fanart SCREENS GT5

otwzf.jpg

Here is my latest screen for GT6 - Media Gallery. I wanted a place for all saved replays and photos, as having separate locations in GT5 annoys me a little, and also a means of ingame access to Photo Stream. When you select a full-screen image you are presented with further options like GT5 such as 'Export to XMB'.

Also, please excuse the slight blurring as Imgur, the image host, has dropped quality recently.

Just incase I am not on before it I want to say Merry Christmas to all GTP members!
:)

Last edited:
nice!👍 It has a very sony-ish feel....Great also that it's compiled in one selection, not individual icons like what is currently used

Pretty sure there is already a thread for this, but I think it's in the GT6 section. Hm.
Either way, most of this stuff looks amazing.

nice!👍 It has a very sony-ish feel....Great also that it's compiled in one selection, not individual icons like what is currently used
Thanks BinBin90. Having a central media section would certainly be more convenient.

Pretty sure there is already a thread for this, but I think it's in the GT6 section. Hm.
Either way, most of this stuff looks amazing.

Thanks Traviizter. There is a thread specifically for designing a new GT Life screen for GT6 not a general fanart screens.

Guys. Stop. Please. You're getting me too excited for what GT6 could potentially be.

Scuderia Paul, I sincerely hope your designs get put in GT6. And I also think you might have a possible career as UI designer for other companies. Unless you already do that.

CallmeDan
Scuderia Paul, I sincerely hope your designs get put in GT6. And I also think you might have a possible career as UI designer for other companies. Unless you already do that.

Thanks a lot CallmeDan. Currently it is just a hobby but this project will form part of my portfolio which I'm building now. Graphic design has always been my love and a career in it is my aim.
I did accountancy in college and when we got an assignment I would leave a week for formatting graphics and so on.

I hope more people try screens too as I sometimes feel people may see this thread as a means of my self-promotion. At times I hesitate to upload new images as a result. This has been an opportunity to combine two of biggest hobbies - Graphic design and games. GT to be more specific.

There are several members who have designed wonderful UI screens and I'd love to see more of their works. Considerable time can be invested in these so I understand that many don't have that available. You get great freedom when not limited to a GT Life framework.

Enough from me anyway. Merry Christmas to all GTP members!!!

Last edited:
Exceptional work on that media center!
It would be awesome to have such an logic, self - explaining and minimalistic interface to manage all your stuff like photos, replays, etc.

Well done, Paul! 👍
Happy new Year!

optiongamers
I'm loving the pictures and ideas I might have a go at this myself sometime.

Thanks for that OptionGamers. I would really like to see more of us share our visions for GT6. Go for it!

Exceptional work on that media center!
It would be awesome to have such an logic, self - explaining and minimalistic interface to manage all your stuff like photos, replays, etc.

Well done, Paul! 👍
Happy new Year!

Happy new year 20832. I appreciate the kind feedback as always.

I have almost completed my Online Lobby and Garage pieces too.

Last edited:
Im starting doing a image but what is the best size I can use.

EDIT:Never mind I have got a ok size but I will see how it dose.

Last edited:
D9ONa.jpg

So I went back to the drawing board to try something different, and here's what I came up with. The idea was to create an interface inspired by GT1 and GT2 (most obvious in the circular menu options and the color scheme). With this one I have already started to do different screens based on this theme; one of which I'm working on is the Inbox where you'd send and receive messages and gifts.

I could go through the details of everything this menu system has to offer, but it's pretty self-explanatory and I'm feeling kind of lazy, so I'll just leave it up here.

That's amazing :drool: If something like that ever made it to GT6, then there should be an option to have your photomode pics cycle in the background.

I like the mix between classic GT colours and icons and the modern styling you have used in your previous GT Life pieces. Actually, modernising the GT1 / GT2 style has never even occurred to me as I have been caught up in my own thing.

Good work as always Glassjaw. Keep it up!
👍

I want Scuderia Paul to design all GT6 menus. glassjaw's work is appreciated, too. ;)
Thanks GT-R! All I need you to do now is send Kaz or PD a tweet with your suggestion and I am sorted. I'll be waiting...

Thanks again for the feedback.

D9ONa.jpg

So I went back to the drawing board to try something different, and here's what I came up with. The idea was to create an interface inspired by GT1 and GT2 (most obvious in the circular menu options and the color scheme). With this one I have already started to do different screens based on this theme; one of which I'm working on is the Inbox where you'd send and receive messages and gifts.

I could go through the details of everything this menu system has to offer, but it's pretty self-explanatory and I'm feeling kind of lazy, so I'll just leave it up here.

really nice 👍 plus that LFA background, love it! :eek:

K6rms.jpg

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the comments!

Here's the second part of the GT Life screen - the inbox. You bring up the inbox by pressing triangle, and from the GT Life menu you can see the number of unread alerts you have in the top right corner. Once you're in the inbox you can view gifts and messages you've received, and you can also send content as well. Here the gifts tab is highlighted, and gifts show up as tickets similar to the way GT5 operated.

Not digging the buttons on either screen, but oh god those ticket designs... So bloody beautiful.

glassjaw

That's very nice! I'm really liking the design of the gift tickets Glassjaw.

One thing I would say however is that the GT1 / GT2 style buttons are slightly at odds with your contemporary ticket style. A more modern button design would suit much better. Bar that I cannot fault your work - Always quality.
:-)

I'm glad you guys like the tickets. As for your point Scuderia Paul, yeah that same thought crossed through my mind as I was planning things out. I realized that it would be very difficult to make tickets keeping in line with the GT1/2 style, so I pretty much ignored continuity when I made this part of the interface. With other aspects of the UI I plan to stay true to the old games.

Here is my latest piece - Online Lobby.

kSCt1.jpg

As with the majority of pieces I do, I try to cut down on the frequently unnecessary menu travel from GT5. The Settings have been brought into the primary window as it will accommodate a significant reduction in this menu travel.

I have continued to furnish each screen with it's own colour scheme as GT5 is sometimes a little dark with it's primarily graphite and black palette.

As always, please excuse the graininess as Imgur has dropped quality somewhat.

Although I like the concept behind "No Menu" - idea, I don't think that it's been executed well. It just feels very cluttered and the font of the settings menu doesn't fit in the whole concept you've showed with the media gallery.

Just feels too old school and would be fine in GT1 or GT2, but not in the age of GT5 or GT6.

Sorry :(

Although I like the concept behind "No Menu" - idea, I don't think that it's been executed well. It just feels very cluttered and the font of the settings menu doesn't fit in the whole concept you've showed with the media gallery.

Just feels too old school and would be fine in GT1 or GT2, but not in the age of GT5 or GT6.

Sorry :(

Don't be sorry 20832 feedback is what I want. Funny you should mention it doesn't fit with the Media Gallery piece as I started the Lobby in April 2012 according to it's properties and have been chipping away at it on and off. My Photo Travel and Media Gallery pieces are from my new more modern style and actually don't feature that font you mentioned.

I appreciate the feedback and I will start from scratch but in the new style and perhaps with more menu travel to help de-clutter. I have just started a new Online Store for selling liveries and logos so it will take some time.
👍

I have to agree with 20832's comment Paul, this screen is a bit too cluttered for my taste, but then of course we have different design philosophies and there's nothing wrong with that! I do like specific elements of this piece though - the tabbed settings menu, for instance, and the way the location and track conditions are presented. It's like a command center, the type of thing I imagine engineers look at on computer screens in garages during a race, and that's pretty cool.

My latest piece - My Garage.

I admit there is not a lot you can really do with such a piece so it is nothing special. I think subconsciously it came from some cars I would love GT6 to feature. Thanks to SimRaceway website for the renders. It would also offer the usual options of layout we have in GT5.

OMUSABz.jpg

Back