• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 7 comments

NLxAROSA

Dual wielding Uzis FTW!
Premium
Netherlands
The Black Lodge
Teaser released today.

More unveiling tomorrow at The Game Awards. Is Far Cry going the Fallout 76 route? And if so, will they do a better job than Bethesda? :P

And if so, will they do a better job than Bethesda?

The bar is so low they couldn't even trip on it at this point, the only reason most people like Fallout 4 is they don't exactly have much in the way of options, sure it does some things better than any other game (mainly just the world and lore) but it does it with a terrible story, a reduced emphasis on the RPG aspect and all on a janky engine that clearly can't handle what it's being forced to do and should never have made it out of the '00s.

I would love to see another big publisher attempt the Fallout recipe, even just to give Bethesda the wake up call they need to actually make something good (and new), not sure Far Cry is the franchise I would've picked since it has its own problems but I'll take what I can get.

I can imagine the delight on the faces of the dev team as Fallout 76 was launched :lol:

I think the only thing I’m really interested in is how they structure the game. FarCry games haven’t really been about discovery... which is kinda a big deal in a post-apocalyptic

So, anyone playing this? Got this and I think as an 'in-between' FC this game is really great. Gameplay is streamlined a lot, replay value is excellent because of randomization in both the Outposts and the Expeditions (which are awesome by itself), no bugs and it runs great. If they plan to scale this out in the next 'large' FC than I am one happy gamer. Joseph Seed has to be one of the most iconic characters in the series. 👍 RPG-lite mechanisms also work really well IMO.

I started it with a friend last weekend. I really like the antagonist pair, during the intro sequence all I could think was "You two are rad, can I join your crew?!"

We didn't get very far, maybe 2 hours maximum but had a good time with it. The crafting and item collection was a real departure, as was seeing health bars above enemies, but I liked what I played. Good price too!

Now about that Wiki-Bean-ia guy and his reach-around jokes though...

The first and only Far Cry game I’ve played has been 4 which I must say I absolutely loved. Any game that makes me want to visit the areas it is based on is a winner in my book and damn do I really want to go to India after playing that game.

Wanted to try out Primal but never got around to it and while the story of 5 looked interesting, the setting didn’t hold a candle to 4 (sorry Montana).

This is another one that doesn’t really jump out to me.

Latest Posts

Back