fanart SCREENS GT5

Good job, Scuderia Paul. I like the clean look of that screen and the way the player gets the desired information. 👍

gt6_concept_ui___car_dealership_screen_by_jetsetsonic-d5xivmi.png

So it's been a while, but I'm back into the fanart business! This is my idea of a dealership screen for GT6. It's pretty simple - you can scroll left/right to change countries and up/down to choose a manufacturer. Depending on which manufacturer you highlight, the background will change. Once you select a manufacturer, you'll enter their showroom, where you can browse new or used cars - I'll be uploading an example of a showroom next.

My choice of retro-style buttons got a negative response with my last few designs, so I've taken them out in this menu and won't be using them again. Let me know what you guys think!

gt6_concept_ui___car_dealership_screen_by_jetsetsonic-d5xivmi.png

So it's been a while, but I'm back into the fanart business! This is my idea of a dealership screen for GT6. It's pretty simple - you can scroll left/right to change countries and up/down to choose a manufacturer. Depending on which manufacturer you highlight, the background will change. Once you select a manufacturer, you'll enter their showroom, where you can browse new or used cars - I'll be uploading an example of a showroom next.

My choice of retro-style buttons got a negative response with my last few designs, so I've taken them out in this menu and won't be using them again. Let me know what you guys think!

That design is, as you said, 'simple' yet looks professional. Almost as though it's a screenshot of GT6, I hope:D

Great design.

That's a fantastic dealership screen, glassjaw - as you said, it's very simple, but it's also well-thought-out. 👍

gt6_concept_ui__showroom__mazda__by_jetsetsonic-d5xratc.png

Here's a manufacturer showroom. Within the showroom, you can browse new cars, used cars, racing cars, and take part in certain events. Again, very straightforward. The inspiration for the design came from GT1 and GT2's interface. I used to love how Polyphony would use real press shots in the menus, to make it feel as if you were in an actual showroom. I've taken this a step further here. Everything is dynamic - when you highlight Mazda's racing tab, the background changes to a shot of a 787B in pit lane at Le Mans, and the ticker at the bottom provides a brief synopsis of Mazda's racing history. Again, this is very simple, but I feel like every showroom should be slightly different, because every manufacturer has a different history. The theme here is blue for Mazda, though this would change to red for Ferrari and green for Aston Martin, etc.

Last edited:
gt6_concept_ui__showroom__mazda__by_jetsetsonic-d5xratc.png

Here's a manufacturer showroom. Within the showroom, you can browse new cars, used cars, racing cars, and take part in certain events. Again, very straightforward. The inspiration for the design came from GT1 and GT2's interface. I used to love how Polyphony would use real press shots in the menus, to make it feel as if you were in an actual showroom. I've taken this a step further here. Everything is dynamic - when you highlight Mazda's racing tab, the background changes to a shot of a 787B in pit lane at Le Mans, and the ticker at the bottom provides a brief synopsis of Mazda's racing history. Again, this is very simple, but I feel like every showroom should be slightly different, because every manufacturer has a different history. The theme here is blue for Mazda, though this would change to red for Ferrari and green for Aston Martin, etc.

:drool::drool::drool:

How about showing the new, used, racing and event showrooms?

I haven't been to this thread in weeks either nor have I done any new works. I've been on a PS4 UI project, with some Sony feedback, for a bit and have a couple of others ongoing.
I have a GT6 car settings and online store screens in the works I must finish.

Glassjaw, as always, you are coming up with some superb designs. Both those screens are really impressive. The country selection is gorgeous.

Being Irish I feel I should mention that Ireland is not part of the United Kingdom. Regardless, super work Glassjaw! I shall have to get back to this thread now.

It would be great if this thread was moved to the GT6 forum...

Last edited:
This a piece I had finished but never shared. It is a simple Car Profile screen. I just wanted to do something a little more interesting than just a window with text so I came up with using a wire mesh of the featured car.

zBJAVBA.jpg

Just visited this thread for the 1st time...

Scuderia_Paul, your designs/ideas are truly amazing. :drool:
I really hope we get something even similar to your work in GT6>. ;)👍

Just visited this thread for the 1st time...

Scuderia_Paul, your designs/ideas are truly amazing. :drool:
I really hope we get something even similar to your work in GT6>. ;)👍

Guardian, thank you so much for that compliment! If you could convince Polyphony Digital to employ me I would be forever grateful.

I need to keep trying to think up different ideas as there are a couple of others here keeping me on my toes with their super works. Thanks again.

Just looking through this thread after a long while and thought I'd bring a bit of life to it. Wow guys, you are all doing some great work here.

Scuderia Paul- Love most of your designs, as some have mentioned screenshots like the online lobby screen feel a little cluttered but that maybe my different taste in design.

Glassjaw- I really like what you have come up with on these latest designs. They look really professional and clean. My design style leans towards simplicity, so that probably explains why I like them so much.

As someone mentioned about animating them. Seeing as I've just finished for summer from uni and have some time, I'm going to have an attempt at animating my existing menu concept that I posted on GTPlanet last year.

While I'm at it I would like to refine it and as I didn't get much critique last year when I posted it I'm going to upload it here and I would like you guys to pick up on things you dont like etc.

Will upload the pic later, forgot my Flickr password lol.:grumpy:

Many thanks. Brad.:)

gt5 brad gt5
Scuderia Paul- Love most of your designs, as some have mentioned screenshots like the online lobby screen feel a little cluttered but that maybe my different taste in design.

Glassjaw- I really like what you have come up with on these latest designs. They look really professional and clean. My design style leans towards simplicity, so that probably explains why I like them so much.

Thanks Brad. I agree completely with you about my Online Lobby being too cluttered. It was the final piece I did before starting my new style with the Photo Travel and Media Gallery screens. I hope to do a new Online Lobby in the coming weeks when I finish my Car Configurator.

Glassjaw has come up with some absolutely fabulous pieces recently. His manufacturer country selection screen is gorgeous.

I look forward to seeing some more work from yourself Brad. How do you go about animating your stuff?

Thanks Brad. I agree completely with you about my Online Lobby being too cluttered. It was the final piece I did before starting my new style with the Photo Travel and Media Gallery screens. I hope to do a new Online Lobby in the coming weeks when I finish my Car Configurator.

Glassjaw has come up with some absolutely fabulous pieces recently. His manufacturer country selection screen is gorgeous.

I look forward to seeing some more work from yourself Brad. How do you go about animating your stuff?

Hi mate, yeah gona be animating it using Adobe After Effects as you can import photoshop files and still maintain control over layers etc. Will prob get round to starting it by the weekend, after Formula 1 of course... :P Look forward to seeing your new screens man!👍 Still awaiting on my Flickr password from support lol...:grumpy:

Nice job Brad. I like your category icons but what are the mini icons to the right hand side? I assume the cog is Settings but the other 2 are?

If I was to make minor changes I would remove the refresh weather and GT Life icons and reduce the space allocation for your A-Spec, B-Spec and current credits and put current car and time in that area. It would improve the viewing of the background. In fact the refresh weather could be removed all together as being connected to PSN and the GT server it could update automatically.

The blue outer glow on your icons is lovely.

Nice job Brad. I like your category icons but what are the mini icons to the right hand side? I assume the cog is Settings but the other 2 are?

If I was to make minor changes I would remove the refresh weather and GT Life icons and reduce the space allocation for your A-Spec, B-Spec and current credits and put current car and time in that area. It would improve the viewing of the background. In fact the refresh weather could be removed all together as being connected to PSN and the GT server it could update automatically.

The blue outer glow on your icons is lovely.

Heya mate. Thanks for the CC I'll look into making some of them changes in my next version. Managed to find a couple of hours last night to start on my animation for the current design. Ill post up my progress on YouTube tonight. :)

Many thanks. Brad

Hey guys. As mentioned previously, I managed to make a start on animating my menu design. Well here's my progress so far. This is a Work In Progress (WIP) and lacks refinements. However it gives a good feeling to what I want in my menu concept. A lot of animations need polish like easy ease keyframes etc. I'd also like to add some audio of the buttons getting pressed which I think would be pretty fun to do:). Anyway here's my work so far:

EDIT: Fixed embedded video.

Last edited:
The idea is good, but I think you need something less distracting. The icons are too big, but again, the idea is right.
Specially the weather icon for the circuits. Though that was an idea for GT5 that Kaz couldn't implement.

Hey guys. As mentioned previously, I managed to make a start on animating my menu design. Well here's my progress so far. This is a Work In Progress (WIP) and lacks refinements. However it gives a good feeling to what I want in my menu concept. A lot of animations need polish like easy ease keyframes etc. I'd also like to add some audio of the buttons getting pressed which I think would be pretty fun to do:). Anyway here's my work so far:

EDIT: Fixed embedded video.

Good job man! 👍 I think the icon sounds from gt1 and gt2 are the best. Try adding those and see if it suits your menu.

The idea is good, but I think you need something less distracting. The icons are too big, but again, the idea is right.
Specially the weather icon for the circuits. Though that was an idea for GT5 that Kaz couldn't implement.

Thanks for the feedback mate! yeah I do tend to agree about the oversized icons. Thats something I want to adress in my next menu design concept.:)

Good job man! I think the icon sounds from gt1 and gt2 are the best. Try adding those and see if it suits your menu.

Thanks buddy! Yeah I was thinking about GT1 sounds myself, will definitely give it a try this weekend!👍

Thanks. Brad.:)

Thanks for the feedback mate! yeah I do tend to agree about the oversized icons. Thats something I want to adress in my next menu design concept.:)

Thanks buddy! Yeah I was thinking about GT1 sounds myself, will definitely give it a try this weekend!👍

Thanks. Brad.:)

No problem dude! Keep it up! :)

Back