Fanatec and PS4 Troubleshooting/SettingsPS4 

• Thread starter Smoothherb
  • 392 comments
I do not have sure which version is installed on the wheel. Where and how do i check this? And are you using the wheel on the PS4 right?

Thanks.
Yes PS4 and to check firmware power on wheel, let it rotate right and left then grab the wheel 1/4 turn from finish then press L3 , R3 , X, O all at the same time. Firmware will be displayed on wheel , along with on or off .Off means temperature controlled fan , on means fan on all the time.

I know there is a feature on the fanatec gt3 wheel where it vibrates when on the throttle. But I can´t figure out how to activate this? Is this game specific?

Yes PS4 and to check firmware power on wheel, let it rotate right and left then grab the wheel 1/4 turn from finish then press L3 , R3 , X, O all at the same time. Firmware will be displayed on wheel , along with on or off .Off means temperature controlled fan , on means fan on all the time.
Ok, I've got it. Thanks VERY MUCH!

I know there is a feature on the fanatec gt3 wheel where it vibrates when on the throttle. But I can´t figure out how to activate this? Is this game specific?
It's one of the in-wheel settings. I havn't tried it in pCARS so I'm not sure if it's game specific

Ok ,got wheel updates and now works no probs ,but now I have no idea on FFB settings for wheel,etc .I have watched the video on you tube about FFB good and bad but I cannot get the same outcome as the video ,I have checked jack spades settings,etc but I still get a flat line on telemetry when cornering and no feeling of kerbs ,etc .can anybody help ???.
Regards Mike

Does anyone know if the Fanatec BMW M3 GT2 wheelrim will navigate the PS4 menus? I'm assuming not and it would require a DS4, but just wanted to double check. Is Fanatec planning on making a full PS4 wheelrim?

Jerome

Does anyone know if the Fanatec BMW M3 GT2 wheelrim will navigate the PS4 menus? I'm assuming not and it would require a DS4, but just wanted to double check. Is Fanatec planning on making a full PS4 wheelrim?

Jerome
It does not, you need a DS4.

Ah, you've taken that the wrong way lol, I was relieved to find out I wasn't the only one having ossues
Same problem Dave. At times the wheel has no FFB and I have to play with the Fx/Fy settings to get some feel back. Played GT6 last night and the FFB is what it should be. Project Cars still not getting it right.

Same problem Dave. At times the wheel has no FFB and I have to play with the Fx/Fy settings to get some feel back. Played GT6 last night and the FFB is what it should be. Project Cars still not getting it right.

I did a master reset on my wheel, almost got it sorted now, still not right though,

Better than Project Cars my friend.
My guess is that you must have some of the FFB sliders way off...

I'll tell you this: in PCars my T500RS has come alive. Never knew that it could give so much feeback. And I tried each and every possible setting in GT6 (and in GT5 for that matter).

While FFB may be different with Fanatec wheels (I'll report back as soon as I have my Fanatec gear) there is still no way the FFB simulation in GT6 is "how it should be"...

Last edited:
@v8s R Us @Dealerflash

My new settings for fanatec CSR on PCars,

In wheel settings,
SEn- 720
FF-100
Sho-100
Dri-off
AbS- 24
Lin-000
dEA- 000
SPr- 0
dPr- 0
ACL- off

In game
Press triangle to reset your wheel, follow calibration instructions, then set controls as follows,

Steering deadzone- 0
Steering sensitivity- 55
Throttle sensitivity- 70
Brake deadzone- 0
Brake sensitivity- 85
Clutch deadzone- 0
Clutch sensitivity- 100
Speed sensitivity- 0
Controller filtering sensitivity- 0
Damper saturation- 0
Force feedback- 100
RPM/ gear display yes
Controller input 3
Advanced off,

@v8s R Us @Dealerflash

My new settings for fanatec CSR on PCars,

In wheel settings,
SEn- 720
FF-100
Sho-100
Dri-off
AbS- 24
Lin-000
dEA- 000
SPr- 0
dPr- 0
ACL- off

In game
Press triangle to reset your wheel, follow calibration instructions, then set controls as follows,

Steering deadzone- 0
Steering sensitivity- 55
Throttle sensitivity- 70
Brake deadzone- 0
Brake sensitivity- 85
Clutch deadzone- 0
Clutch sensitivity- 100
Speed sensitivity- 0
Controller filtering sensitivity- 0
Damper saturation- 0
Force feedback- 100
RPM/ gear display yes
Controller input 3
Advanced off,
Great! I am just openning the Project cars to test your setting buddy

There is a 2gb update, this may make all settings redundant again,

Well, the 2.0 update has made more than just some settings redundant, my wheel & pedals are redundant!

For some reason the game thinks my GT2 is now a Turbo S & it doesn't recognise any inputs from my pedals, so my pedals don't work. The wheel can't be calibrated properly either.

:(

Back