Fanatec and PS4 Troubleshooting/SettingsPS4 

• Thread starter Smoothherb
  • 392 comments
@v8s R Us

So I've been through my wheel, all deadzones are set to zero and all responses are set to maximum,
Wheel rotation to 750,

In game settings,
Steering deadzone 5,
Steering sensitivity 55,
Throttle deadzone 0,
Throttle sensitivity 80,
Brake deadzone 0,
Brake sensitivity 75,
Clutch deadzone 0,
Clutch sensitivity 50,
Speed filtering sensitivity 65,
Controller filtering sensitivity 0,
Force feed back 100,
Gear/ rpm display yes,
Controller input mode 3,
Advanced off,

In your tuning for the cars there is a screen called alignment, at the top of that sheet is a slider for steering ratio. For tin lid cars I use a ratio of 10.9.1 and in Formula cars I use the ratio 10.5.1, just seems to make things more fluent with input,

Hope this helps, though we get a patch for all this in the next week or 2 hopefully,
Thanks Dave, I really appreciate your help. I will apply the settings now and see how we go. Thanks again mate.

@v8s R Us

So I've been through my wheel, all deadzones are set to zero and all responses are set to maximum,
Wheel rotation to 750,

In game settings,
Steering deadzone 5,
Steering sensitivity 55,
Throttle deadzone 0,
Throttle sensitivity 80,
Brake deadzone 0,
Brake sensitivity 75,
Clutch deadzone 0,
Clutch sensitivity 50,
Speed filtering sensitivity 65,
Controller filtering sensitivity 0,
Force feed back 100,
Gear/ rpm display yes,
Controller input mode 3,
Advanced off,

In your tuning for the cars there is a screen called alignment, at the top of that sheet is a slider for steering ratio. For tin lid cars I use a ratio of 10.9.1 and in Formula cars I use the ratio 10.5.1, just seems to make things more fluent with input,

Hope this helps, though we get a patch for all this in the next week or 2 hopefully,
Dave

Applied the settings and set the steering deadzone to 0, set the wheel FF to 90% and it has transformed the wheel. No longer have to play with the other Fx, Fy Mz etc settings. The wheel is perfect. Thanks so much for your help Dave, I really appreciate it. Hope to see you on the track at some stage.

Dave

Applied the settings and set the steering deadzone to 0, set the wheel FF to 90% and it has transformed the wheel. No longer have to play with the other Fx, Fy Mz etc settings. The wheel is perfect. Thanks so much for your help Dave, I really appreciate it. Hope to see you on the track at some stage.

I've had another fiddle with the wheel rotation, I'm now running it at 720 degrees, perfect, glad to help mate,

After patch 1.4, I have set up my Fanatec GT2 wheel, & it seems to be working, but the pedals are not registering at all. PLEASE HELP!!!

I have G25 pedals connected via the adapter that came with the wheel.

Last edited:
I've only noticed that the FFB got stronger in my wheel, but its not constant, and it can vary between practice 1 and practice 2,

CSR pack user,

I've only noticed that the FFB got stronger in my wheel, but its not constant, and it can vary between practice 1 and practice 2,

CSR pack user,
Dave

Have the same problem. Last night the FFB on the wheel was perfect, now it's like a Sega Rally Game. No feel at all. Fiddling with the Fx settings etc to see if it helps. Getting frustrated, may have to race GT6 to unload.

Stuart

Dave

Have the same problem. Last night the FFB on the wheel was perfect, now it's like a Sega Rally Game. No feel at all. Fiddling with the Fx settings etc to see if it helps. Getting frustrated, may have to race GT6 to unload.

Stuart

Hahahaha its not that bad hahahaha

I'm planning on finally playing this game properly tonight after waiting so long for this patch. Can anyone recommend some settings for the Turbo-S please?
I'm going to try out Jack Spade's ffb settings first off, but a user on the PC forums by the name of Grimey Dog has also posted some ffb settings that he reckons are top notch for Fanatec users.
Is anyone here using a similar wheel with good results please?

VBR
After patch 1.4, I have set up my Fanatec GT2 wheel, & it seems to be working, but the pedals are not registering at all. PLEASE HELP!!!

I have G25 pedals connected via the adapter that came with the wheel.
i have a friend with the same problem, he also tried logitech pedals with an adpater and not working anymore. moreover the wheel still performs really badly. His words, didn't tried, just FYI.

i have a friend with the same problem, he also tried logitech pedals with an adpater and not working anymore. moreover the wheel still performs really badly. His words, didn't tried, just FYI.

What Fanatec wheel has your friend got? I've got a GT2.

I tried my GT2 & G25 pedals in GT6, & they worked some of the time, but I still had the problem where the pedals cut out. In Project CARS though, the pedals never worked at all.

So it works sometimes in GT6, but not at all in Project CARS, weird huh!

:(

VBR
What Fanatec wheel has your friend got? I've got a GT2.

I tried my GT2 & G25 pedals in GT6, & they worked some of the time, but I still had the problem where the pedals cut out. In Project CARS though, the pedals never worked at all.

So it works sometimes in GT6, but not at all in Project CARS, weird huh!

:(
fanatec GT2 as you, however he will move to another new gen wheel as gt2 does not provide full support, due to impossible button mapping, and because the wheel doesn't work with driveclub. However is was working before the patch, probably SMS messed up fanatec support with this update .. even if they had to do it, it was not playable.

fanatec GT2 as you, however he will move to another new gen wheel as gt2 does not provide full support, due to impossible button mapping, and because the wheel doesn't work with driveclub. However is was working before the patch, probably SMS messed up fanatec support with this update .. even if they had to do it, it was not playable.

So his G25 pedals were working with his GT2 before the 1.4 patch?

EDIT: Problem solved! You have to calibrate the pedals before use. Mine are working now, as is the GT2.

Last edited:
Maaan, the CSS shifter still doesn't work in seq mode, despite being in the changelog.

Between that and the rubbish FFB on the CSW base, maybe it's worth trying again in 6 months...

In the meantime, surely we can organise a default set of recommended global FFB defaults, rather than trawling through threads.

Ok so just got p/cars and about to start ,but as I have read in this area there seems to be issues still with gt3rs v2 (which I use) can anyone clarify if there is a start up procedure and any do"s and don't as I have read too many horror stories before patch 1.4 ,but some good feedback also after patch .
Regards Mike

Ok so just got p/cars and about to start ,but as I have read in this area there seems to be issues still with gt3rs v2 (which I use) can anyone clarify if there is a start up procedure and any do"s and don't as I have read too many horror stories before patch 1.4 ,but some good feedback also after patch .
Regards Mike

Fire up your PS4, Fire up your wheel, put it into PC mode, then fire up Project CARS, as it's loading turn off the DS4. If it's anything like the GT2 the game will kick it into PS3 mode.

Then all you have to do is calibrate the wheel & pedals in the Controller menu.

My GT2 seems to be working fine now, hope your GT3 does too.

👍

VBR
Fire up your PS4, Fire up your wheel, put it into PC mode, then fire up Project CARS, as it's loading turn off the DS4. If it's anything like the GT2 the game will kick it into PS3 mode.

Then all you have to do is calibrate the wheel & pedals in the Controller menu.

My GT2 seems to be working fine now, hope your GT3 does too.

👍

After much trying I have gave up !!.
The problems I have encountered are that when I switch wheel on I have to move the throttle pedal to make the game load and then freezes and then crashes with a code on the screen telling me to update the game/ps4 ,which has already been done

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 8
I have been on a rollercoaster since 1.4 came out. I have been waiting for PCars to drop (as have the rest of you) for a while. I did expect so day one issues. But nothing as sad as the lack of control using a DS4. The steering was enough to bring water to your eyes. Because everything else appeared so good. I looked at setups, and tried many. But no matte what prior to 1.4 I could not enjoy the game. Never mind the anger of not being able use a perfectly fine G27 and my PlaySeat rig that I saved for as a GT6 item.🤬

Anyway, Friday I was initially in heaven. The update dropped and the fix was in. When I fired up Project Cars, I could feel the difference. I was able to navigate my favorite tracks. And I joyously commented in the news forum.
But late Friday night I got up enough nerve to go on-0line without the fear of wrecking other players because of the DS4 lack of control, I was not having the experience I expected. Everyone was faster, and I just could not stay on the track for any consistent amount of time. Worse yet, I felt the dreaded on center twinge again.:banghead: :odd:

After the event I started a day long dive into driving project cars. And what I found was I was doing more tuning of my controller than I was my cars. And it was not until today Sunday at about noon that I found the answer.
Would have been sooner by life (yard work hair cut cleaning) got in the way.:eek::rolleyes:

So, the problem I was having WAS my controller configuration. The steering sensitivity, Speed Sensitivity and Controller Filtering Sensitivity to be exact. The other settings in the configuration do matter. But none more than those named.
I did see where a member posted that the speed sensitivity and ctrl filter sensitivity were most important.
This was before update 1.4 came. And trust me (I have both PC and PS4 versions) nothing worked for me prior to 1.4.

Once you sort out the differences between these settings (and you will the first time you go 100 MPH and find you barley move when you turn your wheel) every car in the game is yours to command. Carts too.:P

Everyone has different reaction time and eye hand coordination. So one setting will not be a cure for everyone.
What I am posting (IMHO) will be a good starting point. All you have left to do is understand the settings, and drop a tune on your vehicle of choice. With this controller setting I can drive any car well without tuning it. Tuning is just that, fine tuning the car for your personal use.:cool:

These settings may have been posted by others. I am not trying to steal anyone's thunder.:nervous:
This is what my research yielded over most of this weekend. I hope it helps those who need help.
Make sure you set the controller input mode first. If not you'll scramble your settings.
GOOD LUCK MATES.:gtpflag:

Controller Input Mode: 3
Advanced: ON
Soft Steering Damping: ON
Visual Wheel Filtering: ON
Opposite Lock Help: OFF

Steering Deadzone: 5
Steering Sensitivity: 10
Throttle Deadzone: 10
Throttle Sensitivity: 10

Brake Deadzone: 10
Brake Sensitivity: 30
Clutch Deadzone: 10
Clutch Sensitivity: 45

Speed Sensitivity: 60
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 70

Force Feedback: 100
RPM/Gear Display: Yes

Can anyone help me with a problem i have with my GT2? It seems to be disconnecting all the time, and if it tends to hold up for like 30 sec the game crashes immediately. Have absolutley no clue what to do. This happened after the 1.4 update. Before that i had no such problems, also the wheel still works fine on GT6 PS3

Latest Posts

Back