Fanatec and PS4 Troubleshooting/SettingsPS4 

• Thread starter Smoothherb
  • 392 comments
VBR
Well, the 2.0 update has made more than just some settings redundant, my wheel & pedals are redundant!

For some reason the game thinks my GT2 is now a Turbo S & it doesn't recognise any inputs from my pedals, so my pedals don't work. The wheel can't be calibrated properly either.

Been doing some trouble shooting, & here's what I found;

Tried GT2 & G25 pedals in another game, pedals still weren't working. So not a Project CARS problem, but an issue with the wheel. Fixed the issue in Project CARS by going to track, pausing the game, then unplugging the pedals & plugging them back in (when I unplugged the pedals anywhere else the game just crashed).

Can now calibrate the pedals, but the game is still showing the turbo S menu instead of the GT2 menu, so that's a weird little problem.

Calibrated the wheel, but realised I had to turn it until the read out said 900 degrees instead of trying to hold it at a 90 degree angle as the game suggests.

The wheel was off center again after the update, & I had to set it back to center again (see wheel manual).

Thought I'd post this in case any GT2 wheel owners get similar issues.

👍

VBR
Been doing some trouble shooting, & here's what I found;

Tried GT2 & G25 pedals in another game, pedals still weren't working. So not a Project CARS problem, but an issue with the wheel. Fixed the issue in Project CARS by going to track, pausing the game, then unplugging the pedals & plugging them back in (when I unplugged the pedals anywhere else the game just crashed).

Can now calibrate the pedals, but the game is still showing the turbo S menu instead of the GT2 menu, so that's a weird little problem.

Calibrated the wheel, but realised I had to turn it until the read out said 900 degrees instead of trying to hold it at a 90 degree angle as the game suggests.

The wheel was off center again after the update, & I had to set it back to center again (see wheel manual).

Thought I'd post this in case any GT2 wheel owners get similar issues.

👍
I'm a gt2 user as well , if you calibrate your pedals don't you lose l2 and r2 button function?

I'm a gt2 user as well , if you calibrate your pedals don't you lose l2 and r2 button function?

I'm using G25 pedals, & can't remember losing any functions (I'll double check & report back though). That said it doesn't matter now as we can use our DS4's as well as our wheels.

Anyone else observing the return of the nervous D-Pad controller? Mine is again acting like week one release.
Again very frustrating. Especially since I had it working as well as one could expect for a controller vs. a wheel.
I'm running into walls and unable to modulate steering again. Just like before the second patch. CRAP

I've also noticed that when setting controller sensitivity in the "CONFIG" menu the number for each setting are never able to increment/decrement by one. They always jump by two or four. I think that is part of SMS problem. The controller setup is not rock solid. The operation of the controller seem to be at the bottom of the Pcars developer list.

This could be down to electronics and how the PS4 operates. But the jumping of numbers when adjusting slides in PCars is off by a lot. This needs to be addressed to the PCar DEVS. Where do I forum this?

Yes, I lose them functions when I calibrate. But I don't have to calibrate everytime I fire up the game, most of the time it remembers the previous calibration.

I only had to recalibrate my CSR after the master patch, though I had to reset everything first before putting in the settings, I found if you didn't do that then you made things worse,

@v8s R Us @Dealerflash

My new settings for fanatec CSR on PCars,

In wheel settings,
SEn- 720
FF-100
Sho-100
Dri-off
AbS- 24
Lin-000
dEA- 000
SPr- 0
dPr- 0
ACL- off

In game
Press triangle to reset your wheel, follow calibration instructions, then set controls as follows,

Steering deadzone- 0
Steering sensitivity- 55
Throttle sensitivity- 70
Brake deadzone- 0
Brake sensitivity- 85
Clutch deadzone- 0
Clutch sensitivity- 100
Speed sensitivity- 0
Controller filtering sensitivity- 0
Damper saturation- 0
Force feedback- 100
RPM/ gear display yes
Controller input 3
Advanced off,

This is the best all-rounder setup I've found for the Fanatec 918 RSR wheel, thanks.

For ref, I ignored the differences in CSR vs 918 wheel settings (ACL, For, etc).

Can anyone with a Fanatec GT3 tell me how to get it working with Patch 3.0? It won't even recgnise my wheel.

:(

Unfortunately I found a solution. The only thing that worked was deleting my gamesave & starting again. Not a problem for me as I don't play Career Mode (too many bugs, don't like it much either), but some with the same problem might find it too drastic. It would be nice if our wheels continued to work after updating without having to delete all progress.

You dont need to delete your entire save, but you do need to reset your wheel co figuration

The wheel configuration menu wasn't showing up for me, it wasn't recognising my wheel. The only way around this was to delete the gamesave, nothing else worked.

Last edited:
Damn, that blows. Did you also try switching to pad, then resetting the controller settings, then plugin the wheel again?

Reading the official forums it doesn't seem limited to a specific wheel type BTW, other wheel type users also have it.

I only have a few hours logged in this game in Practice Mode, so it was no big deal for me to delete it & start again. I tried a few things but nothing worked, I don't think I reset DS4 though, maybe trying everything possible would be a good idea for those with lots of time invested in Career Mode.

Did you start the game using your wheel in PC mode, instead of starting it with your controller?

I don't think thats possible, as Fanatec wheels don't work in the PS4's menus. However, my wheel was turned on & in PC mode before i launched the game.

VBR
I don't think thats possible, as Fanatec wheels don't work in the PS4's menus. However, my wheel was turned on & in PC mode before i launched the game.

I think he means once the game has been launched from the XMB, the first button press to start the game must be with the wheel.

I think he means once the game has been launched from the XMB, the first button press to start the game must be with the wheel.

Yes, I did that & it didn't help unfortunately.

VBR
My Fanatec GT2 works in PS4 menu with my DS4 and my wireless keyboard.

Well, I can't get my GT3 RS v2 to connect to the ps4.
As soon as I plug it in, the display on the wheel goes dark and there is no response from the wheel.

I don't have Project Cars yet, but I wanted to test the wheel with the PS+ demo of Driveclub.
I cant press X on the wheel after launching the game, therefore I can't
use the wheel at all when driving.

I've updated the firmware to 756 and tested the wheel on PC, no issues.
Also I'm using G25 pedals on this wheel and no shifter, but I can't see how that would make any difference.

Any ideas?

Well, I can't get my GT3 RS v2 to connect to the ps4.
As soon as I plug it in, the display on the wheel goes dark and there is no response from the wheel.

I don't have Project Cars yet, but I wanted to test the wheel with the PS+ demo of Driveclub.
I cant press X on the wheel after launching the game, therefore I can't
use the wheel at all when driving.

I've updated the firmware to 756 and tested the wheel on PC, no issues.
Also I'm using G25 pedals on this wheel and no shifter, but I can't see how that would make any difference.

Any ideas?

I'm unsure fanatec support DriveClub, that could be your issue,

DriveClub definitely doesn't support Fanatec at the moment.

Back