Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Thanks for this, I'd rather have a GT2 in June than wait until January for a GTwhatever. I still look forward to your news, the transparency on your behalf only helps your business and eases our minds, your surprise has not been spoiled.

Can I suggest to you that you post information like this on your blog more? As a customer I check it daily to see if there's anything new regarding my order...

lol. im the same way. check all the sites daily in hopes that something off happens and they got the wheels in. Even though i know it just makes the wait longer cause I am watching it. lol.

Yeah Thomas, you'll get our business no matter what. Come to think of it, I assume Clubsport pedals, and shifters will be backwards compatible with anything down the road. So if I just need to buy a wheel down the road for an upgrade in a year or two, I have no problems with that. I'm just so close to the GT2 it's killing me!!!

Thanks!

Ya its down to the last couple of weeks, and it is just eating me alive. I need to just turn off my computer for a week or so. lol. maybe it will ease the pain.

Well hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on out for the GT2's. I am so anxious to play. Been a while since i turned on a racing game.

- a F1 wheel based on GT2 electronic/mechanic
- a mid range playseat

ps: Thomas, remember you told us last year about the "original ideas" you had about a mid range playseat. I'm still waiting for it badly ! :P

Haven't updated in a while but just found this on http://www.fanatecwheel.com/ that Thomas just announced a new wheel, pretty much.

http://www.fanatecwheel.com/news/help-shape-fanatecs-next-high-end-wheel

Thomas just published a new blog post on his blog. He first congratulates Thrustmaster for producing the T500 RS wheel and being back in the market for serious wheels and later he asks for input on what should their next high-end wheel be like.

If you want to add suggestions, follow this format.

Compatibility to what platforms?
Shape and style of wheel rim
Steady or moving shifters?
Materials used on rim and base
Colours
Name
Adjustability
Licensed or not?
Dimensions, weight
Strength and speed of the FF motors
Ho wmany buttons, switches, joysticks etc?
New Tuning functions?
Compatibility to peripherals like CSP, Shifter etc.
Backwards compatibility to older games on PS3 or Xbox
Price range
Specials?

Then post it on here. I wouldn't say this is a total confirmation of a new wheel, but it looks very promising.

I am a owner of a defect GT2 wheel (won´t work on the PC so I got my money back) becuse It´s defect I could keep it wich I think was nice by fanatec but I have to say I got disappointed by the way the wheel feels and I hope they will release a new wheel with much better quality, for example the clamping mechanism is pure crap and the paddle buttons on the wheel shouldn´t be there at all. I would like to see fanatec making a bigger wheel and improves the clamping mechanism.

Then post it on here.

I tried signing up for an account twice in the last week with no success so I could leave feedback. I even tried signing up for Drupal and using the "remote authentication" with no dice, it's obvious Drupal (the blog software) was not installed properly.

I hope the quality of the Fanatec web sites and the way they're managed isn't indicative of the quality of the products. Reading the recent comments makes me quite nervous that this wheel isn't going to live up to the expectations the price sets. I knew there were problems with the first batch, and that Fanatec is a small company, but what little faith I had is failing me in the final week or two of waiting.

Fanatec!

You must be in the US by now I presume.
Did you collect your "Chinese Takeaway" on the way their?

I hope it is tasty! :)

I tried signing up for an account twice in the last week with no success so I could leave feedback. I even tried signing up for Drupal and using the "remote authentication" with no dice, it's obvious Drupal (the blog software) was not installed properly.

I hope the quality of the Fanatec web sites and the way they're managed isn't indicative of the quality of the products. Reading the recent comments makes me quite nervous that this wheel isn't going to live up to the expectations the price sets. I knew there were problems with the first batch, and that Fanatec is a small company, but what little faith I had is failing me in the final week or two of waiting.

Our website is working but we manually apporve every new member. Please make sure that you fill in your real name so we make sure it is no spam.

Fanatec!

You must be in the US by now I presume.
Did you collect your "Chinese Takeaway" on the way their?

I hope it is tasty! :)

I am actually at the Wörthersee VW and Audi Tuning Festival where Audi shows the new A1 Clubsport Quattro with our new RSC Underfloor. I will post pictures later.

Our website is working but we manually apporve every new member. Please make sure that you fill in your real name so we make sure it is no spam.

I will try again. I want to comment so I could inform you that I've become a customer due solely to the rare support of the Xbox 360 and to urge you to prioritize providing a consistent and continued quality on the platform if it's in your power.

Related FYI, the other part of my post was in regards to comments I've read regarding force feedback not working properly in Xbox 360 games like Dirt 3. I don't know what to make of any of it, I would have assumed it would just work the same for each game... I fear I just have to wait and see for myself since you don't have any lists of compatible games on the web site and some users report no issues.

Last edited:
Related FYI, the other part of my post was in regards to comments I've read regarding force feedback not working properly in Xbox 360 games like Dirt 3. I don't know what to make of any of it, I would have assumed it would just work the same for each game... I fear I just have to wait and see for myself since you don't have any lists of compatible games on the web site and some users report no issues.
Could you be more specific about this issue? Each game has different force feedback and some people may not like FF in Dirt3, but I think it is working as it should. I don't think the default in-game settings are good though. Way too much wheel weight for my taste (more than in any other game).

Could you be more specific about this issue? Each game has different force feedback and some people may not like FF in Dirt3, but I think it is working as it should. I don't think the default in-game settings are good though. Way too much wheel weight for my taste (more than in any other game).

I have neither game nor wheel, just what I've been reading around forums like this one. Until a few minutes ago I thought the clutch not working was Fanatec's fault, but now I'm realizing it might be Codemasters fault.. but, I don't really understand, since you can use the clutch with the controller... maybe the PS3 version is just the way to go for that one game...

Oh yes, the clutch does not work on X360 which is a huge disappointment. Codemasters first forgot to write that on their compatibility list, then added it the day before Dirt 3 release and a few days after the release one of their developers tweeted that they might add clutch support for Fanatecs on X360, but did not promise. It's completely up to Codemasters..let's hope they fix it :)

PS: We are way offtopic. Anyone waiting for E3? :)

I will order the CSS as soon as it is on the site as well. BUT, only if it is going to be delivered when promised. Not, order, hope to have it within a month, then get told, oh wait, now there is a 6 month wait because of production/QC issues. Also, make sure it will work, and not brake within a month of having it like the first runs of standard pedals and shifters.

They need to make sure when they release new products, they can meet the demand. Do not release the product if massive delays and back orders are to be expected again. If so, good luck keeping loyal customers. I have already had 1 not so good experience, but Fanatec did go above and beyond the call of duty to correct its mistakes with me. So, I am willing to give them another chance.

One last note, do not take the money from our accounts until the item has shipped or is being prepared to ship. Something called intellectual property rights kick in once money is exchanged. At least for the USA.

Last edited:
^^^
I'm waiting to see how the Clubsport Shifter looks like, and if the reviews are great, then I'll get it along with a wheel and a set of pedals altogether. I've waited this long, I can wait a little while longer.

046xy.jpg

It looks great - much better than the T500RS IMO

Last edited:
It looks great - much better than the T500RS IMO

It looks pretty good but I don't think it looks better (of course I'm a big GT5 fan so I'm very biased).

For real though it's still obviously a prototype. It doesn't have a dpad or LED that Fanatecs are reknown for (config the wheel outside the game). Notice they have a gamepad laying right beside it in which I am assuming they use to traverse the menus. So I wouldn't start critiquing this baby yet til Fanatec is ready to give more info

The only assumptions I would go with is that it has xbox 360 compat (they appear to be playing FM3) & will obviously use the clubsport packages. Maybe this is a Forza 4 wheel. Hopefully more will be revealed shortly

Back