Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
$500... yikes. Considering the damper is included, that's a $120 premium for inversion.

That's getting near full hydraulic pedals. That being said, no doubt this will be a great product.

EDIT: looking at the photos, it seems they changed some of the pedal mechanisms. I get were the added cost comes from.

I'm really interested what Fanatec can make a DD wheel for. <$1K would be ideal but I'm not placing any bets.

Last edited:
The last sentence of that simracingpaddock link explains the price cut on the CSWv2 (and I interpret this cut as presumably because DD wheel prices are such that the CSWv2 needs to fit in a lower price slot, not competition from the Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer and pending GT Sport wheels)

Personally a suitably priced Fanatec DD wheel sounds great. Heck, it might even be the trigger for me to switch back to Fanatec after the years with Thrustmaster :D

IMO consistency of force > maximum output. Almost no car with power assisted steering produces more force than a CSW V2. It's the delivery and consistency that matters.

I think high torque motors reduces input lag because they are more able to handle the wheel rim inertia. Then you are able to feel higher frequencies (high frequencies implies that the wheel can change its speed faster).

I own a CSW V2 and it is an amazing wheel (that + an HTC Vive + Assetto Corsa makes me happy every weekend). But I am still curious about the Accuforce/OSW/SimSteering wheels. And keeping my 918 rim ans CSP V2 while accessing to the direct drive wheel is real teasing me.

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

CSW-V2.5-Big2-1000x666.jpg

''A facelift for our proven technology
The ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 is a careful and precise evolution of the highly successful V2. It comes with more advanced electronics and a new motor for improved feeling, functionality and even higher durability.''

Last edited:
PS3 mode is dropped ?

I think that is the difference apart from the "A facelift for our proven technology ..."

With no ps3 mode, you cannot use gimx / ps4 with the new v2.5... talk about going backwards...

@Fanatec... Please tell us more!

Also this came out of nowhere. I'm keen to know what the difference are vs the V2.

No mention of PS3 or Logitech in the manual. Welp, that's good for V2 resale values.

Last edited:
I think that is the difference apart from the "A facelift for our proven technology ..."

With no ps3 mode, you cannot use gimx / ps4 with the new v2.5... talk about going backwards...

Well technically there is still a possibility using windows hid interface I think

This was possibly a requirement to get the licence to make an official PS4 wheel?

This was possibly a requirement to get the licence to make an official PS4 wheel?
They removed all references to PS4 compatibility last year when they started talking to Sony about a Fanatec PS4 wheel, but I don't recall PS3 compatibility statements also being removed. Then again, they might well have done so because after all they never had a PS3 license directly, they just piggy-backed on Logitech's license.

That would be awesome. A USB hub with a security chip. Simple. Probably a bit optimistic, but possible.

Although it looks like the buttons are inverted and that would make what looks to be the PS logo... not the PS logo. Although the blue color is very close to the official PlayStation blue. Hmmmmmmm.

So Thomas has pretty much confirmed it's not a wheel converter for PS4 but something completely new that has never been done before.

Edit: Just to add, I asked Thomas over on the blog when it would release and he replied 'Very soon'.

Last edited:
Interesting:

f937c06404dd6b6ad8a68c027aa9df.jpg

Link

I am hesitant to create a new thread about it but I feel we should. Keen a discussion to start about this product than discussing it in here which is kind of off topic.

Those buttons look interesting. The first one looks like some kind of gauge/compass. Two directional buttons. An info button. And the other looks like the playstation logo...

hmm....

If it hasn't been done before it cannot be a wheel, hand break, gear shifter or pedal. What else is missing? Fees like a button box?

I am hesitant to create a new thread about it but I feel we should. Keen a discussion to start about this product than discussing it in here which is kind of off topic.

Those buttons look interesting. The first one looks like some kind of gauge/compass. Two directional buttons. An info button. And the other looks like the playstation logo...

hmm....

If it hasn't been done before it cannot be a wheel, hand break, gear shifter or pedal. What else is missing? Fees like a button box?
One is a brake warning symbol, another a cruise control symbol, two directional arrows (indicators) and the final one is the playstaton logo.

These are the replies of Thomas from Fanatec in the blog comments.

Nope. This picture does not show a wheel
In reply to a question about a button box.
No. And this was my last hint.
There are already several converters on the market which work well. Why would we make another one?

We rather make something which has not be done before. Not even on PC.
What you see on the picture has never be done by anyone
In reply to question about release date.
Very soon.

Multi channel mini rumble motors to attach to your sim rig? Some type of sim racing Motec box? Universal USB hub for other sim products so they integrated with Fanatec products in software?

I'm stumped.

Very interesting comment posted on a Virtual R story about this product.

You're guessing wrong, the announcement of Direct Drive wheel will happen alongside the unveil of Project Scorpio/Forza 7 in the upcoming E3 (June 11)

Followed by,

No, because it was an off the record, private conversation with a Fanatec guy (not thomas). it's almost certain however that they're going to reveal the DD wheel in E3

Sorry for the double post but there is more information to add. Thomas has stated that 'very soon' means 'We will be on time for Dirt 4 ;)'. This was in response to someone having a moan about PS4 wheel support. So no idea if 'on time' for Dirt 4 means this mystery product or a PS4 wheel.

Edit: Very interesting! The posts in regard to the above have all been deleted!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back