Fanatec CSL DD: Entry Level, $350 Direct Drive Wheel

For Xbox, will games need to be specifically made compatible with the CSL DD or is it a case of "anywhere you can plug in an CSL Elite (with an Xbox rim), you can plug in a CSL DD"?

Unlike the other platforms Xbox doesn't recognise Fanatec wheels as "Fanatec" wheels, instead using the Microsoft Wheel SDK to support them.

Last edited:
For Xbox, will games need to be specifically made compatible with the CSL DD or is it a case of "anywhere you can plug in an CSL Elite (with an Xbox rim), you can plug in a CSL DD"?

Unlike the other platforms Xbox doesn't recognise Fanatec wheels as "Fanatec" wheels, instead using the Microsoft Wheel SDK to support them.

The description i saw said compatible with all pc/ xbox platforms and will be a specific version for ps.
Screenshot_2021-04-25-14-45-22.png

Last edited:
My opinion.
But, it is more a Sony issue as I now remember.
very much a Sony issue
Yes and the electronic components inside cost pence. IMO it should have been supplied as standard, why gimp your product with a lesser PSU that impacts on the products performance ? Makes little sense to me. Anyway let's see how much it is.
I don't get what you don't under, many entry or mid level buyers do not need the extra power or cost. This is the value line. I am sure we will see some middle ground in a year or two when the cs dd comes to existence. 350 is a great price and is probably kind of a dividing line for that level of consumer. Costing more than a console is a line some won't cross, even though if you are new to the ecosystem it will be more.

Also if you have not noticed the price materials have gone up. They are a business and are out make money, while pleasing as many people as possible

The description i saw said compatible with all pc/ xbox platforms and will be a specific version for ps.
View attachment 1006964
I know it’s compatible with the console, but it’s the games I’m more concerned about.

Will various Xbox racing games need updates in order to support the DD? If that’s the case then I can pretty much already confirm that certain games won’t support it as they’re no longer receiving updates, and it’ll only work on new releases.

I know it’s compatible with the console, but it’s the games I’m more concerned about.

Will various Xbox racing games need updates in order to support the DD? If that’s the case then I can pretty much already confirm that certain games won’t support it as they’re no longer receiving updates, and it’ll only work on new releases.
Typically new wheelbases have a fall-back in that they have legacy modes. The DD1/2 worked as a CSW v2.5 in the long abandoned Project Cars 2 for example. I can't imagine this new wheelbase being any different.

Typically new wheelbases have a fall-back in that they have legacy modes. The DD1/2 worked as a CSW v2.5 in the long abandoned Project Cars 2 for example. I can't imagine this new wheelbase being any different.
Oh good :)

Basically, I want to know if I can enjoy DiRT Rally 2.0 with this wheel given the game doesn't get updates anymore. We don't officially support the Fanatec WRC wheel either (wanted to but it released too late in the game's life cycle for it to be implemented), but given the way Fanatec wheels connect to Xbox it works anyway.

Last edited:
Oh good :)

Basically, I want to know if I can enjoy DiRT Rally 2.0 with this wheel given the game doesn't get updates anymore. We don't officially support the Fanatec WRC wheel either (wanted to but it released too late in the game's life cycle for it to be implemented), but given the way Fanatec wheels connect to Xbox it works anyway.
Usually, if the game supports Fanatec FFB, the wheelbase can do the translation. And as mentionned earlier, Fanatec usually includes a compatibility mode as a fallback.

So, to sum it up:

• A CSL DD for the PS5 which is probably also going to be compatible with the pc.
  • A PS5
  • GT7
  • A PSVR 2 if PD manages to make GT7 VR compatible
  • Other peripherals such as pedals
  • A new very powerful gaming computer
Does anyone have a suggestion to buy certain stock so I can buy all that stuff in the near future?

Last edited:
View attachment 1006964

Sorry about that, read fast maybe.
Depends if its Fanatec directly that says its compatible i guess, then it be directly without needing a workaround from Xbox etc.
From what you said now, does this mean fanatec arent working on ps4/5 for dr2?

Pretty disappointing if a company like codemasters doesnt add support for compatible wheels honestly.
Its not like a small indie.
I love dr2 but that be a bummer to learn.

Last edited:
So, to sum it up:

• A CSL DD for the PS5 which is probably also going to be compatible with the pc.
  • A PS5
  • GT7
  • A PSVR 2 if PD manages to make GT7 VR compatible
  • Other peripherals such as pedals
  • A new very powerful gaming computer
Does anyone have a suggestion to buy certain stock so I can buy all that stuff in the near future?
Endor AG! ;)

you forgot the 120hz screen! ;)

IF you look on the FANATEC EU Website the CSL Elite wheel base is no longer on there

That may also be a supply chain issue. There was a chance that the Suez Canal blockage might have something to do with this. Just speculation though.

That may also be a supply chain issue. There was a chance that the Suez Canal blockage might have something to do with this. Just speculation though.
It was on the EU store up until the CSL DD was announced. I was looking at it in the store a few hours before the CSL DD Was announced. Also if it was just simply out of stock it would say so like it has been in the past. I have never seen Fanatec remove any product from their store if it was just out of stock and was going to be back on sale.

Last edited:
The killer would be if the wheel and/or pedals had haptics built in. Imagine the brake pedal being really hard at the start of a race because the brakes are cold and then getting softer during a long race as they heat up and wear, or a vibration from a damaged tyre that worsens until it blows out. Loads of neat stuff they could do.

Back