fanart SCREENS GT5

Lovely stuff Brad! I really like how the car info window appears from the corner of the name tab. It is amazing the difference in seeing a still and an animation. Worlds apart.

It really is something I should try. Great work again Brad.

Lovely stuff Brad! I really like how the car info window appears from the corner of the name tab. It is amazing the difference in seeing a still and an animation. Worlds apart.

It really is something I should try. Great work again Brad.

Cheers mate! Yeah you should definitely have a crack at it. As you said, worlds apart.👍

Brad.

8743929874_837f3d89a8_h.jpg

With all the buzz today, I decided to go back to the drawing board. I wanted to try and do something more modern, going in the complete opposite direction from the retro designs I did a few months ago. I'm pretty sure that all the screens I make from here on out will be in this style.

The inspiration for this design actually came from my tablet (Android specifically, as the Roboto font is a dead giveaway). It's functionally very different from my other designs as well. On the left, there's a scrolling menu with what you'd consider main options; the typical race/dealership/garage/etc. The home page, as you can see, is separate from the other options. My idea is that this page acts as a desktop, and the time, weather, current car, level, cash and inbox overlays are all widgets that can be repositioned or replaced. As you scroll up and down, that large right portion of the screen that comprises the homescreen will change to fit whatever option you've highlighted. As I do more designs in this style, this will be a bit more clear.

I should give credit to P.J. Onori for his Iconic icon pack, which I used extensively to make this UI. Normally I don't use icons because I'm awful at making them myself, but fortunately I was able to find a free set that was perfect for what I was aiming to do. You can download them for yourself here.

Also cause I haven't said it in a while, thanks everyone for the compliments and advice. I feel like I'm improving with each new screen, which is always a good thing.

Last edited:
Nice work, glassjaw. I immediately recognized the font - great choice! I find that your latest design looks modern yet functional/simple. On top of that, I like the widgets, because they give the user important information without being disruptive. 👍

Here is my latest piece - Licence Centre. It is the second screen for the Licence Centre, the first being the actual Licence selection, while the next is where you can get a preview demonstration. I will be doing these screens soon. Each licence will have a different colour scheme in the same way GT5 has.

HIf34jV.jpg

Glassjaw I am liking that new screen. Before I read your description I immediately felt it had a tablet vibe to it. I would like to see the other backgrounds. Also, having widgets is a neat idea!

Great work.

Last edited:
8743929874_837f3d89a8_h.jpg

With all the buzz today, I decided to go back to the drawing board. I wanted to try and do something more modern, going in the complete opposite direction from the retro designs I did a few months ago. I'm pretty sure that all the screens I make from here on out will be in this style.

The inspiration for this design actually came from my tablet (Android specifically, as the Roboto font is a dead giveaway). It's functionally very different from my other designs as well. On the left, there's a scrolling menu with what you'd consider main options; the typical race/dealership/garage/etc. The home page, as you can see, is separate from the other options. My idea is that this page acts as a desktop, and the time, weather, current car, level, cash and inbox overlays are all widgets that can be repositioned or replaced. As you scroll up and down, that large right portion of the screen that comprises the homescreen will change to fit whatever option you've highlighted. As I do more designs in this style, this will be a bit more clear.

I should give credit to P.J. Onori for his Iconic icon pack, which I used extensively to make this UI. Normally I don't use icons because I'm awful at making them myself, but fortunately I was able to find a free set that was perfect for what I was aiming to do. You can download them for yourself here.

Also cause I haven't said it in a while, thanks everyone for the compliments and advice. I feel like I'm improving with each new screen, which is always a good thing.

Thanks for the compliments.:) Much appreciated!

Absolutely love it mate! I also immediately related to the Roboto typeface and the Holo like design philosophy. I am also a huge fan of this design style and have also been through a phase where a lot of my design work for other projects have Holo style references incorporated. Well I say phase but I still do it sometimes today!:sly: Also think the widgets idea is an awesome one to implement! People always like customisability.👍

Regarding CC, I would suggest making the A and B spec levels larger. Maybe thats just something that irks me alone but maybe that could be fixable with the custom widgets idea you've implemented. Also could the left navigation bar have a Show/Hide toggle? Or maybe even Auto-Hide. Unless you have thought of that already then feel free to let me know. :) As Paul said, it would be nice to see some different backgrounds to compliment the design. Other than that keep up the great work pal. :)

Here is my latest piece - Licence Centre. It is the second screen for the Licence Centre, the first being the actual Licence selection, while the next is where you can get a preview demonstration. I will be doing these screens soon. Each licence will have a different colour scheme in the same way GT5 has.

Paul. Also a brilliant design! 👍 I really do like the clean aesthetics of this screen. Showing an excellent design hierarchy, making navigation clear and simple. I'd say this is the best screen you've created so far IMO.:) Looking forward to seeing more of your concepts buddy! :)

After a bit of thought, seeing the new GT6 menu concepts and looking at you guys' brilliant work, I've scrapped my current menu design. At the time I created it last year (July), some of my design tastes have altered slightly since then.:crazy: HAHA! So when I get some time to myself, I plan on creating a new and fresh design concept.

You guys should really try animating your menu designs. I didn't realise how much it changed the design, until I actually animated it. Yeah it's a bit of a learning curve but its a great skill to learn. If thats not your cup of tea, I really don't mind animating your designs for you (when I get a little time:)). If thats the case, just either reply here or drop me a PM (I'm online at least once a day). Looking forward to seeing more of your creative ideas in the future!:)

Many thanks for reading.

Brad:)

Last edited:
That video is fantastic!

I agree! I always liked the main menu of GT5P and was disappointed with the menus of the finished product. If they can do something like this with GT6 it would look fantastic!

Well done! :dopey:

Paul. Also a brilliant design! 👍 I really do like the clean aesthetics of this screen. Showing an excellent design hierarchy, making navigation clear and simple. I'd say this is the best screen you've created so far IMO.:) Looking forward to seeing more of your concepts buddy! :)
Brad:)
Thanks Brad. The best I have done so far? I plan on doing the screens before and after this to complete the Licence Centre. Animating them is also on my list. That will take a long time as I have no idea where to begin.

Thanks again Brad!

Thanks Brad. The best I have done so far? I plan on doing the screens before and after this to complete the Licence Centre.

Hey mate. :)Doesn't make much sense now I read it back because the other screens are of a different menu screen. HAHA!:crazy: So ignore what I said about the best you've done so far. I think it's a strong design should I say:sly:. Looking forward to seeing your developments.

Animating them is also on my list. That will take a long time as I have no idea where to begin.

Thanks again Brad!

Is that regarding knowing how to animate it or just where to start animating out of all of your menu designs?

If its the former, I would start with video tutorials as with a lot of digital techniques nowadays.

However if it's the latter then what can I say but good luck! HEHE!:scared:

Thanks mate, Brad.👍

Here's the race tab to follow up my previous design. I also redid the home screen with slightly altered widgets and made the bar on the left slimmer as it was taking up too much room. I also put in an L1 on that bar indicating it can be hidden (good suggestion Brad).

gt6_tab_ui__race_screen_by_jetsetsonic-d672273.png

gt6_tab_ui__home_screen_by_jetsetsonic-d6722p9.png

Last edited:
glassjaw
Here's the race tab to follow up my previous design.

Very nice Glassjaw! The category panels look fantastic and the image choices for them show a nice progression of performance. Great stuff as always.

Here's the race tab to follow up my previous design. I also redid the home screen with slightly altered widgets and made the bar on the left slimmer as it was taking up too much room. I also put in an L1 on that bar indicating it can be hidden (good suggestion Brad).

gt6_tab_ui__race_screen_by_jetsetsonic-d672273.png

Bloody fantastic matey! As Paul mentioned, I also love the category panels and the layout!:)

I definitely like the slimmer navigation bar down the left side. A quick question. Is the entire menu concept all scroll based? I was thinking this would be a great idea for a fluid experience when navigating to the different menu categories or maybe thats just me. :crazy:

Havn't got round to starting another design yet, been quite busy as of late!:scared:

Anyway, keep up the great work everyone!👍

Brad.​

Thanks guys! In response to your question Brad, the idea is that the nav bar is persistent and always running, kind of like the taskbar on Windows or dock on OS X. This allows you to fast-travel between menu items. For example, in GT5 if you were viewing a car in the dealership and then wanted to go race, you'd have to back out through all of the dealership sub-menus just to return to the home screen, and then you would select A-spec events or whatever. With this system, you'd simply press L1 to regain control of the nav bar and you could then scroll up to race. You'd also be able to set the nav bar to auto-hide and reveal itself when you press L1. I didn't have all of this in mind at the start, but your question helped me reason it out, so thanks. Now if only I could animate all of that... :dunce: I suppose that's the next step!

Last edited:
Here is my latest piece - Licence Demo which follows directly on from the image I posted above on this page recently.

It is self explanatory and functions in the same way as it did in GT5 while looking more aesthetically cohesive with the other Licence Centre screens than GT5 did.

8936509715_dce02e6523_o.jpg

It would be nice to have this thread renamed and moved to the GT6 forum.

Last edited:
Very nice Paul, all the information is there and I like the color theme you have going for the license menus. Also I agree, this thread doesn't really apply to GT5 or GT5's photo mode at all anymore, haha.

Here's my latest design, a pre-race screen. It's pretty self explanatory. The background would be live shots of the track like in GT5 rather than just a wallpaper.

gt_tab_ui__pre_race_screen_by_jetsetsonic-d6a3xlt.png

As always this is very nice GlassJaw. I like this crisp, clean and modern approach.

However, having said that I do have a problem with it... Your are teasing with some of the cars you have. I would love to see the Ferrari 458GT in GT6! It is cruel including that.
:sly:

Last edited:
It's been a while, but I want to get back into this thread! So here's another version of the pre-race screen that I did a while back. At first I wasn't a huge fan of it, but the more I look at it, the more I prefer it to the one I uploaded earlier. Next I want to take a crack at the garage UI, then maybe the dealerships...

GT6 Pre-Race Concept.png

Pro-tip: I've found that right-clicking and opening the image in a new tab gives you a full view, rather than clicking on the image from within the forum cause that can be a pain.

GT6 Garage List.png

Here's the garage menu! Pretty simple, but I found GT5's garage UI to be rather limited and difficult in terms of organization, so with my proposal you'd be allowed to apply custom tags to your vehicles. Each tag would create a folder tab at the top of the menu, and all the cars containing that tag will automatically be placed in that folder. Additionally, one car can have multiple tags. You'd also be able to name your cars for an even greater level of organization. Say you have one 370Z for drifting, and another for drag racing - you can give them each custom names accordingly to help with visibility when you are cycling through your vehicles. Also note that the car on the top is the current vehicle you are in, not the highlighted one.

Last edited:
Lovely images Glassjaw. I particularly like your pre-race screen. It has a modern classy vibe about the colours and the fantastic background image helps. Great stuff.

Your garage image just teases us with the ability to organise our cars how we want! Clean and simple in it's layout, which is what games should aim for, would aid in slick navigation of menus.

I have not done any GT6 UI images since my last post but I have started on some GT App screens while still working on my PS4 UI project and have started looking at a book cover I have been asked to design. I will put up some GT App screens soon.

Last edited:
Back