Fanatec and PS4 Troubleshooting/SettingsPS4 

• Thread starter Smoothherb
  • 392 comments
I am using the Fanatec CSR with the G27 pedal mod, I am having an issue where it feels as though the clutch is semi engaged or destroyed, the car just rev's and slowly gains speed, but not enough to be remotely competitive,

Also for some help for the forum, I have found that the dead zone is minimized with the in wheel rotation setting set to 720,

Sorry for hijacking this thread lads, but I'm here because my wheel won't work on Project Cars on the PS4 also, I'm literally downloading GT6 as I type this and I can't wait! Long story.
Anyway, I can't find any wheel settings online for GT6, could somebody here point me in the direction of some please?! I'm using a Turbo-S.
My PSN is TitzonToast if anyone fancies some racing.
I'm gonna play this game until PC gets patched at least.
Thank you in advance.

For the Fanatec CSR wheel. Should I try a different software patch that the site already has for my pedal issue?

I've been adjusting in-game and on-wheel settings since day 1 with PCars and just cannot get anything to feel anywhere near right.

I hope they patch the Fanatec wheels soon, as at present, it's close to unplayable.

That's the reason I've not even bothered to try to use my Fanatec GT2, which ironically I only bought so I could have day one compatibility in P CARS. It's very frustrating! :banghead:

Sorry for hijacking this thread lads, but I'm here because my wheel won't work on Project Cars on the PS4 also, I'm literally downloading GT6 as I type this and I can't wait! Long story.
Anyway, I can't find any wheel settings online for GT6, could somebody here point me in the direction of some please?! I'm using a Turbo-S.

There are only 2 setting for wheels in GT6, & I'd advise you to set them both to 10. As for any settings on your wheel, I can't help you with that, just have a play around with them.

👍

CSW V2 here and it works like a dream on PS4 one you tweak the ffb as per Jack Spades tweaks. It's just as good as it is on my PC copy. Haven't got the same feeling with the Thrustmaster TX on XBone but made some changes last night that improved things significantly.
May I ask which wheel do you have? BMW GT2 or Porsche 918? I'm thinking about buying CSW V2 for PS4, but heard that the BMW wheel doesn't have PS4 support, I prefer the Alcantara material it uses then the leather on 918.

Well, been reading through this thread and I am a CSR user having issues. I am having slow response from the game freezing then unfreezing. Along with the clutch pedal issue of not being able to put the car in gear. (I'll see if reassign in the button helps). Took me quite a bit to figure out the PC mode to get it to work.

I have not even had a chance to deal with the dead zone and force feedback issue. I'll reread through this thread to figure out what firmware the CSR is running.

I am happy that I saw Fanatec responded to someone's email real quick and it is nice to know the Devs are working on a patch. Just a little sad now I am not playing the game right now :-(

May I ask which wheel do you have? BMW GT2 or Porsche 918? I'm thinking about buying CSW V2 for PS4, but heard that the BMW wheel doesn't have PS4 support, I prefer the Alcantara material it uses then the leather on 918.
I have the formula rim and BMW GT2 rim and they both work perfect in PCars on PS4 for me.

i also have the BMW GT2 rim works good. just fire up your wheel befor you start the game.

btw, how about those buttons on the BMW wheel? do they work in PS4 so you can for example navigate through game or PS4 menu?
Navigation in game works flawlessly for me but you can't navigate in the PS4 Menus but I just use the DS4 for that. However, just remember that P Cars is currently the only game on PS4 that the Fanatec wheel will work on. It's not officially supported by Playstation and it's up to individual developers to include the necessary Fanatec drivers in their games for the wheels to work.

Navigation in game works flawlessly for me but you can't navigate in the PS4 Menus but I just use the DS4 for that. However, just remember that P Cars is currently the only game on PS4 that the Fanatec wheel will work on. It's not officially supported by Playstation and it's up to individual developers to include the necessary Fanatec drivers in their games for the wheels to work.
Thanks, just found a BMW GT2 wheel in stock, ordering today:gtpflag:

btw, how about those buttons on the BMW wheel? do they work in PS4 so you can for example navigate through game or PS4 menu?

Nope, you still need (sometimes) to use the pad because in some menu you need to press the pad X button, an in others you need to press th wheel X button. Pure nightmare UI.

Nope, you still need (sometimes) to use the pad because in some menu you need to press the pad X button, an in others you need to press th wheel X button. Pure nightmare UI.

The BMW rim works perfect as does the F1 rim (PS4). Once I press X on either wheel at start of game I shut off the controller and just use the wheel. You can also switch out rims at any time. I haven't had to use pad unless I need to push PS button. You actually run out of buttons trying to assign everything that is available and you can map the wheel anyway you like. If you push PS button on controller and go back to PS4 menu then your wheel will not function for navigating (yet).

Update time :-) got the chance today to update the firmware, took a bit had to install the 144 driver first into my computer because it did not recognize the newer driver at first. After that was complete installed the newest driver to see if it would work once the old driver was installed

Outcome success :-)

Then onto the firmware update/flash. I always worry about anything dealing with the word (in Dr. Evil tone) "Flash". If anyone had a BIOS flash go wrong on them then you know what I am talking about. The user interface on the hardware update worked flawlessly and was quite simple to operate :-) Yay cheers and beers :-).

With this complete I needed to center the wheel which I think I kinked the wheel slightly to the left but I will fix that later.

Went on to load the game and the slow response was gone :-) Yay more Cheers and Beers :-)...

Tried to take a lap at Nord and well I figure I need to get used to tire warming in practice mode... think I totaled a priceless car there. We'll onto another circuit that I know and headed off to Silverstone National in the Mercedes 190 touring car. Took about 5 laps to get used to it but finally had some great results except for the car veering to the right when the wheel was centered :-( boo no cheers and had a few more beers...

Now I'm drunk, it is about 2:30pm and I can't drive :-(... But totally ecstatic over Pcars :-) Next step is to setup the FFB and get the wheel working right.

Still hope a patch comes out soon to be able to navigate better. Then we will have more cheers and beers :-)

My PSN is TitzonToast if anyone fancies some racing.
I'm gonna play this game until PC gets patched at least.
Thank you in advance.

On the PS3 and GT6 I always use these wheel settings

Sen =Off
FF =100
SHO=60
ABS=75

everything else 0 or off

In game it depends on how much FFB I actually want and which patch level it is at as the FFB settings changed in some of them.

I think I was last using sensitivity maxed out, Force around 3 which would be around 6 for your wheel and the second slider they added I just can't remember but it is easy enough to try a couple of setting there and see what feels good to you.

It is important to set the FFB on the wheel to 100, lower it in the game if needed but keep it maxed on the wheel to avoid clipping issues.

I also saw someone here saying they were using a setting of less than 100 on the wheel in PCars but that is a mistake always use 100 on the wheel and in pcars. If that is to much FFB on all cars or even most cars then reduce tire force setting a bit. If it is just some cars that are to strong or weak then adjust the master scale in the FFB section for that car as part of the tune and/or the caster angle.

Cheers for that Roadhog, what type of wheel did you pick from the one's available in GT6 man? As in, the pictures in the set up menu. Or does it even matter?

EDIT
I owe you one for those settings man, game transformed!

Last edited:
Be aware that there's quite a difference between PCARS on PS4 compatibility, and PS4 compatibility.

To be honest, I'm not quite up with where true PS4 compatibility is at the moment.

Be aware that there's quite a difference between PCARS on PS4 compatibility, and PS4 compatibility.

To be honest, I'm not quite up with where true PS4 compatibility is at the moment.
Thanks for reminding, I think for the PS4 compatibility, besides PCars, only thing matters to me is GT7, I guess no one can tell, but from the history of PD, there is a good hope that it will support CSW V2 quite well?

3 weeks since Project CARS was released, 3 weeks of not being able to play it with my newly purchased GT2. PC patch out, XB1 patch out, PS4 patch coming SMSoon.

:(

VBR
3 weeks since Project CARS was released, 3 weeks of not being able to play it with my newly purchased GT2. PC patch out, XB1 patch out, PS4 patch coming SMSoon.

:(

Yeah...I haven't played it since the day after it came out. Really hoping they get the PS4 patch out soon, though to be honest I've had plenty of other games to keep me busy.

Can someone help me out please,
What are the pros to having,
Wheel settings you have to mess about with, ( normal stuff I get this )
Then more wheel FFB settings,
Then more wheel settings for every single car,
Then more wheel FFB settings for every car again,
On top of the normal settings for the car,
Then making the game count the wheel as a controller. ( mind blown right here )

I am using the Fanatec CSR with the G27 pedal mod, I am having an issue where it feels as though the clutch is semi engaged or destroyed, the car just rev's and slowly gains speed, but not enough to be remotely competitive,

Also for some help for the forum, I have found that the dead zone is minimized with the in wheel rotation setting set to 720,
Make sure you map your clutch to somethimg other then your clutch pedal

Back