the hotel during the Reilly's Rangers quest. It's a recording of her father's final message to her. When you're done with the National Archives quest, ask her about her gun and she'll tell you a story about how her dad taught her everything about guns and all that. Then ask about her dad. She'll rant for a while about how he was all cool but then just left her one day and never returned. Then you can select to show her the holotape. In exchange, she'll give you her gun and her ammo since she was retiring from treasure hunting anyway. But you never actually give her the holotape, so you can just restart a conversation with her and ask about her gun again, repeating the process for as many times as you want. I got about 20 guns and 1000 rounds from her in this way.

This game is amazing. I can look past the clunky non-V.A.T.S. combat, because it is an addicting game.

And there really is something oddly beautiful about the desolate landscape. The game is a lot pretty than i thought it would be. 👍

If you do that quest with her after you do the Reilly's Rangers quest, there are dialogue options to get her Ultra SMG and 50 rounds of 10mm ammo indefinitely. You need to find the "Little Moonbeam" holotape that's in the hotel during the Reilly's Rangers quest. ****snip****
I found that "Little Moonbeam" holotape, but way after Sydney bit the dust. I'll try to keep her alive if I ever go through the game again with a different character.

This game is amazing. I can look past the clunky non-V.A.T.S. combat, because it is an addicting game.****snip****
While playing as a Stealth Character, with many maxed out skills, including Small Guns, I have found that scoring a critical strike outside of V.A.T.S. is deadly. It may also have to do with the Perks that you've selected....Sniper comes to mind.

Have you tried using a Sniper Rifle, and in particular either the Reservist's Rifle or the Victory Rifle, while holding the L2 Button down? Although .308 ammo is a bit hard to come by, the scope will allow you to zoom in on distant targets while hidden, and more often than not, will allow you to make a critical hit (and possibly a one-shot kill), even on a Supermutant. If your Small Guns skill is at 100, the reticle is rock-steady, and the bullet goes exactly where you are aiming. Heck, I've even managed to do this many times with the Dart Gun, which is by far my favorite weapon in the game.

I found that "Little Moonbeam" holotape, but way after Sydney bit the dust. I'll try to keep her alive if I ever go through the game again with a different character.

While playing as a Stealth Character, with many maxed out skills, including Small Guns, I have found that scoring a critical strike outside of V.A.T.S. is deadly. It may also have to do with the Perks that you've selected....Sniper comes to mind.

Have you tried using a Sniper Rifle, and in particular either the Reservist's Rifle or the Victory Rifle, while holding the L2 Button down? Although .308 ammo is a bit hard to come by, the scope will allow you to zoom in on distant targets while hidden, and more often than not, will allow you to make a critical hit (and possibly a one-shot kill), even on a Supermutant. If your Small Guns skill is at 100, the reticle is rock-steady, and the bullet goes exactly where you are aiming. Heck, I've even managed to do this many times with the Dart Gun, which is by far my favorite weapon in the game.

Good tips. I have yet to start this game, (still waiting to finish up Burnout Paradise before I start), and I plan to take a 'Sniper' role in this game (shoot from a distance, never be seen). So, I'd appreciate any tips you can offer me, like what perks I should go for, how I should set up my character, etc.

I'mma buy this with the cash from this week, I play'd it (as some of you know from previouse pages) and abs. Loved it...

I just started over again last night, this time with an evil character. Killing everyone should be fun. :)

That's a crazy amount of time just to finish the game once. I can't imagine doing it all over again. I would hope that you could keep your stats, etc.

That's a crazy amount of time just to finish the game once. I can't imagine doing it all over again. I would hope that you could keep your stats, etc.
That's the good thing about this game, if you play it again with a different character, you'll be playing a different game. :)

Is there a way to start over with a new character, yet keep all your stats, perks and inventory?

The best you can do, as far as i know, is save the game before you leave Vault 101. Right before opening the wooden door you can change your race, sex, S.P.E.C.I.A.L. and so on. Then just load from there to be able to skip your childhood.

Wow, i did not realize Science skill would be so important. 4 missions into the main quest and i need a skill of 75 to unlock a terminal... I currently have around 25... :ouch:

I just started over again last night, this time with an evil character. Killing everyone should be fun. :)

Going through the whole game, did you experience any glitches inherent to the PS3 version? I am undecided whether or not to get the PS3 or PC version of the game. Other than being a little cheaper on the PC version, relaxing with a PS3 controller might be nice!

Going through the whole game, did you experience any glitches inherent to the PS3 version? I am undecided whether or not to get the PS3 or PC version of the game. Other than being a little cheaper on the PC version, relaxing with a PS3 controller might be nice!

I haven't been through the whole game, but playing about 18 hours over about 3 days, i've had no troubles on the PS3 except for some minor framerate slowdowns in the Wasteland.

Actually a buddy of mine stuck solely to the main quest and finished the game in about 15 hours or so. I guess it is somewhat like Fable 2 in that regard meaning that the real meat of the gameplay exists in the "side" or "surrounding" quests.

Now for comparison, I've been playing for a solid 9+ hours now and have yet to progress past the town of Megaton in the main quest (so maybe 10% done?). I also prefer the immersion of walking the full distance to a new quest location as opposed to fast traveling. Obviously that technique chews up some serious play time all by its lonesome.

Other than the usual bugs that appear on all versions I have not noticed anything at all, runs like a dream over here. 👍 They also released a patch. Don't know what this fixed exactly, besides adding trophies.

I was having trouble with freezing but since the patch the most I've had is some slow downs and a few "I hope this long loading time isn't a freeze". I did however, manage to accidentally overwrite my game save while starting a new game so I'm playing through again.

Back